My wife suddenly has a problem with her Z30.

Without warning, mid-morning, her Z30 (which is always Password Protected) displayed a message saying Enter "Blackberry" into the Password box. Then it wanted her to enter her Blackberry ID, which she couldn't remember. When she got home, we successfully did a Blackberry ID password reset.

Then we tried again on the phone, and entered "Blackberry", then "her new ID", and then her old "device password", when prompted by the Z30 locked screen. For some reason, the Z30 is not recognizing the "device password" that she has been using for well over 1 year.

I then connected the Z30 to Link, and Link says the Z30 is "password locked". When I enter her device password into Link, it still doesn't work. (So we cannot even do a device wipe/factory reset, because it needs the Password)

By the way, I have done several Hard Resets using the Up/Down volume buttons simultaneously. It reboots, but still won't recognize her Password.

We have just 1 more try left before we strike out at 10/10 failed attempts.

Up until this morning, the phone was working normally, without anything unusual.

Has anyone run into this before ? Is there anything else we should do ?

Thank you, guys.
    10-23-15 09:18 PM
    The exact same thing happened to my wife with her classic. We never figured out the cause, reset the ID PW a dozen times and finally had to wipe the phone - its been fine since. Sorry...

X
    10-23-15 09:26 PM
    There is no relationship between the BBID password and the device password. You do need to remember them both, but resetting the BBID password won't help you with the device password.

Use your last password attempt. If you don't get it right it will do the wipe itself. Since you have the BBID password you will be able to configure the device and restore any back-up you have.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    10-24-15 09:24 AM

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    10-24-15 01:45 PM
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Unfortunately the last password attempt failed and the device is undergoing the wipe. It has been 12 hours and it's still processing the wipe.

It is very strange why this happened to my wife's Z30. She is very careful with it and it has been performing very well over the almost two hours that she has owned it.

In the meantime she is back using her Z10 until we get the Z30 reconfigured again.

If anyone knows how this could have happened I'd like to know so we don't have to go through this hassle again.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 06:36 PM
    Just by touching the screen or having it in a pocket that has thin cloth that touches skin can get the picture password unlock going.

I've had it happen where I've looked at my screen and saw it say I'm on my second or third attempt.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    10-24-15 09:06 PM
    did you try your PIN? my blackberry ID is a long alphanumeric but my phone only accepts my four-digit pin for unlocking my phone. Blackberry calls a PIN a password which confused me one time as I was using pattern lock, but then I remembered setting up a pin and that worked.
    10-24-15 11:14 PM
    Same thing happened to me with my Z30 early this summer. I had the picture password on. Something I'd never done but decided to try it. My 2nd or 3rd day of having it on and I wasn't paying attention and kept trying to unlock it. I think I got to try 6 or 7 maybe and it started asking me to type in my password. Which I thought I was doing. 2 times wrong and suddenly I'm on my last try and it's going to wipe!! I panicked. Had it well over a year, year and a half maybe and hadn't plugged it in and did an actual backup after I transferred from my Bold 9900. I looked for hours and everyone said the same thing. Try your last try and hope you get it. I didn't. At least I still had some contacts from my Bold backup. Now, I've noticed a few posts in various places that suggest that you plug it in and you can do a backup with the desktop software I think it is. Anyone else hear this? Anyways, worth a mention for the next panicked user to try!! Cheers
    11-04-15 04:27 AM
    It could be worth a try. To backup with Link you still need the password but sometimes typing it on a different keyboard is what unlocks your muscle memory.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    11-04-15 03:39 PM
    I was going to suggest you take into consideration upper and lower case but it seems it's already too late.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 03:28 PM
    Mine did that also out of the blue Z30 and I was in Vegas and it wiped and had to start all over but oh well I had a back up
    11-05-15 03:35 PM
    I thought if you had BlackBerry Protect on you could reset the password through the Web portal.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 03:51 PM
    So she's had the phone for a few hours but yet you said she's password protected it for a year. I'm not accusing anybody but something sounds fishy good luck either way.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 03:57 PM
    I thought if you had BlackBerry Protect on you could reset the password through the Web portal.

Posted via CB10
    Yes you can. I just did.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    11-05-15 04:20 PM
    You have to literally put in the word "Password" when it prompts the warning, and THEN put your actual password in.

Happened to my Fiance's Z30.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    11-05-15 04:29 PM