05-08-11 02:13 PM
33 12
tools
    Alright Guys I got a quick fix for your nonfunctional Visual Voicemail. All you will need is BBSAK. Go into the system files through BBSAK and look for a rim file cod that ends in vmm and delete it and after it restarts, restart it once more than you should be getting your voicemail notifications back friom OS5.
    09-21-10 08:36 PM
    a little more detail for us who do not know how to navagate the new OS might help please.

what is bbsak?
    09-21-10 08:50 PM
    Sure no problem. First, BBSAK is intermediate user desktop tool for unofficial actions such as reading the device and wiping. http://http://blackberryrocks.com/20...version-1-7-0/ Connect your blackberry after you download this and open it up and click on modify cod tab and click read system first. Then search for VMM file then click delete COD. Then it will restart your phone after that do it once more.
    09-21-10 08:56 PM
    Great tip, thanks! This saved me from having to go back to OS5. Having no VM notification was killing me.
    09-22-10 12:17 AM
    Awesome tip, thanks! I was having this exact problem today.
    09-22-10 12:31 AM
    VMM or VVM ? I don't see a VMM
    09-22-10 12:37 AM
    VMM or VVM ? I don't see a VMM
    It's VVM...there should be 8 COD modules with VVM in them...delete them all
    09-22-10 12:39 AM
    Thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-22-10 12:42 AM
    This worked. Thanks brandon500.
    09-22-10 12:47 AM
    Thanx again. Brandon500
    09-22-10 01:15 AM
    So help me understand here. Is Visual Voice Mail a functional feature at the end of the procedure?
    Last edited by KlevaBabyKilla; 09-22-10 at 03:17 AM.
    09-22-10 01:22 AM
    Before I installed OS 6.0, I used Shrink OS and I deleted the visual vm option as I'm on Sprint regardless. So I tried this fix, hoping those files we're still present on my phone, but I didn't see anything and I still don't have the VM indicator when a message is present. Any other ideas folks?
    09-22-10 07:27 PM
    Your all welcome and I appreciate all the feedback I received. I'm glad I could be of help and Stevenstrike I know what you mean I almost did go back to OS5 also for this very reason also, Voicemail is important. @Dh321 Yeah don't use shrink OS do it manually trust me. Look in the loader files or use BBSAK to delete the VMM file directly off your phone and then restart it 2 times then leave a voicemail for testing purposes.
    Last edited by brandon500; 09-22-10 at 07:58 PM.
    09-22-10 07:53 PM
    Hey Brandon,
    That's just it. When I installed the OS originally, I deleted those VMM files with Shrink OS. That's what doesn't make sense to me??? Knowing you guys have found this solution, doesn't make sense why I wouldn't be receiving vm notifications I would think? Unless there are move vmm files hidden somewhere, of which I followed your instructions to a "tee" regardless and see none. Frustrating.
    09-22-10 08:01 PM
    when i do it i get the notifications but it completely deletes the icon for visual voicemail is there a way to get it to work instead of removing it?
    09-22-10 10:04 PM
    I think what some people aren't getting is that Visual VM as it is on this build, will not work on a Sprint Phone anyway. I think there are some apps that will allow it, but not the one that Verizon uses on it's phones.
    09-23-10 09:11 AM
    Hey Brandon,
    That's just it. When I installed the OS originally, I deleted those VMM files with Shrink OS. That's what doesn't make sense to me??? Knowing you guys have found this solution, doesn't make sense why I wouldn't be receiving vm notifications I would think? Unless there are move vmm files hidden somewhere, of which I followed your instructions to a "tee" regardless and see none. Frustrating.
    Hey dh321,
    Hmm I don't understand it.Your on Sprint. The file should be gone if you said you deleted it and followed instructions to a "tee". What I'll do is post pics of a screenshot of where exactly the file is in the loader files. You might not like what I'm going to tell you...reinstall a fresh OS6. But lets try pics first. I gotta reinstall it on my PC.

@shawnanibas1 Not to my knowledge no.
    Last edited by brandon500; 09-23-10 at 07:05 PM.
    09-23-10 06:55 PM
    Great tip, thanks! I was having this exact problem today
    09-26-10 07:37 PM
    Just wanted to say thanks to the OP. Just got my new BB Bold yesterday (my first BB). I would not get a BB until BB 6 because of the browser, so when I saw 6 had leaked, I was excited. However, the lack of voicemail notifications almost gave me a heart attack because I thought I'd have to go back 5. Other than that, all is running well, some light lags, but that's no big deal for me (as I'm coming from a Pre, which I loved). Thanks again for your tip; it made me not regret my purchase!
    09-26-10 09:18 PM
    Just wanted to say thanks to the OP. Just got my new BB Bold yesterday (my first BB). I would not get a BB until BB 6 because of the browser, so when I saw 6 had leaked, I was excited. However, the lack of voicemail notifications almost gave me a heart attack because I thought I'd have to go back 5. Other than that, all is running well, some light lags, but that's no big deal for me (as I'm coming from a Pre, which I loved). Thanks again for your tip; it made me not regret my purchase!
    Hey your welcome and I hope it keeps you on 6 after that fix. I absolutely love it.
    09-27-10 07:53 PM
    Hey your welcome and I hope it keeps you on 6 after that fix. I absolutely love it.
    Yes, that was the only serious problem I had. That is why I'm so thrilled with the fix, it allows me to stay with 6. One question though, whenever I receive a voicemail now, I get a notification in the notification bar as well as a blank text message. The text message sender is "Voicemail" and the message is blank. This is purely a cosmetic issue, but a nuisance nonetheless. Any ideas how to stop it from happening?
    09-27-10 09:12 PM
    Yes, that was the only serious problem I had. That is why I'm so thrilled with the fix, it allows me to stay with 6. One question though, whenever I receive a voicemail now, I get a notification in the notification bar as well as a blank text message. The text message sender is "Voicemail" and the message is blank. This is purely a cosmetic issue, but a nuisance nonetheless. Any ideas how to stop it from happening?
    I had this happen with my tour with the 5.0 os builds it seems like a bug/unnoticed feature in it. But yeah my Bold does that to with 6.
    09-29-10 07:09 PM
    I had this happen with my tour with the 5.0 os builds it seems like a bug/unnoticed feature in it. But yeah my Bold does that to with 6.
    This has always happened with Sprint blackberries, nothing special, just delete the "Voicemail" text.

It may even be convenient seeing as sometimes you may not even notice the little voicemail icon on the homescreen.
    09-29-10 07:57 PM
    Brandon500. Thanks for the Fix!! I was so excited to see the OS6 leaked for the 9650 then to find out no voicemail notifications, I was bummed. I love 6 so much I was just calling my voicemail after every call just to check instead go going back to OS 5. Thanks a Million!
    09-30-10 04:47 PM
    This has always happened with Sprint blackberries, nothing special, just delete the "Voicemail" text.

It may even be convenient seeing as sometimes you may not even notice the little voicemail icon on the homescreen.
    Thanks for the info on that. It answers my question on that lol. Its actually kind of useful like you said.

Brandon500. Thanks for the Fix!! I was so excited to see the OS6 leaked for the 9650 then to find out no voicemail notifications, I was bummed. I love 6 so much I was just calling my voicemail after every call just to check instead go going back to OS 5. Thanks a Million!
    Your quite welcome . OS6 is like a new phone os for me and voicemail notifications though is a must.
    09-30-10 08:30 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.