One of the basic reasons I got a blackberry was for the internet browser. I figured that T-zones (T-mobile is my carrier) would work, and it costs only $5. However, I realized that ever though I have t-zones, there's no browser icon on my 7105t. It keeps showing the "data connection refused" thing at the top, and with Opera mini, I don't have access. I figured that I needed a blackberry-specific plan with Internet access. Then, I saw that they were $20. The thing is, I'm not really willing to pay $240 a year to get internet access on this blackberry when I can get it for $5 a month on some other phone. Is there any solution to this?

I found something in a search that told me to change my BB settings to this:
    T-Mobile (US)

APN: wap.voicestream.com

Username for APN: (blank)

Password for APN: (blank)

WAP Gateway IP: 216.155.165.50

WAP Gateway Port: 9201

However, when I go into the TCP settings, there is only a place for
    APN:
    Username for APN:
    Password for APN:

There are no spaces for WAP Gateway Port and WAP Gateway IP

Help?
    Thank you.
    05-09-08 09:56 PM
    Your browser is just not gonna work without the BIS plan. reality is, T-Mobile's BIS unlimited for $20/month is the best deal of all of the carriers and it includes unlimited browsing, txt msg, and emails up to 10 accounts.

I had a a phone with a T-zones browser before @ $5/month and the experience just doesn't compare to the ease of using a BB. The BB browser on the 7100 series leaves a lot to be desired but still better than what you had IMO.

I guess it's a matter of how much you value the capability.
    05-11-08 05:51 AM
    Sorry you are not getting many responses!!

I wanted to say Welcome to CrackBerry!!

I used to have the 7100t for TMobile and I would recommend making sure you have the most recent OS upgrade for the device. Also, I would consider a BB data plan from TMobile. The addon will cost you $20/month as doktrgroove stated above... but it will open up some nice functionality on your smart phone.

As for unlimited texting with the data plan, that is false. Texting is seperate from data Sorry

And I hope you are loving the Berry! Sorry the support and help from the community for these older devices is scarce, but one day you may have a nice shiny Curve, Bold, Javelin, world phone, or what-have-you
    06-17-08 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD