Dear CB community, i still have problem with proximity on my Z30.... i have read all threads about this and there is no known fix for it...

I don't understand how can BlackBerry remain silent about this...why don't they send some kind of update to our devices to address this fout...

Z30 is still new device and BB schuld try to fix problems as soon as possible to get new users and to save remaining users...

I have official 10.2.1 (got it trough OTA)... BVE says my sensors are not available...

Has anyone fix for this or not ?

Thanx in advance

best regards

Miki
    11-27-14 08:08 AM
    Have you tried a different OS? Like a 10.3.1 leak?
    11-27-14 10:22 AM
    Thank you for fast response, yes i have tried it all.. 10.3.0 (all of them) , 10,3.1 (all of them) , upgrade with sachesi and autoloaders... Very rarely it would work, but after couple minutes is not active again...
    11-27-14 04:32 PM
    Thank you for fast response, yes i have tried it all.. 10.3.0 (all of them) , 10,3.1 (all of them) , upgrade with sachesi and autoloaders... Very rarely it would work, but after couple minutes is not active again...
    I remember a awhile back (late 2013) all blackberry 10 devices had this problem for about 2 days and it had to with something on the BlackBerry server side. I think it was in regards to sensor calibration.

http://m.crackberry.com/having-issue...oure-not-alone

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 02:10 PM
    Sounds like a hardware issue, maybe?
    Why haven't you send it for repairs?

Posted via my White.Leopard
    11-28-14 02:24 PM

Agree.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 03:04 PM

Agree
    When I broke my screen on my Z30, the repair shop called to say that they had replaced the screen but the proximity sensor had been damaged.
    I knew had worked fine before, so he retested, and then seated the replacement screen and called back to say all was fine

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    11-28-14 03:19 PM
    Thank you for replies...

It is software problem... i miss file in /dev/sensors (missing file is "light")
    I am developer (was developer for Windows Phone and Android... i had never problems like this with Lumia phones and Nexus phones...this is ridiculous )... i wanna develop for BB10, and i need all sensors to work properly... i made app and testing it on emulator...it is shame i can't use my device to test it properly...

If someone have suggestion beside "reparation", please share with me... if nothing works i will sell it and move to another platform...i don't have time to first fix device which i bought to test with... i spend to much time already on development...

Thanx in advance

Best regards Miki
    11-28-14 05:52 PM
    Thank you for replies...

It is software problem... i miss file in /dev/sensors (missing file is "light")
    I am developer (was developer for Windows Phone and Android... i had never problems like this with Lumia phones and Nexus phones...this is ridiculous )... i wanna develop for BB10, and i need all sensors to work properly... i made app and testing it on emulator...it is shame i can't use my device to test it properly...

If someone have suggestion beside "reparation", please share with me... if nothing works i will sell it and move to another platform...i don't have time to first fix device which i bought to test with... i spend to much time already on development...

Thanx in advance

Best regards Miki
    If you're sure it's a software problem, use an autoloader. It'll wipe & clean install the os.

If you're impatient to repair the device, go ahead and switch the platform. Nobody would miss the dev who couldn't find time to repair a device.

11-29-14 01:09 AM
    I tried autoloaders already... after installation sensors would work couple hours,after that they go off again. I am trying for months to fix this device, that's why I am frustrated... I don't need answers like I've just got from you cycle_wala... I am trying to share my frustration with other users hoping to find fix and need help and not some unhelpful comments... if you are developer you would understand how frustrated you can become if you spend weeks on development and can't finish it and publish it because your device is not working properly...

Still hope to get useful fix-comment .

Thanx in advance

Best regards

Miki

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 05:52 AM
    It may be a software issue but various variants of reloads, autoloads, dev OS, Blitz files etc. Won't help. Got the same issue on my z10 since before the server issue came thorugh .It's really annoying if u try to make a call and ur ear cancels or mutes the call...I remember that some guys had luck with replacing the sensor...

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 07:28 AM
    Thank you for your feedback Pascoback, yes, it is very annoying indeed... do you know maybe where can I buy replacement sensors? It is worth trying to replace those...

Best regards

Miki

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 07:45 AM
    Ok, i bought complete NEW OEM BLACKBERRY BAT-50136-101 Z30 BATTERY & MIDDLE FRAME HOUSING + CAMERA... i hope sensors are attached on it... i will get little flex cable on it... is sensor on this flex cable ?
    This is what i get according to seller :

11-29-14 06:58 PM
    11-29-14 07:02 PM
    You spend months trying to "repair" your device with a software fix because you know that the device is "missing" files!!?

As a developer you would know an autoloader brings the device back to a clean OS state, so you should have known for months (minus the time to install the auto leader first time) it was a hardware issue.

Then you "threaten" to leave the platform if you don't get any fixes in the forum and finally you tell everyone that you now have ordered a new middleframe.

I really don't understand you...

If a device is defective send it for repair and stop complaining. Things break and all vendors have different hardware issues. That's life and we all have to deal with it.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 05:30 PM
    You spend months trying to "repair" your device with a software fix because you know that the device is "missing" files!!?

As a developer you would know an autoloader brings the device back to a clean OS state, so you should have known for months (minus the time to install the auto leader first time) it was a hardware issue.

Then you "threaten" to leave the platform if you don't get any fixes in the forum and finally you tell everyone that you now have ordered a new middleframe.

If a device is defective send it for repair and stop complaining. Things break and all vendors have different hardware issues. That's life and we all have to deal with it.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly my point!

11-30-14 06:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have had Z10 also with camera issue.... according to users here was hardware issue...i bought new camera (4$ only) and it still didn't work...after couple updates camera begon to work again and it is still working... so...just to believe every time someone say it is hardare to send it for fix is not an option...i must be sure...

As a developer i know what autolader does...off course it brings back device to clean state...i did that couple of times and as i said before sensors does work for some time and /dev/sensor/light is there...after couple of hours /days it stop working again and /dev/sensor/light is missing again... so if you think logical you would think that something in os (specific provider maybe i don't know) erase files...if sensors are bad they would never come live again, but they did...

I didn't threaten to leave the platform if i don't get fix in the forum...i said i wouldn't send it to reparation (because it would take long time until i get it back) , i would rather sell it and move to another platform...

I found cheap middleframe so i wanna give it a try...i would be glad if it work and if it work i will apologize to people who said it was hardware issue and i didn't listen...
    I didn't tell everyone what i have ordered to be smart ***...i shared with other users who have same problem with sensors on Z30 (many many people have same problem...check forum here ) so that they could use spare parts very cheap...

And please words like "things brake and all vendors have different hardware issues" are not very cute to hear if you buy something for 550 euro... i expect it to work and not to brake after couple of months of use or after some software updates... i can understand if only mine Z30 had problems...than i would say..ok..bad luck...but it is not only me...many Z30 have problems...so it is not bad luck it is bad production...

My company changed BB for Lumia devices because of to much problems with 9900...reputation of BB is not same as before here...
    We never ever had problems with Nokia devices, so it is not true that all vendors have hardware issues...

I moved back to BB because i think BB10 have future and it is most amazing OS... (years ago i was tester of QNX , i was in love with that OS...with stability and speed)... BB10 is also very fast and stable... problems with hardware scare people because if something goes wrong you send device to reparation and you've lost it for couple of weeks if not months... (in Canada is maybe different situation...you have maybe service at every corner, but we don't anymore...people who use BB here at this moment are real fans of BB, because we give huge amount of money for it and we are aware that support for this devices is not available or very limited)...at one point , after problems with couple devices one after another people lose faith in device...

I hope changing sensor will fix mine Z30...will keep you posted...maybe some other users with same problem will learn from me... (in case if it really was hardware failure), to learn listen to other people

One more thing... try to keep conversation normal , not aggressive...and not provocative...i am not attacking anyone here, so i am expecting from other users also polite response... if you can't be polite in your response please don't answer my question...

Thank you

Best regards

Miki
    11-30-14 06:39 PM
    I have had Z10 also with camera issue.... according to users here was hardware issue...i bought new camera (4$ only) and it still didn't work...after couple updates camera begon to work again and it is still working... so...just to believe every time someone say it is hardare to send it for fix is not an option...i must be sure...

As a developer i know what autolader does...off course it brings back device to clean state...i did that couple of times and as i said before sensors does work for some time and /dev/sensor/light is there...after couple of hours /days it stop working again and /dev/sensor/light is missing again... so if you think logical you would think that something in os (specific provider maybe i don't know) erase files...if sensors are bad they would never come live again, but they did...

I didn't threaten to leave the platform if i don't get fix in the forum...i said i wouldn't send it to reparation (because it would take long time until i get it back) , i would rather sell it and move to another platform...

I found cheap middleframe so i wanna give it a try...i would be glad if it work and if it work i will apologize to people who said it was hardware issue and i didn't listen...
    I didn't tell everyone what i have ordered to be smart ***...i shared with other users who have same problem with sensors on Z30 (many many people have same problem...check forum here ) so that they could use spare parts very cheap...

And please words like "things brake and all vendors have different hardware issues" are not very cute to hear if you buy something for 550 euro... i expect it to work and not to brake after couple of months of use or after some software updates... i can understand if only mine Z30 had problems...than i would say..ok..bad luck...but it is not only me...many Z30 have problems...so it is not bad luck it is bad production...

My company changed BB for Lumia devices because of to much problems with 9900...reputation of BB is not same as before here...
    We never ever had problems with Nokia devices, so it is not true that all vendors have hardware issues...

I moved back to BB because i think BB10 have future and it is most amazing OS... (years ago i was tester of QNX , i was in love with that OS...with stability and speed)... BB10 is also very fast and stable... problems with hardware scare people because if something goes wrong you send device to reparation and you've lost it for couple of weeks if not months... (in Canada is maybe different situation...you have maybe service at every corner, but we don't anymore...people who use BB here at this moment are real fans of BB, because we give huge amount of money for it and we are aware that support for this devices is not available or very limited)...at one point , after problems with couple devices one after another people lose faith in device...

I hope changing sensor will fix mine Z30...will keep you posted...maybe some other users with same problem will learn from me... (in case if it really was hardware failure), to learn listen to other people

One more thing... try to keep conversation normal , not aggressive...and not provocative...i am not attacking anyone here, so i am expecting from other users also polite response... if you can't be polite in your response please don't answer my question...

Thank you

Best regards

Miki
    Honest opinion. You should try your hand at writing novels.

Cool story bro!!

11-30-14 10:07 PM
    Honest opinion. You should try your hand at writing novels.

Cool story bro!!

Thank you lol

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 06:07 AM
    Just a point to note...
    If the proximity sensor and light sensors were working as normal after using an autoloader and then stopped after a few days, I'd first and foremost be looking at the apps being installed onto the device in those few days, which would seem to more likely be the issue in my opinion

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    12-27-14 04:37 AM
    Interesting...

From my Z30
    12-27-14 04:56 AM
    Hi, just for information, had this issue with my Z10 twice and send it twice under warranty. I remember that one time they wrote that there was some rust on sensor connectors. Maybe this can explain random issues of their functionality.. I'm not a soft or hardware expert but the sensor kit is very near the ear speaker.. and now I take care not sticking it to my ear when it is sweaty

Then maybe you can look (if you find the sensors connection) if it is related, just an idea.

Had 2 Z30 since and no issue with prox and light sensors.

Hope this can help you, and anyway happy holidays to you guys.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 07:01 AM
    I just replaced the middleframe on my Z30 because it didn't turn off the screen during calls.

BBVE passed all tests.

BlackBerry confirmed after some debugging that the sensor readings were out of the normal range. BBVE however tested after different values.

The middleframe contains the sensor array and now it works as expected.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    01-17-15 07:27 AM
    I just replaced the middleframe on my Z30 because it didn't turn off the screen during calls.

BBVE passed all tests.

BlackBerry confirmed after some debugging that the sensor readings were out of the normal range. BBVE however tested after different values.

The middleframe contains the sensor array and now it works as expected.

Posted via CB10
    How difficult is it to replace the middleframe?

Z30STA100-5 /10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    02-10-15 07:27 AM
    Very easy.

10 (identical) screws (TX5 as far as I recall). Remove the display. Remove the MB.
    If you buy middle frame without battery, you'll have to move the battery to the new middelframe.

The most "difficult" part is the small connectors. Take your time to place the connectors correctly, before seating them. Never use excessive force.

See by JC.
    Doggerz likes this.
    02-11-15 02:14 PM
28 12