Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I am with Tescomobile on the UK. I received a text from them stating that BIS services will be suspended on 15th June. I phoned them up to ask for my pac code and they told me that ALL networks in the UK will stop BIS services on this day.
    Has anyone else in the UK on another network had this information sent to them.
    I would be lost without my mail on my Pearl 3g.
    06-02-17 12:38 PM
    First I've not heard of all UK networks turning off BIS, but can confirm that Tesco Mobile will be turning off BIS on 15 June. Because Tesco Mobile uses the O2 network I am checking on their forum if the same applies and will provide an update here once I get a reply.
    Last edited by Asdic Ping; 06-05-17 at 08:03 AM.
    06-05-17 04:16 AM
    I've heard nothing from Three UK, re-enabled BIS on a phone yesterday, and Three happily took my £5.

:-)
    06-05-17 04:25 AM
    From replies received so far and from what I've seen on the internet, it looks like Tesco are the only UK provider to pull the plug on BIS, but I would check with other networks customer services to make sure. Unfortunately it's probably only a matter of time before the other networks follow Tesco's lead.
    06-05-17 04:42 AM
    I don't know how relevant this is but Tesco have been re-vamping (cutting back) budgets in all of their sectors, with Tesco Mobile reportedly 'about to be sold' since 2015.

I phoned Three UK CS but they had 'no information' about deleting BIS services.

Their PAYG sims (free: link below) work with BIS at £5 a month, and you can PAC your number over. (Other providers are available.)

Call rates: 3p a minute, texts 2p, data (outside of BIS) 1p per MB.

Without BIS: I have a Bold 9900 running on their APN, browser and LogicMail work over it, but not of course BBM.

BBWorld worked fine.

Free sim link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=AE9CoB7F
    06-05-17 04:53 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I have contacted giffgaff and Vodafone who both say that BIS will be continuing past 15th June. As my Pearl 3g is locked to O2 networks I will probably port my number to giffgaff who include the blackberry services on their tariffs for no extra cost. Its good to know that Three also have no plans to remove the services at the moment.
    06-05-17 04:47 PM