I like the Blackberry OS, both physically and for the performance of your keyboard.
    However there are things that can not be understood and that hinder the use and enjoyment of these devices.
    In the past my BB 8520 was a continuous waiting watch.
    This always seemed strange to me. With 128 megabytes of RAM it should be faster.
    Now that I have tried all the keyboard Blackberry that exist (it is almost true) I have done some tests with memory cleaners.
    Thus the Blackberry 9360 theoretically has 512 MiB RAM but these programs report as real RAM 128-150 MiB.
    (this would explain why the native browser is very slow and because it is so slow to install and uninstall programs)
    While in the Blackberry 9900 with theoretically 768 MiB of RAM is reported between 265 MiB and 353 MiB.
    (this explains why the BB 9900 is faster but not much more)
    Indicating several of these programs that the rest of the memory is virtual.
    What do you think?

Programs used:
    -MemoryBooster S4BB
    -MemBoo 3.0.3
    -Memory Mojo
    -Meters MemoryMonster
    -MemoryUp
    -MemoryRecycler
    -Memory Cleaner Free by Valeriy Skachko
    03-14-18 04:25 PM
    Don't know if this helps, but you can check out this thread...

https://forums.crackberry.com/genera...-model-530287/

I remember this came up some years ago that thanks to the JVM (Java virtual machine), the COD file size is limited so that a larger app needs sequentially numbered COD files that it loads one chunk at a time, then swaps out for the next chunk. That calls the JVM "garbage collector" that empties the memory for the next section, and that is why we always see the spinning hourglass.
    Cixert likes this.
    03-14-18 05:29 PM
    Don't know if this helps, but you can check out this thread...

https://forums.crackberry.com/genera...-model-530287/

I remember this came up some years ago that thanks to the JVM (Java virtual machine), the COD file size is limited so that a larger app needs sequentially numbered COD files that it loads one chunk at a time, then swaps out for the next chunk. That calls the JVM "garbage collector" that empties the memory for the next section, and that is why we always see the spinning hourglass.
    Thanks, It is very interesting. It's a pity that some links point to the old Blackberry forum that no longer works.
    I do not know if I understood correctly. So the RAM for applications in BB9900 is 189 MB?
    Here they do not explain what happens with the rest of the RAM memory up to 768 MB, which can be very affected by keeping several processes in memory.
    I also read that the limit per application is 8+8 = 16 MB of RAM. So where are web pages stored on the Internet browser?
    03-14-18 06:42 PM
    Yeah... sorry, I didn't realize that those links went to the now defunct BlackBerry Support forum until after I posted.
    03-14-18 06:53 PM
    I'm testing java apps. All app larger than 4 or 5 MiB can not be installed.
    I do not understand why Java applications have this limitation in Blackberry.
    Although the error message says 7.44 MiB of data the tested app has a total of 4.78 MiB:
    907 JAR not valid too much resource data, max allowed: 7802880, found: 8186269

Edit:
    I have found this post with the exact error
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ation-1102367/
    Here it says that this limit is not in OS5 and in OS6 it's in OS7 only
    http://www.hivmr.com/db/z9cafs1cksm8...8j99f3xc181smp
    Last edited by Cixert; 04-15-18 at 04:37 PM.
    04-15-18 04:21 PM