I can make a video call from my PlayBook to my Z30 using the device pin and the call is logged in the BB10 hub as a 'PlayBook Video Chat' notification with no other details.

You can go into the notification posted after the missed call or the completion of a chat and click on the 'Open' button and call back the device as a video chat. This is the only time it shows the address (but will not successfully call if the device has the same BlackBerry ID you are calling from).

The video call is very good but there is no way of making a video call to a PlayBook other than the notification that has no caller specific details.

Does anyone know how to save the playbook contact in your BB10 contacts for Video Chat?

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Z30 video chat to PlayBook-img_20140817_153240.png  
    08-17-14 01:30 AM
    I was just working on this. I couldn't find it either.
    08-17-14 01:34 AM
    I guess there is no other way. What if the Playbook has different bbid than your phone?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 07:49 AM
    If the PB has the same BBID as the BB10 device you can call from the BB to BB10 but not from BB10 to PB ("The person you called is currently not available" is the message you get). If you have different BBID on either device you can make Video Chat calls either way.

Using the HDMI on a large screen TV makes for a good experience!

The only way I make a Video Chat call to a PB is if I open a notification from a call or missed call from the PB device.

Saving the PB pin into your BB10 contacts for Video Chat calls is what I would like the ability to do but I can't seem to find a way to do it.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 07:51 AM
    In have a few contacts who are still using a PlayBook to call me on my BlackBerry 10 or my PlayBook (video calls are forwarded simultaneously to both devices).

Interestingly, after a few video chats their PlayBooks were added to their profiles in the contact app automatically... by some magic.

I never found out how to add these manually, it just happened automatically.

Unfortunately, these entries can also disappear again from the contact app...by the same sort of strange magic.
    In my case after an update.

I concluded for myself that the contact apps in BB 10 and PlayBook need some improvement.
    08-18-14 08:18 AM
    I done a video cal from the playbook to my Z10.
    08-18-14 09:16 AM