Hi all
    I have 7130g locked to the O2 Ireland network. I have the unlock code for it. I have followed the instructions. I have 2 sets of instructions. I have not been successful in unlocking the 7130g.
    The first set of instructions I got:
    7100 / 7130
    To Unlock:
    1. On the Home screen, click the Tools icon. The Options screen appears.
    2. In the tools screen, select the Settings icon.
    3. Scroll to SIM Card and select it. You should see the phone number and the SIM ID number.
    4.Type ‘mepp2' to display the dialog box asking for the unlock code(Press the Alt + 2 key to get the number 2) ( you will not see textappear on screen while typing )
    5. Input the SIM Unlock code
    6. Press in the jog dial once

The second set:
    1 Insert SIM into device
    2 Power phone on and Turn off the radio (Turn Wireless Off option) VERY IMPORTANT.
    3 Select "Options" then select ADVANCED OPTIONS
    4 Scroll down and select "SIM Card"
    5 Type MEPPD to display the first five levels of SIM locking.(you will not see the word appear on screen while typing)
    6 Hold ALT key and press MEPP2
    7 It will say "Enter Network MEP Code", then you type in the SIM Unlock code (it will be 16 or 8 digits long)
    8 Press enter ( phone will says CODE ACCEPTED )
    9 Reboot device. Device is now unlocked

I follow the instructions when I get to the mepp2 or MEPPD part this is where I am having trouble. I am not getting any option after I type it in. Can somebody/anybody help me here. All i want is to unlock and use the 7130g.

Thanks in Advance David
    03-28-09 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD