I just read the specs of the N5. Seems familiar but the expectation on in is that it's going to be a mid-level priced phone.

Huge threat to Z30's success.

http://bgr.com/2013/09/18/nexus-5-launch-date-october/

Fired from my Z10
    09-18-13 10:47 AM
    I just read the specs of the N5. Seems familiar but the expectation on in is that it's going to be a mid-level priced phone.

Huge threat to Z30's success.

Nexus 5 Launch Date: October pegged for release, mid-range price | BGR

Fired from my Z10
    Honestly ? This will be THE threat to Z30. Better over all smartphone for less ! I mean let's be real . Why would I pay MORE for less ?
    09-18-13 11:02 AM
    It's very close in specs is my point and if Google comes out and charges $400 for 16GB model, the Z30 is dead.

Fired from my Z10
    09-18-13 11:19 AM
    It's very close in specs is my point and if Google comes out and charges $400 for 16GB model, the Z30 is dead.

Fired from my Z10
    The difference is Google doesn't care to or need to profit from there nexus line, unlike Bbry who pays it's bills of selling smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 11:40 AM
    At this point I don't think comparisons to other devices really matters. While pricing and the number of cores and pixels and mega pixels all play a part... I think we have seen that the ecosystem or lack of it is the deciding factor.
    Amy wineBerry and Jonneh like this.
    09-18-13 02:38 PM
    At this point I don't think comparisons to other devices really matters. While pricing and the number of cores and pixels and mega pixels all play a part... I think we have seen that the ecosystem or lack of it is the deciding factor.
    Exactly right. BlackBerry can release the most feature rich device in terms of specs. Until it has an ecosystem that rivals what's available for other platforms, I don't think specs will help ameliorate sales all that much.

Posted via CB10
    Jonneh and Mel25 like this.
    09-18-13 02:45 PM
    Google doesn't mind losing on the nexus cuz they are well...google.

BlackBerry needs some profit to try to stay afloat as they are drowning.

It's hard for the little guy against giants like apple and google and now KING MS the big 3 phone providers.

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    09-18-13 02:48 PM

Fired from my Z10
    you should know that even if the N5 didn't exist the Z30 is dead on arrival. I love the z30 and have no interest in an LG device. Yuck. But I'm biased. The millions of sales N5 will get on day 1 will prove me wrong always.

09-18-13 02:50 PM
    Google doesn't mind losing on the nexus cuz they are well...google.

BlackBerry needs some profit to try to stay afloat as they are drowning.

It's hard for the little guy against giants like apple and google and now KING MS the big 3 phone providers.

Not really.... at one point BB was the king of the smartphone manufactures. But they didn't innovate even after it was rumored that Apple and Android were coming to market. Mike and Jim laughed at their products and ignored them for too long.

At one point Apple was near bankruptcy, Google was a little search algorithm that some school was using and IBM never saw MS coming.... the little guy can make it IF he has a unique and innovative product. Not if he just does a poor job trying to copy what others are doing and charging more to do it.
    Jonneh likes this.
    09-18-13 03:59 PM
    you should know that even if the N5 didn't exist the Z30 is dead on arrival. I love the z30 and have no interest in an LG device. Yuck. But I'm biased. The millions of sales N5 will get on day 1 will prove me wrong always.

Yep it's sad but like I said for those consumers who do spec comparisons and don't know too much about ecosystems, the N5 doesn't make the Z30 look too good side by side.

Fired from my Z10
    09-18-13 05:40 PM