looking for some must have apps that will work with boost.can someone send me a list...also what newer model blackberry phones would work with boost mobile..i have the unlimited plan..Thanks as this is my first post....
    04-28-09 08:57 AM
    i just picked up a 7100i and did not no i would not be able to get in to e-mail, im or text! if some people can help out it would be sweet! i found today you can download Opera Mini 3 and get online but i can not download anything it kicks me off Opera and trys to run the blackberry browser! HELP PLEASE!
    05-01-09 11:59 PM
    To Buddha,... please be more specific as the apps are meant to work with the phone and not the carrier. The only reason that the email and SMS do NOT work with the Blackberry on Boost is that Boost does NOT have a blackberry service package, so we can not get service books for the blackberry specific apps. No service books... No email & SMS.

For NikBoby... I have a workaround for the email. Download an application called LOGIC MAIL. Download it to your PC, and install it to the phone via the Blackberry Desktop Manager. This will solve your email problem. I'm still working on an app for SMS.
    05-04-09 09:26 AM
    i have a blackberry 8330 i use for my internet however i have a 7100 i use on boost i was told boost doesnot support blackberry service . i just want the internet and sms to work thats all im asking i can careless about the email
    05-06-09 01:49 PM
    i just picked up a 7100i and did not no i would not be able to get in to e-mail, im or text! if some people can help out it would be sweet! i found today you can download Opera Mini 3 and get online but i can not download anything it kicks me off Opera and trys to run the blackberry browser! HELP PLEASE!

This info posted in another thread should help you(It got me up and running with OTA Downloads and Google apps:

This backup contains both the NOL browser service books from SprintUsers and Anworm's WiFi browser service books. Even though the 7100i isn't WiFi capable, the BlackBerry WiFi browser works with it on Boost.

The full process is:

1. Download the service books for the WAP and WiFi browsers from here:
    Remove spaces ( no mature enough to post links yet )
    http: // wapreview.com /download / WiFiAndNOPBrowsers . ipd

2. Go into Options>Advanced Options>Applications>Browser and delete it, then restart your 7100i.

3. Plug in your usb cable and open Desktop Manager and install the service books you downloaded using "Backup and Restore" > "Restore".

4. After installing the service books click on Application Loader and check the empty boxes next to Browser, JavaScript Package and Help to reinstall them

When you are done you will have two new icons; "NOL" and "Hotspot Browser". They both seem to open the same browser so you can hide one of them if you want.

The first time you run the browser, open the link in the default bookmarks labeled "Wi-Fi Hotspot Login" by highlighting it, pressing the trackball and choosing "Get Link". A page reading "Your BlackBerrry device is now connected to the Internet" should load. You only have to do this once.

Although the Hotspot browser can open most sites, I still use Opera Mini as my primary browser because it's much faster. When you click a link to download a game or application in Opera Mini, it will open in the Hotspot browser and install the app.

Another thing you can do with this browser that doesn't work in Opera Mini is open the Boost top up page at myaccount .boostmobile .com/s...tion =boostLogin to check your balance and expiration date and add refill PINs.

I've only tested this on the 7100i, I suspect it will also work on the 6510, 7510 and 7520 but I don't have any of the those devices to try it on.
    05-17-09 12:55 AM
    Thanks dude. I have been looking for this info / file for the last 2 weeks. Great job. They should sticky this because this could save a lot of people a lot of looking.
    05-17-09 09:06 PM
    i Need help i just purchased a 7100i and i can not get nothing to work on it i have the boost unlimited and the phone is unlocked i can make outgoing and incoming phone calls and use the walkie talkie but nothing else someone please help
    05-23-09 10:20 PM
    HI there and thanks for the Info. I too have a 7100i and i followed what yous aid, and was able to restore the service book, but when I go to App loader.. Browser and stuff is already checked, and when I run it it does ntohing.. No service books ar eshowing on my phone nor any browsers... Should I delete the Browser on my phone and then reinstall it??? PLEASE HELP.. i was so exited!
    05-31-09 03:06 PM
    how do u make A blackberry a boostberryy??
    06-08-09 12:43 AM
    This info posted in another thread should help you(It got me up and running with OTA Downloads and Google apps:

This backup contains both the NOL browser service books from SprintUsers and Anworm's WiFi browser service books. Even though the 7100i isn't WiFi capable, the BlackBerry WiFi browser works with it on Boost.

The full process is:

1. Download the service books for the WAP and WiFi browsers from here:
    Remove spaces ( no mature enough to post links yet )
    http: // wapreview.com /download / WiFiAndNOPBrowsers . ipd

2. Go into Options>Advanced Options>Applications>Browser and delete it, then restart your 7100i.

3. Plug in your usb cable and open Desktop Manager and install the service books you downloaded using "Backup and Restore" > "Restore".

4. After installing the service books click on Application Loader and check the empty boxes next to Browser, JavaScript Package and Help to reinstall them

When you are done you will have two new icons; "NOL" and "Hotspot Browser". They both seem to open the same browser so you can hide one of them if you want.

The first time you run the browser, open the link in the default bookmarks labeled "Wi-Fi Hotspot Login" by highlighting it, pressing the trackball and choosing "Get Link". A page reading "Your BlackBerrry device is now connected to the Internet" should load. You only have to do this once.

Although the Hotspot browser can open most sites, I still use Opera Mini as my primary browser because it's much faster. When you click a link to download a game or application in Opera Mini, it will open in the Hotspot browser and install the app.

Another thing you can do with this browser that doesn't work in Opera Mini is open the Boost top up page at myaccount .boostmobile .com/s...tion =boostLogin to check your balance and expiration date and add refill PINs.

I've only tested this on the 7100i, I suspect it will also work on the 6510, 7510 and 7520 but I don't have any of the those devices to try it on.
    I have the 7100i and this does not work. It does not give me an option ANYWHERE to tick the browser the java and the help files.
    if you have an idea of how this is done please email me gene dot wheeler at cox dot net
    thank you in advance,

Gene
    07-17-09 03:26 AM
    thanks for posting all this i should have my 7100i on tue and will be doing the install ill let you know how it goes
    09-06-09 10:44 AM
    thanks for posting all this i should have my 7100i on tue and will be doing the install ill let you know how it goes
    That info is the old stuff. There is a new service book out that allows you to use the native BB browser (for OTA downloads) and allows you to text.

Check the info and follow the procedure in the top sticky link in the Boost section of Howardforums.com "How to...everything you need to get the native browser and MMS working"
    09-10-09 01:59 PM
    thanks very big help
    09-10-09 04:58 PM
    haha, nice to see you on crackberry george.

and to all having troubles, this is the link here:
    HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - BoostBerry How-To...everything you need to get the native browser and MMS working
    Last edited by sinsazsun; 09-11-09 at 02:53 PM.
    09-11-09 02:45 PM
    I had no idea Boost had BB capabilities, seeing they don't have any listed for sale... hmmm.... *keeps thread in browser favs* My neighbor always wondered about this - he has Boost too.
    09-12-09 08:07 PM
    Does anyone know how to get the gmail app working on the 7100i? I see it in my service books but nothing on the home screen.
    Last edited by booberry34; 09-13-09 at 07:49 AM.
    09-13-09 07:43 AM
    you actually DL the gmail app, then it should be on your desktop of the phone
    12-12-09 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD