Howdy!
    Let me just say how helpful this site has been for a first-time BB user. I just recently got a 7250 and have been pleased with everything except one thing, I can't send an SMS message. The option simply isn't there. I can receive them just fine, but I can't even reply to messages I have received.
    I have seen similar problems posted on later model Blackberrys, I was wondering if someone has figured this out / what the resolution was.

I have a data and texting plan.. I should be able to do this. I called my carrier but they can't seem to figure out exactly what the problem is. If anyone else has encountered or solved this problem before, I'd love to know so I can tell my carrier what they need to do!
    08-08-08 10:51 AM
    I had a BlackBerry 8700c that did the same thing and I called AT&T and T-Mobile and neither one could do anything about it. I couldn't find any way to fix it or anyone that had similar issues. I tried reinstalling the OS several times and there was nothing I could do about it. It's quite a sad thing, to tell you the truth.
    08-08-08 11:02 AM
    Have you tried to resend your service books? Try that then do a battery pull and hopefully this will fix both of your problems.
    08-08-08 11:04 AM
    Thanks, they are resetting my message service so hopefully that will help. If I get a solution I'll be sure to post back.
    08-08-08 11:21 AM
    UPDATE:

After trying pretty much everything with the carrier, their best guess is that the option was completely disabled on the device (and subsequently un-retrievable). Has anyone heard of this happening before (for other features as well perhaps?)
    08-08-08 06:36 PM
    I am having the same problem, AT&T support suggested doing a master reset. I am going to try this weekend along with various other ideas I have got floating around in the ol' noggin. If I have any luck I will post what worked.
    08-08-08 07:00 PM
    FINAL UPDATE:

OK, I appear to have solved this one. My lack of Blackberry knowledge seems to have done me in but I have recovered. Little did I know that my Blackberry came with an overly restrictive IT policy. Once I removed it, I have no problems whatsover sending PIN and SMS messages.

People who want to know how to do this should just search the forum for 'remove IT policy' (I would link it but I can't)
    Worked first time for me, didn't even have to wipe the handheld (although you might want to anyway)

I should probably mention the usual disclaimer that comes with this:
    This is only intended for Blackberrys purchased through ebay etc. no longer on their original BES.
    08-09-08 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD