12-29-08 08:11 PM
32 12
tools
    I've heard from a few people over at sprint (for whatever that's worth), that the 8350i will be released in Oct. Not sure what date yet.

If you go to Sprint's site, you'll find a page with 7 new phones that they're coming out with and you can register to be notified when they come out.

I would hope that means that it will be in October.
    You're not going to want to miss this.

Hope that helps.
    09-15-08 10:26 AM
    Its the end of summer, any word on Nextel uprading the 7100i? I dont understand why Nextel has gotten so far behind with their phones, especially for the DC customers.
    09-16-08 07:55 PM
    LOL!

I think it's SPRINT'S / NEXTEL'S fault with that old iDen bulky antiquated technology.
    I have a 8800 v4.5 BB and a Nextel i730T iden phone.

Iden conversations are about 9000% clearer than the ones on the BB. In fact, I have 77000 minutes on the iden phone and I've had it for 24 months or so.

The BB 8800 and the iden phones (w/ free incoming) are both must haves for me, but to think that GSM, CDMA, TDMA or any of the other common voice transports are even close to an iden call is simply being silly.

Iden phones simply have the best RF transmit / receive performance I've seen, be it Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, ATT/Cingular, I've had them all.

There is a large group of people that need a cell phone conversation to sound like a land-line, and that's exactly what iden phones do.

It will be a sad day when the iden voice network goes dark in the US. Its not extensive coverage, but the quality in voice calls is unsurpassed.
    09-30-08 12:01 AM
    I've got the 7100i from Nextel also. My only complaint is no camera. I can deal without the personalized ringtones but I miss my camera. I went from an i880 with a camera to the 7100i without one. I like the phone though. So much easier to IM, email and text on the CrackBerry than it is the regular phone. It's also durable. I've had mine about 3 weeks now and have dropped it at least a dozen times (For a lady, I'm hard on phones) and it works great.
    10-09-08 08:20 AM
    I flat loved my 7100.

That is a fantastic phone for what it does.

I would take it over alot of normal phones that is for sure.

The thing i loved best about the 7100, is i could put an extended batt in to it and i could use it for a half a week to a week between charges. It spoiled the **** out of me. Plus the scroll weel is One handed dialing so its perfect for the on the go type.

I have nothing but very fond memories of that phone.
    10-13-08 10:37 AM
    I have a 8800 v4.5 BB and a Nextel i730T iden phone.

Iden conversations are about 9000% clearer than the ones on the BB. In fact, I have 77000 minutes on the iden phone and I've had it for 24 months or so.

The BB 8800 and the iden phones (w/ free incoming) are both must haves for me, but to think that GSM, CDMA, TDMA or any of the other common voice transports are even close to an iden call is simply being silly.

Iden phones simply have the best RF transmit / receive performance I've seen, be it Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, ATT/Cingular, I've had them all.

There is a large group of people that need a cell phone conversation to sound like a land-line, and that's exactly what iden phones do.

It will be a sad day when the iden voice network goes dark in the US. Its not extensive coverage, but the quality in voice calls is unsurpassed.

the short amount of time i was on southern linc i was VERY happy with their system, it was VERY VERY clear. I thought it was related to the fact their towers did not have the same strain on them as other cell phone companys.

the new Voip stuff , that is the cats meow. Voip blows land lines out the water.
    10-13-08 10:44 AM
    I HAVE HAD A 7100i FOR 2 YEARS AND FINALLY HAD TO PUT IT TO REST
    WORKING IN HEAVY INDUSTRY I FOUND IT TO BE VERY FRAGILE (CHEAP PLASTIC) WITH THE ANTENNAE FINALLY FALLING OUT AND NO SIGINAL

PROS:LOOKING FORWARD TO A PTT CURVE

CONS:LOW RINGER VOLUME (COULD NEVER HEAR)
    ONLY 3 RINGS NO ADJUSTMENT
    CHEAP PLASTIC CRACKS EASILY GETTING MORE BRITTLE OVER TIME
    (OLD 7510 WAS RUN OVER BY A LIFT TRUCK AND STILL WORKED)
    EXCELL FORMS ALMOST UNREADABLE
    NO CAMERA OR MEDIA FILES
    12-29-08 08:11 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD