Okay, so after perusing this forum, I decided to buy myself a 7100i to use with Boost. The game plan was to install Opera mini and then use gmail for txting. Got the phone, stuck the sim in, and it makes calls...yay! Then I attempted to download the Opera browser....wait a minute! There's no Browser or Web icon on my Boost phone! np, i thought, I'll download it via the java app tip somebody gave in this very forum. Well huh, don'tcha know, when I go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications....there's no java options there at all. So where the heck do I access the Opera install software I sent to my phone? Okay, I think, I'll just use the Desktop Manager to make my life easy! So I go, and I install it on my mac, happily plug in my new phone, and am greeted with "The connected Blackberry device is not supported by Blackberry Desktop Manager".....@#*(#@&(@!!!!!!!!!! All I want is for my chunky silver friend to let me browse and maybe send some txts....what am I doing wrong??? Am I really such a dunce that I can't figure this out?? I AM blonde, after all....

Maybe someone can use very small words and walk me through the process in an *****-proof way that will allow me to install Opera? The instructions in other threads either seem to require the ability to get on the web already (ie, have a native BB browser already installed, which I don't seem to) or they seem to suggest that everybody else's Desktop Manager likes them better than mine does.

HELP!!
    03-22-10 09:04 PM
    did you get a data plan with boost?
    i know nothing of their service
    03-23-10 02:00 PM
    no, I didn't subscribe to their Blackberry plan, but their basic unlimited plan includes data. People have used the 7100i long before the blackberry for boost was introduced, so I don't think that's my issue. Though, if someone can tell me, if I subscribe to the blackberry data plan with my 7100i, would that allow me to text and use email without all the workarounds people used before the Blackberry plan? If so, it might just be worth paying the extra $10/mo to avoid the frustration...
    03-23-10 02:53 PM
    no, I didn't subscribe to their Blackberry plan, but their basic unlimited plan includes data. People have used the 7100i long before the blackberry for boost was introduced, so I don't think that's my issue. Though, if someone can tell me, if I subscribe to the blackberry data plan with my 7100i, would that allow me to text and use email without all the workarounds people used before the Blackberry plan? If so, it might just be worth paying the extra $10/mo to avoid the frustration...
    You need the data plan to get started, if it had wifi you could have used that but even for for a month get the data plan. That will give you the browser and then you can download the opera one and gmail app(not 100% sure if this one will work).
    Is the data plan that expensive though? Any blackberry is kinds crippled without it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-11 05:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD