So here's the deal... I have a nosy roomate.

Somehow, he's getting into my blackberry that I have locked using Options -> Settings->Security->General Settings.

He's being very snide about it and telling me that there is a universal unlock code for Blackberries. I haven't been able to find ANYTHING about that via google or these forums.

Basically... Is he pulling a fast one on me and he actually knows my password? I'm changing my password just in case... But I also want to know if there's any way to ensure he doesn't get back in.

I figure this is a better alternative than just punching the snot out of him.

Thanks in advance,
    -- The Most Mysterious of Geckos
    08-26-08 04:06 PM
    There is not a universal unlock code for Blackberries. Otherwise, what would the point of any security feature be?
    08-26-08 04:09 PM
    There is not a universal unlock code for Blackberries. Otherwise, what would the point of any security feature be?
    That was kind of my guess... Thanks for the quick response.

Changing my password now. :-)

-- G
    08-26-08 04:20 PM
    No problem. Welcome to CB, by the way homie.
    08-26-08 04:21 PM
    A word of caution in case your roommate decides to take the joke to the next level and enter a wrong password on purpose. Be sure you have current backup. His prank will wipe your blackberry. In which cause your alternative response might be justifiable, at least to a jury made up of forum peers...
    08-26-08 06:57 PM
    Time for a new roomate....... lol
    08-26-08 06:59 PM
    I have a 7100i that is password locked and even entering a wrong password 10 (or more times) has failed to do anything. No complete wipe of data, nothing happens. What if the the "failed password attempts" has not been enabled?
    03-14-09 10:06 AM
    Is the keyboard accepting your password attempts? If the keyboard is frozen, a battery pull may unlock it and enable you to enter the password.
    03-14-09 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD