I remove the battery. When connected to the PC, It takes a few seconds, shows me the BlackBerry logo, shows a dead battery then the www.bberror.com/bb10-0020 code.

The Z10 will not boot up with only the battery. So either the battery is toast or something on the mainboard is toast.

I remove the battery and try the Autoloader, but it will not connect to boot rom.

When I have the battery in the Z10, plug into PC, it will not boot to the BlackBerry logo. Autoloader won't connect to boot rom.

I don't have another battery. I am using the same computer, same USB port and same USB cable when I used Autloaders for my Z30, Classic and Passport the past couple of days.

When the battery is in the Z10, and plugged into a power outlet, the red light stays on for a few minutes, then the red light goes off. Nothing after that. With a power cycle, it won't even boot to BlackBerry logo. Battery needs to be removed, but I get to the same error.

Note, that I bought the Classic, Passport, Z30 and Z10 as "broken" for $20 together. I don't know if it's worth buying a battery just for this or consider it scrap and move on. I got the Classic, Passport and Z30 all Autoloaded and past the BBID problem. So they can all sideload and good to go.

Are they other suggestions on this Z10? Is another battery a MUST for troubleshooting or are there other things I can try?
    02-14-23 08:12 AM
    I'd say if you want to move forward it's a must to have a fresh battery... only you can determine if it's worth it to you.
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    02-14-23 08:19 AM
    .....as above - new battery or recycle the Z10.
    02-14-23 09:52 AM
    I tried something new. Don't know if this will get positive results or not.

I plugged the Z10 into the wall without the battery. Light goes on for a few seconds. Light goes out. BlackBerry logo is displayed.

At this point, I pop the battery in. I get the Dead battery screen, then screen goes off and the charging (green/red slow on, slow off) starts happening.

I will leave it like this for an hour or longer and see if anything changes.
    02-14-23 10:26 AM
    Okay, after a few minutes of charging, the Z10 jumps to a www.bberror.com/bb10-0015 screen. If I unplug from the wall, the phone stays on with the current battery.

If I leave it for a few minutes, it switches back to charging. I will keep it like this for now.
    Last edited by DOCTOREVIL8; 02-14-23 at 11:04 AM.
    02-14-23 10:41 AM
    Okay, after a few minutes of charging, the Z10 jumps to a www.bberror.com/bb10-0015 screen. If I unplug from the wall, the phone stays on with the current battery.

If I leave it for a few minutes, it switches back to charging. I will keep it like this for now.
    Keeping the phone in charging mode seems to charge the battery. Surprise!!!

No amount of cords, or USB ports can get the Autoloader to connect to the bootrom to fix this badboy.
    02-14-23 02:09 PM
    Update. Over a year later. Found this phone yesterday. Decided to plug in and try autoloader. The autoloader worked. Then I try to boot the phone and BB10-0020. Good grief.

So I leave it plugged in to hopefully charge for a few minutes. Tried to restart again, same error.

Then decided to try something. Hold the Power Button, Vol Down and Vol Up at the same time. Same method I use to bypass Protect on all my BB10 device.

After the Z10 powers down, it boots right into setup. BAM. I am in business.
    03-21-24 06:32 AM