Hi;

I'm new here and need some advice. The company I work for has been on me to get a PDA so I can get email and such. I have looked around and am confused and the sales clearks are no help.

I'm thinking about getting a 7130e. What all do I need in a service package? I want to get email, maybe surf the web, and is it worth it to be able to hook my laptop to the BB and use it as a modem?

All these things cost money with Verizon and I don't know how good these services are.

Any help and / or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    05-27-07 09:25 AM
    Once I saw your comment about, "Your comapny..." I could hardly read further. Should they not be paying for, and getting the BlackBerry for you?

I think you need to go into the shop, and 'play' with various devices, including the 8700. Also, since the Curve is due out shortly, you might want to wait, thus giving you more choice overall...

You have to decide do you want a 'Sure Type' keyboard (two letters per key) or do you want full QWERTY (1 letter per key).
    05-27-07 10:46 AM
    Are you required to go with Verizon? I've found that cingular/ATT's data plans are more fairly priced (verizon is expensive) and the hardware is also better (read: more current.)

You really want an unlimited data plan if one is available, and if you need to recieve corporate email you will have to subscribe to the BES instead of the less expensive BIS.
    05-27-07 03:36 PM
    Let's back up and answer Nav's question first. Who is paying for the device and service?
    05-27-07 05:38 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

Yes, the company is paying but we are a smaller company and I work from either home or mostly on the road and the company lets us buy what we want, within reason, and expense it. I've been just using my laptop from hotels and airports and they can reach me via cell but they want those of us not in the office to be better connected. Thus my question.

As far as verizon, that's who my current cell phone is with and I've never had a reason to switch, so far.
    05-28-07 05:38 AM
    Well, looks like the 8830, is it...
    05-28-07 12:32 PM
    Out of the three main BlackBerrys that Verizon offers, any of them would be a good choice for you, but I think the 8830 would be the best choice. It gives you the most options, and the monthly fee is the same as the others.
    05-28-07 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD