iam a newbee and iam not sure what i can doo..and if i download it from the computer how can i add it...to my phone..
    08-02-07 12:15 PM
    I'm not even sure that device can support .mp3's!
    08-02-07 12:30 PM
    I just bought hte 7100i 2 days ago i believe it only plays midi ringtones.... i wish i knew that before i bought it but its the only bb nextel has now
    08-27-07 10:27 PM
    Dphantom is right, only midis are supported on the 7100....

Cheerz

DaCraneMan,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-07 10:26 AM
    Ive been searching for days and finally figured out how to put ringtones on my 7100i nextel phone. Actually i found three ways. Which are all listed below.

1. If you have a data plan just go to mobile41 and they have a pretty large selection of tones. The 7100i will play midi as well as wav (which actually sound pretty good) and this site is absolutely free they also have a couple of 100 themes and wall papers. You have to go to the site on your phone for ringtones and on your desktop for themes and wallpapers

2. google and download the free program call phonepix caller id. This program is wonderful it allows you to install and play ringtones as well as picture caller id. you have to install the program on your desktop as well and it transfers all the pics and ringtones via usb cable.

3. download a ringtone creator such as mp3 to ringtone gold (which i used) than with this program you can take any mp3 (or any format for that matter) and convert it to wav. and than upload that saved wav. with a free upload site such as coolservice.dk and check your text they send you and enter in the code they gave you and waaalaaa your in business. This is actually my favorite method because ive actually uploaded tones as large as 2 minutes and they work fine as ringtones.

For the record ive tried all three methods numerous times and they work 100%. I actually searched forums for a whole day to figure this out. So i really hopes this helps somebody out.

Sorry guys I had all the links on here but was unaware of the minimum of 10 posts to insert urls if any questions please contact for links but theyre all pretty simple to find using google (same way i found them)
    09-08-07 02:35 AM
    Right now i have a scarface theme and a 59 sec say hello to my little friend quote that i created myself as listed above on my 7100i
    09-08-07 02:38 AM
    Right now i have a scarface theme and a 59 sec say hello to my little friend quote that i created myself as listed above on my 7100i
    ohhh please share ur scareface theme!! lol
    12-21-07 08:57 PM
    Sounds pretty cool. On my 7130e I just emailed the ringtone from the ringtones section. It gives you a link in your bb email to visit to download the file.

Good luck.

12-24-07 12:10 PM
    My 7100's cannot play music at all.
    12-25-07 09:07 AM
    what do you use to convert the mp3 ringtone to a wav file for the 7100i? i just got my phone and am also looking for some good useful applications to download to my nextel blackberry.
    02-04-08 01:22 PM
    There are plenty of apps out there that can convert MP3 files to WAV files one good free one is Format Factory it even does movies , audio files, and Picture files.... Google it. I think u can download it at Brothersoft. I do have a link, but being new here im not sure if im allowed to post links or not so im just being safe,lol.

But anyway it will work 4 u and as i said best of all, ITS FREE. And I dont know if u fileshare, But I use utorrent and get alot of apps that way and alot of good info about what i can and cant do with my 7100i...

Goodluck!
    Odin14~

Last edited by odin14; 01-18-10 at 01:24 PM.
    01-18-10 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD