My wife has upgraded her phone and has handed her 9320 to my daughter who had an older model BB. They are both on the same network (Vodafone). However, when my daughter placed her SIM into the 9320 it asked for her BB Username/Password. She forgot the password and attempted to reset it from the screen but it wouldn't let her. So we popped on line to the Appworld site and reset the password there. All seemed fine except after 10 tries of typing in the password it wouldn't accept it at all and locked us out for 15 minutes.

In that 15 minutes we recheck they password a number of times by logging in and out of AppWorld, then as soon as the 15 minutes where up we tried again. It gave us one try, told us the information was wrong and locked us out again. Now we can wait 15 minutes for another go or the option is given to wipe the phone.

Would we better wiping the phone and trying the username/password again or will we be met with the same message. Also, what is lost on a wipe, is it the contacts or are all the pictures taken etc?

Unsure where to go with this as our daughter would like to take it on her school trip in the morning to get a few photos on the way
    07-18-13 05:35 PM
    My wife has upgraded her phone and has handed her 9320 to my daughter who had an older model BB. They are both on the same network (Vodafone). However, when my daughter placed her SIM into the 9320 it asked for her BB Username/Password. She forgot the password and attempted to reset it from the screen but it wouldn't let her. So we popped on line to the Appworld site and reset the password there. All seemed fine except after 10 tries of typing in the password it wouldn't accept it at all and locked us out for 15 minutes.

In that 15 minutes we recheck they password a number of times by logging in and out of AppWorld, then as soon as the 15 minutes where up we tried again. It gave us one try, told us the information was wrong and locked us out again. Now we can wait 15 minutes for another go or the option is given to wipe the phone.

Would we better wiping the phone and trying the username/password again or will we be met with the same message. Also, what is lost on a wipe, is it the contacts or are all the pictures taken etc?

Unsure where to go with this as our daughter would like to take it on her school trip in the morning to get a few photos on the way
    yes the old device needs to be wiped to add a new bbID to it, otherwise it's trying to log into the old ID
    07-18-13 05:40 PM
    Thank you for that answer. I'll back up all of Wifeys data now to get it wiped.
    07-18-13 05:44 PM