I just got my first Blackberry 2 days ago (7100i on the Telus network), and I do have to admit, I am having quite a bit of trouble with the thing.

Not so pleased I had to upgrade my internet package just so I could use text messaging...thats pretty expensive texting if you ask me.

Yesterday it wouldn't ring (for some reason, it doesn't like the "loud" setting)

Last night, I tried to set the alarm on it. Good thing I had a backup becuase it never went off. I figured it might be an error on my part, so I set it ahead for 5 minutes, and it still wont work. The little alarm icon is in the top corner, so it says it is on...it just wont go off. Any ideas?
    08-10-08 08:59 AM
    Make sure that the time settings are correct (Time Zone & Network Time).

If they are, remove the battery and replace it after 30 seconds. After the device boots up, give it a test.

The OS alarm is only capable of one alarm setting, and some users utilize 3rd party alarm apps. BBSmart Alarm is a nice one.

Software Review: BBSmart Alarms Pro v1.0 | CrackBerry.com
    08-10-08 09:48 AM
    Check your profile in the LOUD settings. Sounds like it is not setup correctly.

profiles, advanced, highlight advanced& hit enter. See what the setting is for phone.

Hope this helps
    08-10-08 10:04 AM
    Also check the sound settings because the same thing happened to me and I found that all my sound settings were on mute.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 10:15 AM
    @MsT2U : they were on mute :S silly me!

If I had paid attention, I would have noticed that the alarm was not set for weekends! And it being Sunday, well....enough said, I do believe! I fixed that and now it works!

Thank you so much for the help and suggestions!
    08-10-08 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD