Maybe somebody here can point me in the right direction.

I got a blackberry bold 9650 for Verizon from a friend who had the leaked version of 6.0.0.28 on it already. Not any huge problems with it, but there is a bit of lag and a few bugs.

I saw that Verizon released the official version of OS6 yesterday and tried to upgrade with no luck. When I try to do the OTA upgrade it says "Unable to send request for available updates" and when I plug it into my Blackberry Desktop software (I have a Mac so it's supposed to automatically check for new software, and I have the box checked) it says no updates available. So neither way of upgrading is working at all.

I'm guessing this has something to do with me having the leaked version on here already, but if anybody knows anything I can do it would be much appreciated, thanks.
    01-26-11 06:53 PM
    run windows in a virtual environment and install it through there.
    01-26-11 06:59 PM
    Maybe somebody here can point me in the right direction.

I got a blackberry bold 9650 for Verizon from a friend who had the leaked version of 6.0.0.28 on it already. Not any huge problems with it, but there is a bit of lag and a few bugs.

I saw that Verizon released the official version of OS6 yesterday and tried to upgrade with no luck. When I try to do the OTA upgrade it says "Unable to send request for available updates" and when I plug it into my Blackberry Desktop software (I have a Mac so it's supposed to automatically check for new software, and I have the box checked) it says no updates available. So neither way of upgrading is working at all.

I'm guessing this has something to do with me having the leaked version on here already, but if anybody knows anything I can do it would be much appreciated, thanks.

You can go to the VZW website to download the OS 6. Then install the exe file with app loader, but you'll need a pc. To do the ota you'll need to downgrade to the latest OS 5 first, then you should see the OS 6 upgrade on your device.
    01-26-11 07:10 PM
    You can go to the VZW website to download the OS 6. Then install the exe file with app loader, but you'll need a pc. To do the ota you'll need to downgrade to the latest OS 5 first, then you should see the OS 6 upgrade on your device.
    Can somebody give me the link to the actual downnload file on verizons website? I can't seem to find it, but I have a pc at work so I should be able to get it done. Also does the app loader come with the desktop manager for the pc? Thanks for the help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 08:40 PM
    01-26-11 08:42 PM
    thanks, appreciate it.
    01-26-11 09:33 PM
    Can somebody give me the link to the actual downnload file on verizons website? I can't seem to find it, but I have a pc at work so I should be able to get it done. Also does the app loader come with the desktop manager for the pc? Thanks for the help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Don't use DM, run loader.exe directly. Here are a few simple steps on how to do this without DM, DM can introduce issues so try this:
    1. DL the latest version of BB6 from the link in the post above.
    2. Go to Control Pannel/Programs and remove any Blackberry device SW that may be on it, if none go to 3.
    3. Double click on the file, it is an exe, this will install the file on your PC.
    4. Before you do anything else, backup your third party apps. I like BBSAK but there are other tools available.
    5. Using DM, backup your devices data. The only things I do with DM is to sync my device with Outlook and to backup data.
    6. Now, you are ready to load BB6. Navigate to c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. In this folder you will find a file "loader.exe", double-click on it and follow the prompts. Before you know it loader will be busy backing up, wiping, loading BB6 and restoring all your stuff that it backed up.
    7. Voila, your are done!
    The reason for doing a backup of 3rd party apps and data is in case you have problems and need them to do a manual (outside of loader) restore of your apps & data. Most likely you won't need these backups but if you do and don't have them, guess what you are....
    01-26-11 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD