So after Restoring my 9900 to the newest OS: 7.1.0.1098 I realized I had to re-install Google maps. and of course trusting Bla1ze I was sad that google No longer supported Google maps

But he was wrong. They still do. and let you download it from their own website.

Simply go to: google.com/mobile/other (ON your blackberry) and the link to google maps doesn't go to the website (like all the other links) but to the JAD file that WILL install the last version of Google maps FROM their website (not some pirated version found somewhere online) and you'll have FULL google maps on your blackberry (minus the voice navigation and road view while driving, which iOS and Android have)

ALSO:

NOW go to http://voice.google.com and you'll be directed to a more modern version of Google voice which doesn't look like you're holding a nokia from 2001.

It's modern and VERY useful. SURE no notification like a real app would give you (the old google voice app no longer works, even if you still have it installed) BUT you can forward your phone calls and text to your blackberry (in the google voice settings) and you have FULL google voice and it LOOKS modern and VERY useful!

P.S. I want to thank this VERY beautiful young lady in the streets of San Francisco which looked at me for help (I guess I have enough Blackberry Logo swag on me) and she was holding a TINY little map that google had shown her when she searched for a store on regular google search. and couldn't figure out where she was compared to that little tiny map. I showed her where to go (knowing where it was) but realized she should have had Google Maps, which led me down the path to this post.

I hope this helps a lot of you.

Google Maps IS BACK + Google VOICE (web) Updated for Blackberry 7-maponline.jpg
    Last edited by Damian Montero; 04-24-15 at 10:13 AM.
    04-24-15 10:03 AM
    I was about to post a thread on what a good gps app is now that BB traffic is no longer supported and then I stumble on your thread! Thank for the help!
    05-01-15 09:26 PM
    Google Maps IS BACK + Google VOICE (web) Updated for Blackberry 7-img_20150718_223304.jpg

It's working perfectly on my BlackBerry 9900!

Posted Via BlackBerry Q 10
    07-18-15 11:35 PM
    just installed on 9720, latest os on o2 uk..
    Thanks
    07-19-15 05:29 PM
    Alright!!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 05:57 PM
    It works on my 9350!
    07-25-15 10:30 AM
    This is awesome! Thanks!
    08-05-15 10:33 PM
    Is anyone able to sign into their Google account?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    08-18-15 11:26 PM
    no, cannot sign in...but it definitely and quickly finds the addresses...great to have it, even if its not audio or sign-in able.
    08-23-15 04:56 PM
    Thanks Damian, I can also confirm that the link you posted works. Just have to click on Google Maps, and the JAD install screen pops up. I was running 4.5.1 prior and now got 4.5.3.

Unable to log in though, looks like Google disabled that function from this app a while ago.
    08-25-15 02:25 PM
    I also just installed it on my new Sprint 9930 that I just activated today. Thanks.

There is one issue and that is that it won't work unless I agree to Google's privacy issue. I'm undecided as to if I should agree. At least it's there if I ever need it...
    11-18-15 10:17 PM
    That's interesting news even if it is on legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 10:25 PM
    Have tries six times after battery pull, etc., and all I get is "Serious error". Changing permissions does not help either.
    11-22-15 11:55 AM
    Sounds like a personal problem ;-)

No seriously. Just tried going to that link and the JAD is still there. I'm sure it's the same one everyone else (including myself) has installing successfully.

Just for future generations, one day when google decides that they're mad at blackberry for whatever reasons here's some direct links for the advanced users and users that want to preserve history. (from this forum post I found: https://productforums.google.com/for...ps/7ub--3up4r0 )

1) You SHOULD go to the link I gave you: https://google.com/mobile/other (and click on the first link that will say Google Maps)... keep going down the list until one of the options works for you.

2) The link actually goes here: http://dl.google.com/dl/mobile/maps/...GoogleMaps.jad (Remember the JAD file isn't the app. the Jar file or COD are, but go to this link)

3) If that fails, and you're an advanced Blackberry OS user here's a zip file with the binaries that google has saved: http://www.google.com/mobile/hosted/...leMapsPull.zip

4) if everything absolutely fails. (from that post, I'd never pirate like this) they look like they've saved a very old version on drop box: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8w6jymjdv...ogleMap-v3.zip and remember you should NEVER download ANY app from somewhere other than the original location. You don't know which version it is. Or if it's been modified and is in fact a virus. (it very easily is)
    11-30-15 06:05 AM
    If anyone needs to downgrade to GoogleMaps v.3, it appears to be available here: CHIA S? - Cch s?a l?i Google Maps "serious error" | C?ng ??ng BlackBerry Vi?t Nam
    dierre likes this.
    02-06-16 07:17 PM
    Thanks for share
    02-13-16 11:02 PM
    Im having the same problem you recorded. Odd as I had done this succesfully on another Bold 9900 last fall. Did you ever get yours going? I'm deleted and reloaded a couple times with no difference...just keep getting the "serious error" message. Know I'm using the right link too that Damian recommends. Any ideas?
    06-29-16 03:18 PM
    Follow up for future if anyone finds this string. Had to do some deep search digging in this forum. But looks like answer is to load the v.3 jad. Install that. And then upgrade to v.4. That seems to bypass the terms and conditions. Something yho has changed with this since Damien's post. I had a Bold that v.4 google maps was working super, loaded it just as he instructed. Now 9 months later, v.4 wont instal on a different device where all other google gmail apps are working fine. Somethigs changed...but this seems the work around.
    Last edited by jrsva2008; 07-01-16 at 11:03 PM.
    zocster likes this.
    07-01-16 10:28 PM
    Follow up for future if anyone finds this string. Had to do some deep search digging in this forum. But looks like answer is to load the v.3 jad. Install that. And then upgrade to v.4. That seems to bypass the terms and conditions. Something yho has changed with this since Damien's post. I had a Bold that v.4 google maps was working super, loaded it just as he instructed. Now 9 months later, v.4 wont install. This seems the work around.
    That's handy. Thanks.
    07-01-16 11:00 PM
    Bump

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 08:35 PM
    Update/Bump

Blackberry torch 9810

12/14/2018 Google maps is still working though I had to sacrifice a chicken to the foo bar gods.

http://www.google.com/mobile/hosted/...leMapsPull.zip is your friend as is the viet link to v3.

I was experiencing all the usual errors and did the following.

1. Disabled wifi
    2. Installed V3 locally via jad. V3 works BUT IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH the TOUCH SCREEN. OPEN YOUR QWERTY BEFORE YOU ACCEPT THE "T and C."
    3. Accepted the T and C.
    4. Installed 4.5.3 locally via jad.
    Profit... until I realized this application is currently hard tied to my data connection.

PS: Time to first fix took forever.
    12-14-18 03:44 PM