Hello ill try to make my story short.

On my first 7100i phone when i got my data plan back in march 2008 everything works great on it (except GPS).
    I have been on the phone with BlackBerry, TeleNav, you name it.
    They all pretty much said the same thing on how to reset it made me
    uninstall all the software, hard reset the phone, and came to conclusion
    that the internal GPS is bad, and said take it to Sprint Store and get a new one.

So I did that, and i got a new phone couple days ago, guess what same problem
    "location based services" cannot get gps fix
    "telenav" cant find satellites and says move to open area.
    "blackberry maps" cant find GPS

so im wondering if anyone out there might have had this issue and got it resolved.

Everything else on the Data plan works perfectly except GPS.

Let me know if i have missed any information
    06-03-08 05:24 PM
    I am having the same problem.
    Can't get anything to work with the GPS.
    07-07-08 10:38 AM
    I will say this

I have been in talks with BB since March and recently they have sent out 3 Phones out to me and i got my SimCard replaced, and that did not solve the problem.

Every time i call BB Support they have to run me thru the same troubleshooting steps, as they have done since march same thign over and over again. Even when i tell them we have gone thru the steps with the previous 48 Techs that i have spoke too.

They have no clue on whats going on with my phone. All they can tell me is upgrade to new phone or change to sprint.
    I personally don't like the trackballs that the new phones have so im sticking to the track wheel.
    07-07-08 10:44 AM
    I have the same problem. I have had my 7100i for 2 months and only got GPS to give me 1 location fix.
    09-08-08 07:24 AM
    ya so i went out of town last weekend and i tried the GPS and it works.
    Within my city and also where i work i dont get a GPS fix or TeleNav dont work.

I have spoken to the Cust. Service people, & they said
    there is no problem in your area. Which is BS.
    09-08-08 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD