Have just purchased a brand new Blackberry 9900. I have owned approx 10 of these over 6 years, mostly secondhand with no problems. Issue with new version, once restored with all data etc, when attempting to set up email accounts, defaults into "enterprise activation" enter details provided by your administrator in fields below? email and activation password?? My service provider does not have this information? Cannot get past this stage to set up email accounts

Also attempting to access Blackberry World, defaults to "must upgrade current version, visit www.blackberry.com" This screen is fixed and there is no menu option or option to upgrade.

Can anybody advise please
    03-23-18 05:20 AM
    If it had an IT Policy on it you can remove it...

Install blackberry desktop software, plug in your bb, in the windows search bar, type cmd then type: cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader for win 64 users

loader.exe /resettofactory

enter bb password if applicable

IT is removed.

Also have to make sure your account has BIS on it and that you have the current Service Book
    03-23-18 08:24 AM
    I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time), but if the mobile account doesn't have BIS, the phone might default to assuming it needs enterprise activation.
    03-23-18 08:31 AM