Dear reader,

First off, I has been a while since I was on this forum. Left blackberry for android way too long ago. However I need to get some old whatsapp messages out of my old blackberry for legal purposes and I hope you guys can help.

Years back I used a BB 9780, OS6, and now I need to view some old whatsapp messages in the phone.

The phone still boots and all seems to work just fine (amazing). Whatsapp however does not let me access the messages that should still be locally on the phone.

I tried starting whatsapp:

• With SIM, without SIM
    • With internet, without internet
    • Old app version, newest app version
    • Date in 2015, 2016, current date

And all possible combinations. However I never managed to access the messages.
    Note I just need to read them, I know any online activitiy is no longer supported.

Does anyone of you have a suggestion what I may still try?
    Attached Thumbnails Retrieving WhatsApp messages off 9780-20180208_122217.jpg   Retrieving WhatsApp messages off 9780-20180208_122358.jpg   Retrieving WhatsApp messages off 9780-20180208_1223582.jpg  
    Last edited by WakyEggs; 02-08-18 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Added pictures of BB
    02-08-18 06:38 AM
    Chances of you getting those back is slim to none. MAYYYYYBE try backing up your device using the old desktop manager and then using a BlackBerry backup extractor to see if they're viewable, other than that I dunno.
    02-08-18 07:49 PM
    Dear reader,

First off, I has been a while since I was on this forum. Left blackberry for android way too long ago. However I need to get some old whatsapp messages out of my old blackberry for legal purposes and I hope you guys can help.

Years back I used a BB 9780, OS6, and now I need to view some old whatsapp messages in the phone.

The phone still boots and all seems to work just fine (amazing). Whatsapp however does not let me access the messages that should still be locally on the phone.

I tried starting whatsapp:

• With SIM, without SIM
    • With internet, without internet
    • Old app version, newest app version
    • Date in 2015, 2016, current date

And all possible combinations. However I never managed to access the messages.
    Note I just need to read them, I know any online activitiy is no longer supported.

Does anyone of you have a suggestion what I may still try?
    You have to play more with the date change. You have to find a date that tells you that the WhatsApp version is not too old. And that the date is after your last message. Try to find the correct date by looking at the date of the messages. They are on the SD card \ databases \ whatsapp
    03-20-18 11:06 AM