Hello again.

I am trying to upload pics to my bb, when the roxio media manger loads, it doesnt recognize my BB, but the desktop manager does.

Any thoughts?

(7100i)
    08-09-08 09:57 PM
    Out of curiosity, when you hook your phone to the PC, does it recognize it as another drive? If so, drag & drop instead of using Roxio.

Just a suggestion. I rarely use Roxio.
    08-09-08 10:00 PM
    Out of curiosity, when you hook your phone to the PC, does it recognize it as another drive? If so, drag & drop instead of using Roxio.

Just a suggestion. I rarely use Roxio.
    No it doesnt recognize it as a removable device or anything like that.
    08-09-08 10:13 PM
    Alan, does Ur device have an option to enable mass storage mode? If so, turn it on. Once U do that Ur PC will see the drive & then U can drag & drop. Sorry I don't have any specific Roxio answers to help U out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-08 10:43 PM
    Alan, does Ur device have an option to enable mass storage mode? If so, turn it on. Once U do that Ur PC will see the drive & then U can drag & drop. Sorry I don't have any specific Roxio answers to help U out.

I am not sure. I will look through it, but I dont know.
    08-09-08 10:50 PM
    I don't think the 7100 has mass media storage because it has no slot for an sd card someone correct me if I'm wrong

08-09-08 10:51 PM
    I don't think the 7100 has mass media storage because it has no slot for an sd card someone correct me if I'm wrong

That is correct. No SD slot.
    08-09-08 10:52 PM
    Where did you download dm from ?

08-09-08 10:56 PM

Thanks BB. I didnt know that. I'm really not familiar with the older models since the Pearl was my introduction and now I'm using a Curve.
    08-09-08 11:06 PM
    Where did you download dm from ?

I downloaded DM4.5 from blackberry.com.

Is 4.5 too new?
    08-09-08 11:15 PM
    It shouldn't be maybe uninstall then reinstall it

08-09-08 11:17 PM
    Thanks BB. I didnt know that. I'm really not familiar with the older models since the Pearl was my introduction and now I'm using a Curve.
    Anytime

08-09-08 11:18 PM
    Anytime ; )

08-09-08 11:19 PM
    Ok just finished de and reinstalling it. Still nothing.
    08-09-08 11:57 PM
    Sounds like my past weekend with a recently bought 7130e / Sprint BB.

I tried using the newest Desktop Manager software & couldn't get Roxio to see it either. After a few hours hunting on blackberry.com, I found that the 7130i's recommended software was found by going through: Support & Service -> Downloads -> Access your service provider download site -> Click on your provider to get the softwares & most recent OS updates for your phone (Nextel Communications Inc shows a 7100i & lists Desktop Software v4.1 as the newest available).

Once I grabbed the most recent OS, installed it to the BB, then installed the newest Desktop Software form that list, my BB was found by both apps.

Good luck!

Chad
    08-12-08 01:59 PM
    I just downloaded the Desktop Manager 4.6. I thought Roxio was locking up, and it didn't recognize my device. For the heck of it, I sat and waited. It took 3-4 minutes to recognize my BB. Anything I did using Roxio was sloooowwww.
    08-24-08 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD