I have BB 7100 and the latest OS i.e. 4.1.0.377. I can see that there is a Browser under Advance Option, but there is no icon for the browser on homescreen and I can not do simple browsing or web base Email. I am in India and my carrier is Idear cellular. Since i dont want dedicated Email, i have not taken the carrier's dat plan, however I ahve gprs enabled.

Can someone please guide how 2 do simple web browsing?
    05-09-09 10:15 PM
    You need the data plan if you want the browser. Tell them you want the data plan and pay the extra money a month and they will give you the browser. If by some chance you get a browser on your phone without the data plan you will probably be charged per minute or by KB.
    05-11-09 02:17 PM
    hi, I am form Bangladesh and my carrier is Aktel, I've BB7100t and my dat is charged per minute KB with gprs enabled.

(my APN=internet and user/pass is also correct!)
    I also did not see the browser. (I also have operamini but it says "Failed to connect to the internet.") Host Routing Table seems not working...
    I any Ideas!
    05-12-09 12:10 PM
    Try bb.anworm.com/Home/english
    05-21-09 11:00 PM
    OK I visited bb.anworm.com and got valuable information on the basis of which I could start the browser, but still can't actuly browse as when I try to contact any site the bb gives the msg that " the cuurently configured browser profile with CID of BrowserConfig does not have the associated protocol stck register with the broser. You must either cahnge to another browser config. or load supporting protocol stacks.""

Can somebody suggest what to do?

Pl. help
    06-07-09 01:24 AM
    Try going to options>advanced options>host routing table>menu>register now and see if that fixes it...
    06-07-09 01:27 AM
    Thanks Iceman, but no it did not fix.

I have tried this in past for several times. It only says the msg. is qued and will be sent once data coverage is avilable. But really nothing happens.

Can u suggest something new ?
    06-07-09 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD