hey i got a blackberry 7100t my sis gave it to me and i was working perfectly and then it started to get really slow and know every time i turn it on it shows the loading sand clock until the battery runs out i tried to install the os but the media manager wont recognize the bb please help im charging with my pc
    05-25-07 09:58 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com

Reloading the O.S. is the only answer. I suggest getting the old desktop manager. So...

1. Uninstall present Desktop Manager (DM)
    2. Find old 4.1 DM
    3. Install DM
    4. Find and install the O.S for 7100
    5. Connect the device to the pc
    6. Run DM7. Run application loader
    05-25-07 10:07 PM
    i tried it but when it wants to update it disconnects
    05-25-07 11:00 PM
    ThugLife, you have to be as specific as possible.

Are you saying you processed number 6, and then it disconnected? If yes, what version of Desktop Manager did you install, and what version of O.S?

Maybe an older version of Desktop Manager would be needed, possible any BEFORE 4.0...
    05-26-07 07:34 AM
    thank you for helping me

ihave desktop manager 4.1 and os version 4.1.0 i use the application loader and when it want to connect it says the device could not be found
    05-26-07 08:51 AM
    1. Go here from a pc: T-Mobile Upgrade
    2. Enter your phone number
    3. Select the 7100t
    4. Download Desktop Manager - 4.0.1.19
    5. Download Handheld software - 4.1.0.377
    6. Install the Desktop Manager
    7. Install the handheld software
    8. After installing the handheld software, it will ask you to run DM, and to connect the BlackBerry.
    9. If application loader does not automaticaly run, i.e. install the O.S on the device, double click on it...

This is T-Mobile's instructions to upgrade, it's here!I suggest you RIGHT CLICK on it, and select SAVE TARGET AS!?!
    Last edited by anon(153966); 05-26-07 at 01:47 PM.
    05-26-07 01:43 PM
    ive done all that but when use the aplication loader it wont find the BB

its shows the clock and abc in the top right
    05-26-07 02:04 PM
    Well, take the cover off the device, and look for a white sticker (small square). If it's not there, and it's RED, then that means the device has water damage, and could be part of the issue...

Am out of ideas , you might have to speak with your carrier, see if they can help...
    05-26-07 02:37 PM
    its pink but its been like that since i got it but thanks for the help
    05-26-07 02:39 PM
    Take a look at this thread where I mention JL_Cmder.
    05-26-07 03:29 PM
    im using it but will it reset to factory settings
    05-26-07 03:41 PM
    Well, that's that then! It's got water damage...

its pink but its been like that since i got it but thanks for the help
    05-26-07 04:02 PM
    no but its been pink and i could use it
    05-26-07 04:04 PM
    nvm i got it working thank you very much!!
    05-26-07 06:45 PM
    Glad you got it working... but tell us what you did to accomplish that so we know for next time.
    05-27-07 06:34 AM
    i used the JL Cmder and i wiped the blackberry it solved everything but i was wondering do you know what causes the hourglass to go on forever??
    05-27-07 11:46 AM
    Usually happens when it loses the Operating System.
    05-27-07 05:39 PM
    ...but i was wondering do you know what causes the hourglass to go on forever??
    Thats down to experience and its pretty fair to say BBs are very hard to break...Someone among us, we have come across pretty much most things...if we havent we just ask - as you did. But as Kasper said, let us know what you did to resolve it...

And remember to back up regularly..
    05-28-07 03:06 AM
    Well that was interesting. I guess I fall into the realm of BB Abuser. I am the phone guy repairman that is for a college district, I have certainly put my phone through a lot. Climbing in attics and working in the pouring rain, climbing into underground vaults, bang it, scraping it, and setting it near all kinds of high power and Stong RF generating devices. It is hard to believe this thing still works at all. For a long time my unit would go to the oldest end of the message logs and it would take forever for me to scroll back to the current time and date. My cure for that was to pull the battery out and then replace it forcing a reset. Then one day it started taking 20 or 30 minutes to get past the hourglass stage. What a pain that was. Of late I am starting to thing I may have encountered a problem that will force me to retire the poor thing. It now has taken to dialing numbers in the speed dial queu all by itself. 17 times over a 1.5 hour period. I would lock the screen and within a few minutes it would start dialing my coworkwers phone, just like magic. A couple of us stood around and watched this phenomena for a while the battery was pretty much dead after a couple of hours of this. This could be the end of this thing but I am asking everywhere I can for a fix for this. I really need this phone for work. Can anyone help? What is that JR commander thing you talked about?
    09-12-07 09:00 PM
    hello everyone, i go to the link of JL_Cmder but it said me invalid link, someone knows why this happend, the link of JL_Cmder dont work :s
    07-23-08 11:01 AM
    I was having the same problem. The hour glass would pop up, constantly, making bbmessaging difficult. I saw somewhere that its usually from outside software, so I deleted my recent applications. I mean, like 3-5 applications, restarting each time. And I went through the Applications manager within the phone itself. Since the hourglass problem began, I stopped receiving emails... later that night, all the emails I had missed started showing up again. So, 1) deleted applications (substantial amount), 2) restart each time, & 3) It may have be because of a memory problem. I hope this helps. I didn't want to have to take it to my mobile provider & I especially didn't want to clean off the entire phone. So just delete your apps.
    11-12-08 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD