I have the 7105t (t mobile) model, and my scroll wheel click function has broken, leaving me with no access to the menu(To send a sms, send an email, edit any settings, and play brick breaker!). I have looked to other places, and found a way of fixing it by replacing a part in the scroll wheel mechanism. I currently do not have any replacement parts to work with, but came up with an idea to fix my BB, and not have to exchange parts, but don't know if it is possible. On this model, there is a web browser key in between the call and end keys, that is not used very often by me. i was wondering if there was any way to set the web browser key to the menu key(change the key's functions) so when i click the browser key, the menu comes up.

Any help would be very much appreciated
    02-25-09 09:20 PM
    I'm new to Blackberrys but going the DIY route is probably a cost effective way to repair your 7105t. You could try to locate just that part via web search or you could look for a parts phone from ebay. From what I'd seen on ebay you can probably get one for as low as $20 plus shipping.
    05-04-09 06:15 PM
    No worries! same thing happened to my curve. at first i was pretty nervous but then discovered there's an alternate way to do EVERYTHING rather than using the trackball. the "enter" key is the most common alternate key. for many other things, like replying to texts, there are shortkey alternates such as typing "r" to reply. and, even for things like brick breaker, you can even shoot your guns and lasers using the space key

hope i was of some assistance!
    06-05-09 01:23 PM
    I have an old 7105t I had on T-mobile...I can sell you for $20 plus shipping...It all still works fine the case is banged up and the clear part in front of the screen is cracked..The screen is fine...it would be great for parts or swap the cases and put your sim in it...send me a private message if you want it...
    06-06-09 07:03 PM
    No worries! same thing happened to my curve. at first i was pretty nervous but then discovered there's an alternate way to do EVERYTHING rather than using the trackball. the "enter" key is the most common alternate key. for many other things, like replying to texts, there are shortkey alternates such as typing "r" to reply. and, even for things like brick breaker, you can even shoot your guns and lasers using the space key

hope i was of some assistance!
    do you by chance, know how to SEND the text without the use of the wheel?
    06-28-09 12:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD