Hi, I got a 7130c handheld with Cingular but I have unlocked the phone and use it with a random simcard in Europe. All works, but... It seems there is no way to connect it to internet because I have no BB plan and there is no way to have it here. So, can I modify something in this device to be able to use internet? Like for example set up a new OS with/or some program? OR can i do anything to be able to use internet thru gprs...?

I like the baby cuz it's fast and selling it is the very last option.
    Thanks
    08-11-07 03:07 AM
    Depending on the carrier your utilizing you maybe be able to change the TCP/IP settings on the device to enable ''some'' data usage, you will not get push email but you may be able to download say Opera Mini and Gmail Mobile and utilize those applications to have ''some'' data usage...if you post your carrier we may be able to help you in finding their APN settings to at least try it out.
    08-12-07 03:28 PM
    not to jack the thread or anything, but I was wondering the same for my 7130g, I live in the US and t-mobile is my carrier, I downloaded opera mini and changed the APN to internet2.voicestream.com, because I read somewhere that it would work but it didn't... I don't really want to spend 40 bucks for a data plan alone
    08-22-07 12:08 PM
    Unless you have a BB Plan you will not be able to do very much....

It might be wiser to get an international roaming plan...
    08-22-07 01:17 PM
    you in a bb data plan for the internet for the device and if your going to be taveling overseas, add a bb international data plan, you will be happy in the end. Because you wont get a 40,000 bill, i see it all the time.
    09-26-07 05:21 PM
    Hi,
    Even I m having the same problem what Replika has, I am using Reliance network in India.
    Please advise, how can I use the internet browser on unlocked BB as I dont want to use BB sevice.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    04-18-10 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD