Again I look for help. I have the desktop manager on my PC.

1. I go to BLACKBERRY.com software and download opera.alx file.
    2. I see it in a folder on my PC after I click on the download.
    3. I can't get the application OPERA from the folder on PC to the phone. I click on the file and see it on the PC but when I use the application loader feature of the desktop software nothing moves to the phone. What am I doing wrong?

Bottom line is how do you get an application (opera, weather, game etc) something from the Internet onto the phone?

Thanks Newbie Bob
    06-12-09 09:12 PM
    If your downloading a zip files you unzip it. Now the folder should have two files. alx and cod. Start Dm go to applications loader like you did. Brows for the app to add. Once you click ok it should show up in the list of apps on the left. Make sure there is a check in the box for the said app. Click next and let it do its thing. When its done and you have disconnected from the pc you may have to do a battery pull on the device. After that go to options/advanced options/applications and see if the app shows up in that list. Fo opera mini...
    It may not be supported for that device. I think it requires 4.2 or higher, I could be wrong though. Try going to mini.opera.com using your device browser. If it compatible it will install for you.
    Last edited by rlp32; 06-13-09 at 09:07 AM.
    06-13-09 09:03 AM
    It did indeed work for me. If you go to the following website from your Blackberry 7200 series (mini.opera.com), then it will download to your phone and work faster than your blackberry browser ever did.
    08-13-09 01:31 AM
    It did indeed work for me. If you go to the following website from your Blackberry 7200 series (mini.opera.com), then it will download to your phone and work faster than your blackberry browser ever did.
    08-13-09 01:48 AM
    If nothing else go to m.opera.com on your phone and it should work
    09-08-09 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD