Hello,

I have a 7100i on boost mobil with a activated boost mobile sim from one of the boost phones. It works fine for a day or so but then can not conect when making a call from contact list or manual dialing. when I make a call it just rings without any pickup. I tried to update the imei on boost on line and it will not take a imei unless it starts with 001. Ame I doing something wrong.
    Fred
    05-09-09 12:58 PM
    Hello,

I have a 7100i on boost mobil with a activated boost mobile sim from one of the boost phones. It works fine for a day or so but then can not conect when making a call from contact list or manual dialing. when I make a call it just rings without any pickup. I tried to update the imei on boost on line and it will not take a imei unless it starts with 001. Ame I doing something wrong.
    Fred
    To Fix dialing from your contact list:

Step 1
    go into your call log
    Step 2
    press the scroll in to bring up the menu
    Step 3
    go to the options
    Step 4
    while in phone options scroll to smart dialing
    Step 5
    change the country code to unknown
    Step 6
    save and try dialing from your phone book

Manual dialing should still work with the 10 digit format (XX) XXX-XXXX. Hope this helps.

Also, no need to update the imei #.
    Use your Boost Phone imei number. With sim card in Boost phone, not your 7100i, and update in boost , follow the master reset directions. the replace the sim from your boost handset into your 7100i. Not necessary to change imei, you should be off and running. Good Luck!
    Last edited by Vapowells; 05-17-09 at 01:03 AM.
    05-17-09 12:51 AM
    Actually, I was successful in registering my Blackberry with Boost. It worked and even shows up on my account page as being a 7100i. Perhaps this is a sign that Boost is going to start allowing BlackBerries and offering BlackBerry service??
    05-17-09 10:44 PM
    I am getting "IMEI entered is invalid"
    Is there something special that you did?
    Do you have an imei that starts with 00?
    05-19-09 05:32 PM
    i had the same problem i can receive calls but i couldnt make any out. except for 611 and vm. after 5 calls of them saying they dont support the blackberries i went and did a phone software reset to default. the phone reset didnt do anything
    05-20-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD