Ive been searching for days and finally figured out how to put ringtones on my 7100i nextel phone. Actually i found three ways. Which are all listed below.

1. If you have a data plan just go to mobile41 and they have a pretty large selection of tones. The 7100i will play midi as well as wav (which actually sound pretty good) and this site is absolutely free they also have a couple of 100 themes and wall papers. You have to go to the site on your phone for ringtones and on your desktop for themes and wallpapers

2. google and download the free program call phonepix caller id. This program is wonderful it allows you to install and play ringtones as well as picture caller id. you have to install the program on your desktop as well and it transfers all the pics and ringtones via usb cable.

3. download a ringtone creator such as mp3 to ringtone gold (which i used) than with this program you can take any mp3 (or any format for that matter) and convert it to wav. and than upload that saved wav. with a free upload site such as coolservice.dk and check your text they send you and enter in the code they gave you and waaalaaa your in business. This is actually my favorite method because ive actually uploaded tones as large as 2 minutes and they work fine as ringtones.

For the record ive tried all three methods numerous times and they work 100%. I actually searched forums for a whole day to figure this out. So i really hopes this helps somebody out.

Sorry guys I had all the links on here but was unaware of the minimum of 10 posts to insert urls if any questions please contact for links but theyre all pretty simple to find using google (same way i found them)

Right now i have a scarface theme and a 59 sec say hello to my little friend quote that i created myself as listed above on my 7100i
    09-08-07 02:59 AM
    Thanks for the info-
    09-09-07 10:17 AM
    Photo pic keeps asking me to "run usb Import from device" still can't find that on my blackberry to get this program to transfer the file.
    09-11-07 09:23 PM
    Photo pic keeps asking me to "run usb Import from device" still can't find that on my blackberry to get this program to transfer the file.

im getting the same thing any ideas?
    09-14-07 05:45 PM
    im getting the same thing any ideas?
    Hey guys.

I emailed their tech support and they emailed me back. So to resolve the "run usb import from device" thing, you'd do the following:

To find "Import":
    Please open PhonePix on your BlackBerry.
    Select "Images" or "Ringtones" from the menu.

I've got a 7100i and it worked for me. now the issue for me is that when i imported the wav onto my phone, it won't play. I have also emailed them about it maybe an hour ago so hopefully i will receive a message back from them.
    09-18-07 10:06 PM
    hi guys
    new to blackberry, just ordered a i7100
    can't wait to get it, any advise on the phone
    thanks cheryl
    12-29-07 08:21 PM
    anyone know how to download ringtones on this phone
    i need help please
    thanks
    cheryl
    12-31-07 04:35 PM
    Tommegunns-
    Are the ring tones LOUD?? It seems that any site that I find especially the ringtone megaplex, all of the ringtones are low. Yes, I do have all my settings set for loud. If you run into major LOUD tones for the 7100I, drop us a line to let us know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-08 09:54 AM
    Coa097-
    The only advice that I have is that you just have to play with it when you get it. First thing is to keep your battery charged at all times. If you're a borderline geek head to a degree, it won't be hard to figure out how to add your existing email accounts from the website to come to your blackberry. (2, don't cut any corners on your plan. Make sure you get the unlimited data plan. If not, you will end up with a 500 dollar bill like I did the first time. Ten extra bucks a month won't hurt you and you will stay with the same payment every month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-08 10:04 AM
    I keep getting an error when I try and down load the ring tone stuff can anyone walk me through this thing I am getting frustrated.
    01-20-08 11:32 AM
    Hey guys.

I emailed their tech support and they emailed me back. So to resolve the "run usb import from device" thing, you'd do the following:

To find "Import":
    Please open PhonePix on your BlackBerry.
    Select "Images" or "Ringtones" from the menu.

I've got a 7100i and it worked for me. now the issue for me is that when i imported the wav onto my phone, it won't play. I have also emailed them about it maybe an hour ago so hopefully i will receive a message back from them.
    Hi there...

How do you get PhonePix onto the Blackberry because I am having troubles?

Thanks in advance.
    01-29-08 11:17 PM
    Hey Guys

I may be late but you have to load the .alx file that came with the phone pix download to the bb application loader and it will send it to the phone. Once the phone reboots you will see the phone pixs application on your bb. On the desk top add the images you would like to use as caller id to the picture folder in phone pics then transfer images to your bb device.
    08-12-09 12:01 PM
    Thanks for the info-
    10-13-09 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD