So I own a BlackBerry curve 9300 and I can't update the BlackBerry app world! I have tried using the BlackBerry website but it just brings me to the main screen. I have tried using my PC To do it but I can't. Is there any way I can do it?
    Last edited by EndoPlayz Wolf; 02-10-19 at 02:58 PM.
    02-05-19 03:58 PM
    Why do you want to update BlackBerry World?
    02-05-19 09:13 PM
    Why do you want to update BlackBerry World?
    Because I can't download anything using it
    02-07-19 03:00 PM
    there is no other way to download in my case
    02-07-19 06:22 PM
    Endo, what specific issues are you having downloading using BBW on your device?
    02-15-19 08:42 PM
    02-15-19 08:42 PM
    well first off, when I go onto the website it brings me to when I hit the update button when I open BB app world it brings me to the desktop site, I have tried other ways to download it but none of them work, according to my PC I am running app world 2.1.0.39, and I have been unable to use it. second off, I think I used to have bb app world 6 when I wasnt connected to my computer, whenever I updated my phone through my computer it gave me BB app world 2.
    02-16-19 02:25 PM
    well first off, when I go onto the website it brings me to when I hit the update button when I open BB app world it brings me to the desktop site, I have tried other ways to download it but none of them work, according to my PC I am running app world 2.1.0.39, and I have been unable to use it. second off, I think I used to have bb app world 6 when I wasnt connected to my computer, whenever I updated my phone through my computer it gave me BB app world 2.
    I may be missing something here Endo...but what happens when you try to launch BBW on your device itself?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-19 09:10 AM
    I may be missing something here Endo...but what happens when you try to launch BBW on your device itself?

Posted via CB10
    It says “to continue using blackberry app world, you must upgrade your current version. For more information, please visit www.blackberey.com/appworld/support I have tried the support though, no help
    02-19-19 10:34 AM
    It says “to continue using blackberry app world, you must upgrade your current version. For more information, please visit www.blackberey.com/appworld/support I have tried the support though, no help
    Hmmm...let me try and bust out some of my old BBOS devices and test some things for you Endo. We may be able to get you a way to update BBW through other means.
    EndoPlayz Wolf likes this.
    02-19-19 02:22 PM
    I tried to find some of the old sites that had a bunch of .jad files for various apps for BlackBerry OS 4, 5, 6 and 7.

Only found one, and while some of those apps were still there, the link for BlackBerry App World 4.3 for all the OS versions were dead.

Someone's got to still have it somewhere they can send your way.
    02-19-19 02:42 PM
    I tried to find some of the old sites that had a bunch of .jad files for various apps for BlackBerry OS 4, 5, 6 and 7.

Only found one, and while some of those apps were still there, the link for BlackBerry App World 4.3 for all the OS versions were dead.

Someone's got to still have it somewhere they can send your way.
    could you send over the one site you got, also do you know a site for the bbos 6?
    02-23-19 11:41 AM
    There’s past thread here on CB, that I used to link to, showing how to get past this error. Unfortunately, now, there’s really nothing left to bother with after you get there.
    02-23-19 05:37 PM
    could you send over the one site you got, also do you know a site for the bbos 6?
    This is what I found. They have apps for OS versions 5, 6, 7 and 7.1. It's just the appworld.jad links that have nothing in them - they just reload the page back to the top.

BlackBerry OTA Downloads

If you just Google "appworld.jad", there are other sites that pop up. Tread carefully though, just in case any of those sites are malware traps.
    02-24-19 12:08 PM
    This is what I found. They have apps for OS versions 5, 6, 7 and 7.1. It's just the appworld.jad links that have nothing in them - they just reload the page back to the top.

BlackBerry OTA Downloads

If you just Google "appworld.jad", there are other sites that pop up. Tread carefully though, just in case any of those sites are malware traps.
    Thanks! I was able to get the beta version but I am not able to find my key code, I am not able to get the full released version, thanks though! Do you know how to find my keycode?
    Last edited by EndoPlayz Wolf; 02-27-19 at 06:31 PM.
    02-27-19 06:18 PM
    Can't help much beyond that. Sorry.
    02-27-19 06:20 PM
    I just realised somehow I typed in my reply into the quote
    02-27-19 06:30 PM
    03-03-19 01:44 PM
    It doesn't seem to work that well, I try and all it said is "incorrect password please re enter your password"
    04-07-19 12:13 PM