Okay so today Apple announced the iPhone5 "Same" and iPhone5"Cheap"... the only difference from older iPhone models is that the new "S" comes with fingerprint scanner and dedicated fitness "tracking" whatever that means and everything else is basically the same crap and still this is considered HUGE innovation and applauded by the media.

What amazes me is how this is being announced the 10th and will be shipping in only 10 days! Bravo!

Anyways, my only concern now is that having the cheap model at only $99 how the hell will BlackBerry try to compete? Will they continue to promote the Z10 as the lower model and hopefully offer it for $0.00?

Will the Z30 (if it does launch) be offered competitively? Hope they start off at $99 MAX to at least get some people interested when comparing devices... I believe this C model will cause some trouble IMHO for everyone, including Android! But of course the smaller you are, the harder you might feel it so its obvious competition is getting more and more fierce.

See comparison chart for iphone... Do you think we can compare the Z10 to the "C" and the Z30 to the "S"? Will BlackBerry finally come up with an aggressive attack plan?
    Z30 VS iPhone5s & Z10 VS iPhone5c-iphonecomparison-1-_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 04:22 PM
    Okay so today Apple announced the iPhone5 "Same" and iPhone5"Cheap"... the only difference from older iPhone models is that the new "S" comes with fingerprint scanner and dedicated fitness "tracking" whatever that means and everything else is basically the same crap and still this is considered HUGE innovation and applauded by the media.

What amazes me is how this is being announced the 10th and will be shipping in only 10 days! Bravo!

Anyways, my only concern now is that having the cheap model at only $99 how the hell will BlackBerry try to compete? Will they continue to promote the Z10 as the lower model and hopefully offer it for $0.00?

Will the Z30 (if it does launch) be offered competitively? Hope they start off at $99 MAX to at least get some people interested when comparing devices... I believe this C model will cause some trouble IMHO for everyone, including Android! But of course the smaller you are, the harder you might feel it so its obvious competition is getting more and more fierce.

See comparison chart for iphone... Do you think we can compare the Z10 to the "C" and the Z30 to the "S"? Will BlackBerry finally come up with an aggressive attack plan?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iPhoneComparison(1)_edit.jpg 
Views:	2099 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	200406

Posted via CB10
    Looking at the chart you provided it appears that there are more changes than just fingerprint scanners and fitness tracking apps.
    09-10-13 06:09 PM
    Also, I don't know what you mean by "same crap". I may like my Q10, and it may be a good device, but the iPhone 5/5s is hardly "crap". Also, I don't know what you mean by "applauded by the media". While the media obviously covered the launch and reported facts, I haven't noticed much massive "applauding" going on.

In terms of your actual question, ignoring all the hyperbole, I don't see how BlackBerry can compete with iPhone. IMHO, BlackBerry should focus on keyboard only phones like the Q for those of us that need keyboards or just like BlackBerry products (both describe me). The Z10 was a complete and humiliating error. The Z30, if released, will be another complete and humiliating error.

BlackBerry needs to shrink down and focus on its core constituency. BlackBerry lovers. Keyboard lovers. Etc. Dreams of wide spread acceptance should be long over; the sun is up.

Posted via CB10
    tomsobon likes this.
    09-10-13 07:34 PM
    Z30 VS iPhone5s & Z10 VS iPhone5c-41249894.jpg

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and thedark722 like this.
    09-10-13 09:24 PM
    Disagree with the comment on the Z series
    I find the phone phenomenal. The touch screen keyboard is fantastic and I love the full screen.

As more apps join natively, the Z gets better and better. I side load all missing apps.

Z10 is like the iphone5 and z30 will be the 5s

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG, torpesco, Pdinos3 and 1 others like this.
    09-10-13 09:41 PM
    I'm pretty surprised the 5c is $599 and $700+ off contract for the 16 and 32 GB models respectively. Not seeing how that's gonna compete on the low range scale.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 09:42 PM
    I'm pretty surprised the 5c is $599 and $700+ off contract for the 16 and 32 GB models respectively. Not seeing how that's gonna compete on the low range scale.

Posted via CB10
    This

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 11:47 PM
    Z10 is like the iphone5 and z30 will be the 5s
    Except the Z10 is not as sophisticated as the iPhone 5, and the specs for the Z30 are not as good as those of the iPhone5s. So, despite your wishful thinking, no, you're incorrect.
    09-11-13 10:12 AM
    Not seeing how that's gonna compete on the low range scale.
    Who said they're trying to?
    09-11-13 10:13 AM
    I don't know the technical details of the fitness tracker, but from what I read it sounds pretty interesting. Now, has Apple come out with a revolutionary device. Probably not. But, supposedly there are 200 new features. So as with any phone, we will have to see how it is once people start using it.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 10:36 AM
    I want a fat tracker, fitness is too much work.
    thedark722, MrRJ and BB-Marcus like this.
    09-11-13 10:59 AM
    Screen size is important to me, so Go Big or Go Home.
    Apple, go home. Your screen is too small.
    09-11-13 11:05 AM
    Except the Z10 is not as sophisticated as the iPhone 5, and the specs for the Z30 are not as good as those of the iPhone5s. So, despite your wishful thinking, no, you're incorrect.
    Smh....

Sophisticated...lmfao. where do these guys come from!?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 11:07 AM
    It looks like we are trying to compare Apples to Berries Literally. iPhone 5s has a 4" screen, the Z30 has a 5" screen...Why do we get into this Mine does this yours sucks and yours can't do this , blah blah blah?

The iPhone is not crap. The BB10 phones are not crap. These are two very different phones. I personally will not use an iPhone. I hate them, not because they are crap. I love my Blackberry Z10 not because it is the best phone in the world, but because I like the way it works for ME. Yes I think the Z10 is better in many ways than any iPhone out there. Can My Z10 do things the iPhone doesn't , Yes. Can the iPhone do things my Z10 doesn't, yes. Do I care about what I don't use my phone for? NO.

iPhone is a huge success due to the way Apple controls their environment for their users. This works great for the masses because the masses truly are not geeks like most of us posting on these forums. My sisters, mother and other family members love their iPhones. Can they do anything other than make a call, listen to music, or take a picture and share it? NOPE! Do they care? NOPE! The only time it pisses me off is when they ask me to do something for them on their iPhone, then the complaining starts. grin.

The issue is BB10 really is a huge evolutionary step for BlackBerry and honestly it really is a step above what iOS has to offer in so many ways. We BlackBerry fans just want you iPhone fans to at least give a head nod of yeah that's cool. When the iPhone came out it was a revolutionary step up for phones PERIOD! We appreciate that.The iPhone has had incremental upgrades and some more than others, but the iOS has not changed in such a way that BB went from BBOS to BB10. BlackBerry can succeed in this market by slowly gaining a foot hold again. They will not do this by throwing pebbles at the giant in the room. The Z30 does not compete with the iPhone 5S as something to steal existing users from Apple. the Z30 is simply an alternative to someone wanting to upgrade to a new phone, or possibly looking for a change. Apple, BlackBerry, and Android all have different systems that utilize hardware differently. Android simply requires more resources than BlackBerry or Apple phones do. Their specs will typically out do ours every time. They need it. BlackBerry users don't. Apple Users probably don't either. What Apple did with the iPhone 5S was simply shut the argument on the spec compare. They brought a bigger bat, 64bit processor. WOW! Seriously?? Yes they did. I personally prefer a samurai sword to a claymore, but the claymore sure does out spec the Katana and looks more impressive on the wall, due to it's size. Is it more efficient? No. Does it show strength? Yes. Apple is showing their strength with that processor and that's all. It trumps the spec debate to the average user. Doesn't mean it is truly more efficient. I'm starting to rant. Sorry...

BlackBerry needs to put out a solid phone and experience, they have. Problem is they failed at marketing it. Please step it up Blackberry. The Z10 is a great phone the Q10 is a great phone. The BB10 experience is awesome. I am looking forward to the incremental update to my phone of 10.2. I will love it. I will buy a Z3- when it comes out. I personally want the bigger screen. The performance of my phone is fantastic I can't see that I would notice improved processor speed on my phone until I need to do something more on it, which I don't at the moment.

Again sorry for the long rant. Carry on...
    09-11-13 11:29 AM
    Sophisticated...? Really.... I agree with you that the specs on the iPhone 5 and 5S both beat the Z10 and Z30 but you sound like a tool with your talk of "sophistication"

Posted via CB10
    DiscoKing426 likes this.
    09-11-13 02:45 PM
    Smh....

Sophisticated...lmfao. where do these guys come from!?

Posted via CB10
    Clearly you don't understand the meaning of "sophisticated" in this context.
    09-13-13 09:13 AM
    Sophisticated...? Really.... I agree with you that the specs on the iPhone 5 and 5S both beat the Z10 and Z30 but you sound like a tool with your talk of "sophistication"

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:14 AM
    I have no problem with iPhones. I just find it hard to envision business men and other types of professionals using the new ones with their new candy colored, neon UI.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 09:55 AM
    I have no problem with iPhones. I just find it hard to envision business men and other types of professionals using the new ones with their new candy colored, neon UI.

Posted via CB10
    I doubt the 5c is meant for business people.
    09-13-13 10:05 AM
    And this statement right here is what's wrong with the average smartphone consumer.

Posted via CB10
    DiscoKing426 likes this.
    09-13-13 12:54 PM
    Again, people don't understand what I mean by "sophisticated." I mean elegantly programmed, well provisioned with features and top notch hardware, seamless integration. Things iPhone has in abundance. Not "sophisticated" like a guy in a nice suit.

And saying "that's what's wrong with the average smartphone customer" is a surefire way to lose business. You don't win business by telling the customer how they're wrong. You adapt to THEIR needs, to THEIR wishes. Sadly a concept often lost among posters here.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 01:38 PM
    I'm starting to rant. Sorry...
    Your post was well written and the arguments it presented were well thought out. In no way was it a rant. It is clear that you put a lot of thought into your views, more than most other posts in this thread. Thank you for summing up the current situation right on!

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 12:50 PM
    Actually the title should be Z10 vs iPhone 5S & Q5 vs iPhone 5C. That would be a better comparison. Z30 would go against the iPhone 6 which right now Apple is making plans to make it a phablet. Apple is investigating different phablet models/sizes for the next iPhone so we may see a 5" iPhone after all. >:/

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 04:54 PM