I just purchased this used blackberry 7100i on ebay. Everything seems to work fine, but I cannot find a browser. Could someone give me some guidance or tell me how I can download one if needed. I was advised by Nextel services that I have full web access. I just can't figure this out! Thanks!!
    08-08-08 05:16 PM
    Do you have a data plan?
    08-08-08 05:20 PM
    You will receive a browser icon and an email settings icon when your blackberry data plan has been activated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-08 05:26 PM
    Try pressing the Alt button & click the scroll wheel at the same time to check if any icons are hidden. You can choose "Show All" to see if it is still there & then unhide it if it is by selecting that icon & pressing the same buttons.

You may also want to download the latest OS & Desktop Manager. After getting my eBay BB, it was missing some of the apps until a freshly loaded OS reset it all. Be prepared to lose 3rd party apps if you try a clean load.

Good luck!

Chad
    Last edited by chudleyone; 08-12-08 at 02:25 PM.
    08-12-08 02:22 PM
    Hi, Where can I find the information to download the lastest OS? In addition I have read many posts on Desktop Manager but I cannot find any information on what this is or where to find it.

Can you please help?

Thanks.

Try pressing the Alt button & click the scroll wheel at the same time to check if any icons are hidden. You can choose "Show All" to see if it is still there & then unhide it if it is by selecting that icon & pressing the same buttons.

You may also want to download the latest OS & Desktop Manager. After getting my eBay BB, it was missing some of the apps until a freshly loaded OS reset it all. Be prepared to lose 3rd party apps if you try a clean load.

Good luck!

Chad
    08-13-08 12:04 AM
    Hi, Where can I find the information to download the lastest OS? In addition I have read many posts on Desktop Manager but I cannot find any information on what this is or where to find it.

Can you please help?

Thanks.
    Correct OS & Desktop Software can be found on blackberry.com. I found that the BB's recommended software was found by going through: Support & Service -> Downloads -> Access your service provider download site -> Click on your provider to get the softwares & most recent OS updates for your BB

EDIT: It looks like T-Mobile has you go back to their site for update info. Here is how to know if you need an OS update on the 7105t:

If your BlackBerry is a 7105t you can see if the device needs a software update to optimize its use in a few simple steps.

From the home screen select the "Tools" icon.
    From the tools screen select the "Settings" icon.
    Scroll to the top of the screen and select "About" from the menu.
    Look at the third line of text on the screen and look for number following the v. This indicates your current software version. If the number is anything other than 4.1.0.377 then it is highly recommended that you download the upgrade.

Their download process is a little different than some of the other carriers. It looks like you get to enter you telephone number to get to the downloads.
    Last edited by chudleyone; 08-13-08 at 10:08 AM.
    08-13-08 09:52 AM
    I reloaded the OS and i still don't have the browser and i can't send a text message. I also called nextel and updated my plan today. Please help!

Good luck!

Chad
    08-13-08 10:38 PM
    I've given any tips that worked for me in the 6 days I've had my bb.

Sprint takes up to one business day for data activation so you may be waiting until tomorrow for service which may be the trigger for your browser per the other replies listed.
    08-14-08 07:47 PM
    One more thing I've run into since activating data on mine yesterday - Sprint doesn't unlock the browser with the cheaper data plan (at least according to the BB tech I spoke with this morning). After following the help page from them about a missing BB browser, I made the quick phone call confirming they want to sell me the $30 plan instead of just letting me use the $15 unlimited data. The BB tech also advised me I couldn't use a 3rd party browser to hit the internet but after a download & appload, Opera Mini has me connected.

So long story short - if you can't get your BB browser & the service people can't seem to help find it, try finding another browser.

Chad
    08-24-08 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD