I realize OS10 is old and support is non-existent, and as calendars upgrade it will leave my Q10 in the dust as far as calendars go. But, I am hoping there is a remote workaround to get my blackberry Q10 calendar to sync with Zoho.

Through settings, I used the Caldav sync for Zoho Calendar and set the server address to https://calendar.zoho.com as instructed by the zoho site. When I go to add an appointment in my Q10, I can choose my zoho calendar when I add an appointment. However, it does not show on the zoho calendar on my desktop.

As an experiment, I added a second calendar with a different name from the desktop computer on the zoho website. I then went to my Q10 and saw that I could choose either one of the two calendars I set from the zoho website. This is proof that Zoho is talking with my Q10, but is it not synching appointments. For now, I am assuming this is a lost cause, unless some one knows a work around.
    04-29-21 11:29 PM
    I see lots of "views", no replies. Thought I'd just say that I worked with Zoho on this and have concluded that there is no longer any way to synchronize a Zoho Calendar with the Q10. As a workaround, I can "share" individual calendar items to my phone, or from my phone. The process works quite easily.

Intrerestingly, the Q10 calendar synchs nicely with Yahoo.
    05-19-21 07:30 PM
    I was one of those who looked but did not comment, because I didn't have a workable solution. I have found that my BB10 devices sync the calendar and contacts perfectly with a self-hosted instance of Radicale, so that might be useful for some people.
    horia_m likes this.
    05-19-21 08:55 PM
    So by self-hosted instance of Radicale, you are not using the zoho server address in Caldav? Sorry if this seems like such a basic question, but I never kept up with synching electronic calendars until now.
    05-20-21 03:00 PM
    Couldn't figure out Radicale, but I installed Owncloud on my NAS and am running the calendar server from there. I am able to synchronize my BB10 and my Tablet. I'm basically ditching Zoho for the calendar, although I still like Zoho for e-mail.
    anon(10512033) and horia_m like this.
    05-22-21 12:28 AM
    Couldn't figure out Radicale, but I installed Owncloud on my NAS and am running the calendar server from there. I am able to synchronize my BB10 and my Tablet. I'm basically ditching Zoho for the calendar, although I still like Zoho for e-mail.
    Perfect. The same result either way. If you use MS Outlook on a desktop/laptop, you can sync to that using the Caldavsynchronizer plugin: https://caldavsynchronizer.org/

I didn't see your earlier comment because you didn't quote me or @ me.
    05-22-21 08:29 AM
    @Shuswap I'm trying to stay away from Google and Microsoft as much as possible. That is one reason I started using Zoho for e-mail, Resilio Sync for my own cloud, I just set up the calendar on my NAS using Owncloud. The only issues I have is that sometimes I have to force the calendars to sync even though they are set to automatically synchronize. The other drawback, but it's a very small drawback, is that my devices will only synchronize on my local network. Other than that, I'm happy now.
    05-22-21 08:13 PM
    @Shuswap I'm trying to stay away from Google and Microsoft as much as possible. That is one reason I started using Zoho for e-mail, Resilio Sync for my own cloud, I just set up the calendar on my NAS using Owncloud. The only issues I have is that sometimes I have to force the calendars to sync even though they are set to automatically synchronize. The other drawback, but it's a very small drawback, is that my devices will only synchronize on my local network. Other than that, I'm happy now.
    That's basically what I'm doing too -- with Radicale and Syncthing.

I don't know what would be behind the need to manually force a sync, but you might consider moving from Owncloud to Nextcloud if it's available for your NAS. The original developers left Owncloud and set up Nextcloud, so it gets more updates and new features. The sync issue might be fixed on Nextcloud.
    horia_m likes this.
    05-23-21 10:39 AM
    Do you use the free Zoho Mail plan or a paid plan? Cheers
    05-24-21 07:47 AM
    @passport10 It is a paid plan, and the Zoho calendar does sync with other devices, just not the BB10.

I must admit that the Zoho control panels and management pages are horrible to navigate. Whoever designed their web pages had no concept of the term "user friendly", a term I grew up with as computer technology developed from the 1980's. Unfortunately, I haven't seen much else in the way of self-hosted e-mail.
    05-24-21 09:27 AM
    @passport10 It is a paid plan, and the Zoho calendar does sync with other devices, just not the BB10.

I must admit that the Zoho control panels and management pages are horrible to navigate. Whoever designed their web pages had no concept of the term "user friendly", a term I grew up with as computer technology developed from the 1980's. Unfortunately, I haven't seen much else in the way of self-hosted e-mail.
    @larryjb1120

Then please write to them. At least to my experience, Zoho Team has always been extremely helpful, not only to paid users. All my Zoho apps sync flawlessly,

Maybe these two links can help you
    * https://help.zoho.com/portal/en/kb/c...nd_your_device
    * https://calendar.zoho.com/mycalendar# (enabling private address for your calendar)

Best of luck
    horia_m likes this.
    05-24-21 09:51 AM
    @passport10 We tried. According to their logs, they received the CalDav requrest from my client, but did not receive the "Get event Details" request.

We tried Exchange Active Sync and not even e-mail would sync. They suggested installing OneCalendar, but the lowest version was still above Android 4.3 so it wouldn't install. They were as helpful as far as I can tell. I do have something that seems to be working alright.

Honestly, I don't see this phone being able to exist on any networks in the next few years. Telus is pretty good about keeping old networks going, but I think I have to plan for the future. The main reason I got the Q10 in the first place was its size and keyboard. I thought about a Key 1 which was out at the time, but they were still very expensive, and bulky as heck. I've pre-ordered the Titan Pocket and will see if it will do as a more modern compact phone.

Oh, and I've been to those links you posted many times already.
    05-24-21 03:39 PM
    @larryjb1120

Hard to believe this doesn't work. I'm very sorry. And yeah, only one single third party programming change can prevent an entire service from working.

I feel for you, since I'm literally in love with my Passport and doing a lot to keep the phone and all the required apps running.

Maybe you want to give it a last try rummaging through these results (though I guess you've already done).

Best of luck

[Btw, thumbs up for using Zoho services, according to PRISM documents Zoho was one of the very few services NSA couldn't crack. On the downside, Zoho may still partly rely on global services such as Amazon Web Services and Google Apps]
    horia_m likes this.
    05-25-21 03:45 AM
    @passport10 It is entirely possible I made a mistake setting up the Caldav. But if I got it working with other devices, I suspect I did it right.

However, I do know that if you have your own domain, you have to use smtppro stuff for email. I wonder if the same holds true for the Caldav address? I was using https://calendar.zoho.com/ for the server address as instructed by the site https://help.zoho.com/portal/en/kb/c...nd_Fantastical
    05-26-21 08:10 PM
    Telus is pretty good about keeping old networks going, but I think I have to plan for the future.
    I'm on Koodo. I think we still have a couple of years, but having an exit plan never hurts.

Interested to hear about your experience with the Titan Pocket when it arrives. You should post a review!
    05-26-21 11:14 PM
    @passport10 Great. Now my Q10 has stopped sending updates to Owncloud. Synchronization from OC to my BB occurs, but not BB to OC. All other devices synchronize normally.

Is there some setting in the BB that might have affected one way synchronization with the Q10 alone?
    horia_m likes this.
    05-30-21 09:42 AM
    @passport10 I discovered that it won't sync events 3 weeks in the future from my Q10 to Owncloud, but it did sync an event entered for later in the day to Owncloud.

Where do I change the setting so it will sync future events from the Q10?

Update: I've got it syncing again, but I'm not sure what change worked now.

There are three things that may have caused the problem:
    1) I had downloaded OwnCloud into the Q10, but that app wouldn't recognize my username/password. I deleted the app.
    2) The event I was trying to add was added by sharing a text with the calendar.
    3) The subject may have been too long (sharing a long text adds text to subject)

After a little playing, a long subject definitely blocked the syncing. I will try to proof out whether the OC app on the BB caused any issues.
    Last edited by larryjb1120; 05-30-21 at 10:42 AM.
    horia_m likes this.
    05-30-21 10:15 AM
    @larryjb1120
    I have a similar problem on my BB Classic: it syncs well just in one direction, from a SOGo server to the phone (showing all calendar entries from that server). But it does not send to the SOGo server the calendar entries existing on the phone.
    08-23-21 07:10 AM
    @larryjb1120
    in the meantime I discovered the problem: I was using the "local calendar" when adding entries on the phone, instead of using the "remote calendar" (that one that is synced with the CalDAV account).
    anon(10512033) likes this.
    08-23-21 07:48 AM