I just installed Desktop Manager v4.3.0.15 on my PC. I have a 7100i nextel with v4.1.0.136 (platform 2.0.0.44).

The blackberry device/desktop manager shows it as connected. When I go to the Roxio media manager (launches from the desktop manager) it shows no device connected. I went into options->blackberry and it is blank.

what do i have to do to get this going?
    01-04-08 12:18 PM
    You can't use the Roxio Media software to transfer to a 7100i--1) not smart because you don't have room on that BB for media mp3s, etc., and 2) You must have OS v.4.2
    01-04-08 02:40 PM
    That answers my question, but by the same token, is there any way that the 7100i users can get any type of video or audio without waiting on another handheld software update from RIM??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-08 08:57 AM
    That answers my question, but by the same token, is there any way that the 7100i users can get any type of video or audio without waiting on another handheld software update from RIM??

Unfortunately, no. You would have to upgrade devices to use media functions. Even upgrading your handheld software won't work, you would need a whole new Blackberry.
    01-20-08 09:01 AM
    With that being said, is there any way that 7100I users can access video or mp3 files without an upgrade from RIM?? Is there a third party solution for this to give us the capabilities?? The only reason I keep the one I have is because we have Nextel communication software hooked up around my building at work and I keep a good signal. If I went to Sprint, I wouldn't be able to get any signal but in a select few areas.

01-20-08 09:05 AM
    I don't believe so, I use to have the 7130e and had to do a full device upgrade. Since the OS doesn't support media, I don't think there is a third party app that will do it for you. I am not a 100% sure on that one.

But check out what RIM intended your device to do: BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)

Update: Your device was release in 2005. I do not believe RIM will even do an update on your device any more. Just my thought.
    Last edited by orle8050; 01-20-08 at 09:14 AM.
    01-20-08 09:11 AM
    You're probably correct. It's a shame that you can't even get in touch with RIM to find out if they plan to do so. It's hard for me to give up the walkie talkie side being as a lot of people I know have them and I don't use my minutes much. I'll wait another year then decide what I'll do. Thanks.

01-20-08 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD