Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    First of all, I haven't tried this on OS5 devices, but given the superior HTML browser found on OS6, I thought I'd try it on OS6 first

Step 1: Create a Google G-Mail account for an e-mail account where you often receive/send huge files

Step 2: Use the "add POP3" account setting in the Gmail settings page to add the corresponding POP3 information for your e-mail account. Make sure you enable "leave messages on server" Google will now regularly pull e-mail from that POP3 account to that Gmail account you just created.

Step 3: With your Webkit browser, log onto m.gmail.com and switch to "basic HTML" and you'll be able to add attachments to e-mails (doesn't matter if it exceeds BIS limits) and even download huge files that your normal BIS wouldn't let you.

I tried it over Wi-Fi (since my mobile network connection sucks at home) but it should also work fine over 3G.

Now you can have this Gmail account for your POP3 e-mail as a backup in case you get a truncated e-mail you wish to read or wish to send a file that exceeds BIS's limits.
    Last edited by Culex316; 04-03-11 at 12:30 AM.
    branflakes likes this.
    04-03-11 12:12 AM
    Wouldn't it be just as easy for people to log into the web portal for the account holding the truncated email? That what I used to do in a pinch. I'd just hit the OWA portal for the respective Exchange account.

No offense, good writeup, but I'm just thinking "Simplest Solution".
    tbrenn likes this.
    04-03-11 12:53 AM
    Wouldn't it be just as easy for people to log into the web portal for the account holding the truncated email? That what I used to do in a pinch. I'd just hit the OWA portal for the respective Exchange account.

No offense, good writeup, but I'm just thinking "Simplest Solution".
    True, but some e-mail accounts (like my work e-mail) do not have such a portal, we have to use some sort of mail client (i.e. Outlook, BIS, etc.)
    04-03-11 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD