Problem solved for sync with Outlook. I too liked to use the usb cable. I am thoroughly impressed with the Z10 and this is the only problem thus far. I bought Companion link and didn't realize that the app is note approved yet. I found these instructions to setup and sync with outlook.com and was hesitant at first, but I have to admit this is very slick and much better. Here are the instructions, good luck
    In Outlook 2010 Choose File, Add Account, Insert your name, email address and password. The account should set up automatically as it is an outlook.com account. If you then go into calendar, create a new calendar by choosing Folder, New Calendar. You may find that this sets up automatically, to check whether it is the outlook.com calendar right click and go to properties and you should see what account it’s attached to. That will then be your calendar that syncs. Just test it first by putting in an appointment. If you haven’t already done so add the outlook.com account on your Z10, again it should automatically sync your calendar from Outlook. Once I knew it was working I copied all my appointments from my main calendar to my new one – you have to change to list view to do this – just press Ctrl A, Ctrl C to copy then click on your new calendar and press Ctrl V to paste. I would give it about 15 minutes as it doesn’t sync immediately. Good luck PS I did get a Twitter message from Blackberry Help that they are working to get this problem fixed later in the year.
    OH Wow, LATER this year???? That doesn't look good for all the million current threads on this issue. IF it's true.
    02-09-13 01:39 AM
    Problem solved for sync with Outlook. I too liked to use the usb cable. I am thoroughly impressed with the Z10 and this is the only problem thus far. I bought Companion link and didn't realize that the app is note approved yet. I found these instructions to setup and sync with outlook.com and was hesitant at first, but I have to admit this is very slick and much better. Here are the instructions, good luck
    In Outlook 2010 Choose File, Add Account, Insert your name, email address and password. The account should set up automatically as it is an outlook.com account. If you then go into calendar, create a new calendar by choosing Folder, New Calendar. You may find that this sets up automatically, to check whether it is the outlook.com calendar right click and go to properties and you should see what account it�s attached to. That will then be your calendar that syncs. Just test it first by putting in an appointment. If you haven�t already done so add the outlook.com account on your Z10, again it should automatically sync your calendar from Outlook. Once I knew it was working I copied all my appointments from my main calendar to my new one � you have to change to list view to do this � just press Ctrl A, Ctrl C to copy then click on your new calendar and press Ctrl V to paste. I would give it about 15 minutes as it doesn�t sync immediately. Good luck PS I did get a Twitter message from Blackberry Help that they are working to get this problem fixed later in the year.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Your post provided me the missing bit of info I needed to make this work. It was copying and pasting the calendar that did it. I've been reading for 3 days, lol, and never found this tidbit before. I don't have the Z10 yet, but did this on my PlayBook so I will be ready when I get my Z10. @VZW - can you hear me now?
    02-09-13 02:04 AM
    For many users for various reasons, using Outlook.com as an intermediary is not a resolution to the lack of desktop sync.

Can we please keep this on the topic of the missing Office Outlook desktop/USB synchronization?

Thank you.
    Rooster99 likes this.
    02-09-13 02:30 AM
    Thanks-will look at it-but we have 3 main calendars that 3 of us rely on and our 7 staff rely on to determine if we are available for appointments-where we might be and often the appointments contain personal information re: subject matter of appointments etc. The 3 calendars are shared between 10 of us. Your outlook.com solution likely works to keep an individual calendar. RIght now I'm debating swapping my new Z10 with my wife's Torch as I gave mine away already. Its not just the calendar-tasks are also shared the same way and notes is no longer available as well. So now I have to carry my laptop with me to see appointments, tasks etc. as it will be synced with Exchange Server. Wow I won't be waiting until the end of the year to find a solution-guess I'm giving my wife my Z10 as she doesn't need or use the calendar.
    02-09-13 06:40 AM
    Not sure if it is available with SBS-thanks for a possible solution-Blackberry Desktop Manager and syncing worked so well with the 8830 and the Torch-I had long deleted Activesync from the past 3 laptops.
    We may be talking at cross purposes, I'm referring to the element of Exchange server known as ActiveSynv. It allows mobile devices to sync over the air with exchange.
    02-09-13 06:53 AM
    Well I came on here looking for a temporary solution until the problem is fixed. How many times do we need to repeat that there is no USB sync? Some people want a solution to the problem.and that is what was provided.
    northernrds likes this.
    02-09-13 10:38 AM
    Yes you can create and sync multiple calenders not sure about the notes but there is to do lists.
    02-09-13 10:45 AM
    Thanks-will look into it further-we have never allowed any remote access to our office server for security reasons. Calendar sync is important but the Contacts sync and Task sync are just as important. Data transfer from the Z10 worked great for everything else but calendar and contacts-my BBM contacts were saved-but they are only personal friends not business contacts. Email setup for 5 accounts was easy and without problems.

Anyway I love the Z10 for everything else-but if I knew yesterday what I know today-I would have kept my Torch for a while longer until Blackberry has a fix or advises that it is what it is and there is not going to be a fix. I haven't lost my contacts or calendar as they are on our Server and on my laptop-I relied on my Blackberry in the evenings, on weekends etc. and in my car to connect to my contact list handsfree with Bluetooth-now that list doesn't exist on the Z10.
    The reason that one sees so many "new posters" is likely for the reason that in the past we didn't have any of these issues with the basic needs and uses of our phones. I for one have had 4 Blackberry's & own a Playbook and love it (at least I think I do-haven't turned it on since I got the Z10 so hopefully bridge works fine.) I even bought a Playbook for my grandson for Christmas. Right now I think I will get my wife's Torch no. changed and give her my Z10-I really don't have the time or patience for these "temporary" solutions. Z10 is certainly a great phone-better than the Torch but the functionality that I expected to continue is not there for me-sorry! But it would have to not even turn-on before I would abandon the Blackberry for an I-Phone!!
    Btop likes this.
    02-09-13 11:19 AM
    lunaticwithin
    I've looked into the BIS (as opposed to BES) and found the following information-BlackBerry 10 with Exchange ActiveSync
    From another site a Z10 User writes the following:

"A couple years ago my company added an Exchange server that gave employees access via mobile devices. Our company has a full BYOD policy for smartphones with the majority using iPhones, a couple Android users, and a couple Windows Phone users. No one has used a BlackBerry due to the limitations of BIS. With a small IT staff, BYOD smartphone policy, and no user requests for BlackBerry devices we have not been interested in investing in a BES.
    I enjoyed using the BlackBerry PlayBook with Exchange ActiveSync and was seriously hoping this would extend to BlackBerry 10. After getting the Z10 in hand and going through the account setup, I was thrilled to see EAS supported out of the box. My email, calendar, tasks, and memos now sync wirelessly on the Z10."

I have decided that before I give up my Z10 to my wife I will attempt with our IT person to do the same with our Exchange Server although I'm not real excited about remote access to our server for security reasons. But this doesn't solve the problem for other Crackberry Newbie's that use Outlook without an Exchange Server and can no longer sync using a USB connection and fully expected the Z10 to support syncing to Outlook calendar, contacts & tasks.

Lastly if Blackberry does monitor this forum it would certainly be helpful if they candidly answered the following questions asap:

1. Have they decided not to support through desktop management software or the new Blackberry 10 link software any direct syncing of Outlook (via USB) main features-namely, calendar, contacts and tasks?
    If not, why not? And If they intend to continue to support USB syncing, when might that "fix" be forthcoming? (Someone mentioned they were speaking to someone at Blackberry and a fix would be available later this year-is that factual or is someone just blowing smoke........?)

2. Is Blackberry's intent to let 3rd party developers create syncing of Outlook features with both Blackberry 10 phones and the Playbook as well?

3. Will BIS syncing continue to be supported for Blackberry 10 phones and the Playbook or do they intend to let such functionality be farmed out to 3rd party software developers? I'm assuming BES will continue to be supported by Blackberry?

Sorry for being such a pest but Outlook syncing of calendar, contacts and tasks is much more important than syncing the 3,000+ songs I have on the Z10 that I only listen to when I'm on vacation and certainly more important than "writing a story"!! Thanks again for your suggestion this morning and will let you know how it turns out!
    Vern K99 likes this.
    02-09-13 07:03 PM
    "meh.. if ur work uses outlook it should be setup on BES10.. maybe i am being naive as i haven't heard of people syncing vis USB to DM to sync outlook in a while... that would be a MAJOR MAJOR pain!"

Actually it wasn't a pain-very quick and efficient. Are you insinuating that I am an I-phone user. I have never owned or have any intention of owning an I-phone-anyway so they add crap games and other stupid programs that the majority of business people are never going to use. I have no need for 10 apps let alone 70,000 apps. I want apps that satisfy my needs and right now the Z10 does not satisfy my needs and that of my business- the rest of it is great-I love its look and feel but for my business needs it sucks!!! If Blackberry intends to cater only to large businesses that have BES systems then perhaps our loyalty has been misguided! Its impossible to please everyone but it sure the ---- would have been relatively simple to continue synching with Outlook as every Blackberry has done in the past.
    I see ur point mm didn't mean to offend u in any way.. but hour right about about the smaller business'..

Good luck I hope u get things sorted out. Keep pushing blackberry so they get fix soon for everyone using sync for outlook

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 01:15 AM
    I just bought Companionlink in haste hoping it would resolve the sync issue. Like other business users, I'm sure none of us have the time to be playing around with this thing for a week and based on the "Sync your BB10 w/ Outlook" announcements from the makers of the software, I hoped it would work. In the "fine print", here's what they tell you:
    1) You have to "side load" Companionlink's app (DejaOffice) onto the BB10 in Developer Mode
    2) Even with that, it STILL won't truly sync with your Blackberry. Saying it will is disingenuous - it will sync to their DejaOffice app ON your BB10, not the native Calendar, Contacts, and Notes apps on the device, meaning you have to run everything from inside their app.

Here's what they also don't tell you:
    3) Their app is very cumbersome and painfully slow. I've got over 650 contacts, and it was taking 2-3 seconds for each just to (seemingly) prepare to sync.
    4) I keep getting black screens with their app on my BB10. I've got nothing on my device to interfere with anything they're doing.
    5) A lot of the tips and guides say "Android", not Blackberry. Looks like this was a hasty marketing move to grab quick sales.

My advice is don't waste the money on CompanionLink unless you absolutely have to have your new contacts, calendar, etc. on your BB10. Instead, just suffice with the device transfer from your old Blackberry (if you have one) or do what I'm doing, which is getting ready to return my BB10 to the carrier if I don't hear an answer back from Blackberry. Was very hopeful at first and anticipating getting the device, now I'm extremely disappointed.
    Last edited by Vern K99; 02-13-13 at 01:45 PM. Reason: added more to the lst
    02-13-13 01:40 PM
    I just bought Companionlink in haste hoping it would resolve the sync issue. Like other business users, I'm sure none of us have the time to be playing around with this thing for a week and based on the "Sync your BB10 w/ Outlook" announcements from the makers of the software, I hoped it would work. In the "fine print", here's what they tell you:
    1) You have to "side load" Companionlink's app (DejaOffice) onto the BB10 in Developer Mode
    2) Even with that, it STILL won't truly sync with your Blackberry. Saying it will is disingenuous - it will sync to their DejaOffice app ON your BB10, not the native Calendar, Contacts, and Notes apps on the device, meaning you have to run everything from inside their app.

Here's what they also don't tell you:
    3) Their app is very cumbersome and painfully slow. I've got over 650 contacts, and it was taking 2-3 seconds for each just to (seemingly) prepare to sync.
    4) I keep getting black screens with their app on my BB10. I've got nothing on my device to interfere with anything they're doing.
    5) A lot of the tips and guides say "Android", not Blackberry. Looks like this was a hasty marketing move to grab quick sales.

My advice is don't waste the money on CompanionLink unless you absolutely have to have your new contacts, calendar, etc. on your BB10. Instead, just suffice with the device transfer from your old Blackberry (if you have one) or do what I'm doing, which is getting ready to return my BB10 to the carrier if I don't hear an answer back from Blackberry. Was very hopeful at first and anticipating getting the device, now I'm extremely disappointed.
    From what I've read in other posts, including quotes from the CompanionLink site, sync to native BB10 Contact, Calendar and Tasks won't be available until May. So your experience isn't a surprise.

From the CompanionLink site :

"Direct Sync with Blackberry Hub Contacts and Calendar: Support for BlackBerry Hub Contacts and Hub Calendar can currently be done by synchronizing through a Google account. We are developing a direct link that will not require Google, and plan to release it by May 2013. Support for BB10 Native Contacts and Calendar is expected to be released by May 2013 and will be a free upgrade when it is available." Sync BB10 with Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes -- CompanionLink Software

I've just noticed they don't mention Tasks or Notes, which is NOT a good sign. The devil is always in the details.

- R.
    02-13-13 02:23 PM
    I talked to BB10 support and they said for me to be able to sync to outlook I need BES10!?!? What? I'm so confused.

I have an exchange email and my iPhone4S is seamlessly synced to my Outlook on my desktop. Took 15 seconds to set up. I don't understand why BB10 can't do the same.
    02-13-13 04:13 PM
    I thought that this thread had ended-I have got my Contacts and Calendar now on my Z10-syncing is a little complicated. Used the Outlook Connector-Outlook.com method. Works for now-was able to sync appointments to end of June. All 400 + contacts are now on the Z10 which is much easier to keep up-to-date then the Calendar. Certainly not as easy as the USB sync.

See another thread below that was started today-

"Transfer address book from 9800 to Z10 issue!"
    02-13-13 04:47 PM
    My thoughts exactly, the only time i mate my computer and phone is for music picture or video transfer, and even that is becoming a rare occation with online cloud storage getting bigger and better every year.

"Do not try to sync to outlook.. that is impossible, simply understand that there is no outlook, just the phone" - Matrix reference anyone?
    There are some of us who cannot use the cloud, I cannot because of the UK data protection act, so I. Am hopeful that BB will sync or that they bring out equal software which will replace outlook that is pc based. This must be possible.
    02-13-13 05:12 PM
    I thought that this thread had ended-I have got my Contacts and Calendar now on my Z10-syncing is a little complicated. Used the Outlook Connector-Outlook.com method. Works for now-was able to sync appointments to end of June. All 400 + contacts are now on the Z10 which is much easier to keep up-to-date then the Calendar. Certainly not as easy as the USB sync.

See another thread below that was started today-

"Transfer address book from 9800 to Z10 issue!"
    Thanks for info but this isn't what this thread is about. The focus here is on USB sync, not going through outlook.com.

Thanks - R.
    02-13-13 05:12 PM
    Notice how many of the posters in this thread (BThunderW excluded) don't have a Z10.
    So therefore, they feel free to blast the early adopters who bought a device that doesn't do what they need it to do. Like their old devices did.

Until you have a Zee/Zed 10, you really can't comment on what it does and doesn't do.

It is a good phone - not revolutionary - and filled with compromises.
    When I purchase something I feel it sensible to make sure it will fit my needs. Hopefully it will if so I will purchase.
    02-13-13 05:20 PM
    Why don't you just sync with outlook exchange which is embedded? I fail to see why it is SO ESSENTIAL and THE END OF THE WORLD because you HAVE TO SYNC WITH COMPUTER
    My school uses outlook exchange, and I get it working perfectly over the internet. QNX will automatically pull all your contacts from that account.
    Security is the reason, a blackberry benchmark
    02-13-13 05:31 PM
    As it may be seen in have tried to follow,ow this thread. The essence for me is simple I bought my blackberry because it would connect to my pc as I have to keep my data out of any cloud facility. If it is the case that bb10 will not allow me to connect directly to my contacts and calendar then it will be a deal breaker. As a business man working for myself by myself I need my phone and pc to contain the same information, thankfully for now I am happy to continue with my 9810.
    02-13-13 05:49 PM
    Thanks for info but this isn't what this thread is about. The focus here is on USB sync, not going through outlook.com.

Thanks - R.
    Agreed-that is why I thought this thread was ended-I gave up on USB sync on Sunday as stated in previous posts. Too bad there isn't one thread that deals with syncing Contacts/Calendar from Outlook to the Z10 and the possible options then neither you or I would have to waste time determining whether or not we are in the right thread. I did state that the alternative method was "Certainly not as easy as the USB sync." I think somebody summed it up in this thread days ago-USB sync to the Z10 will not work. I love my Z10-awesome phone-I'm just not overly thrilled that USB sync no longer works!
    02-13-13 06:20 PM
    I just found this out myself, if they don't fix it, like it was in Blackberry Desktop software, then i will be forced to go with an ANdroid product. This is so crazy, so much of what i valued in the BOld is gone now. why can't they jsut take the best of Bold, and implement it into the Z10. Good phone, lousy absolutely lousy features. They better act fast
    02-16-13 04:24 PM
    I just found this out myself, if they don't fix it, like it was in Blackberry Desktop software, then i will be forced to go with an ANdroid product. This is so crazy, so much of what i valued in the BOld is gone now. why can't they jsut take the best of Bold, and implement it into the Z10. Good phone, lousy absolutely lousy features. They better act fast
    Can an Android phone USB sync with Outlook?
    02-16-13 05:12 PM
    Can an Android phone USB sync with Outlook?
    Yes it can.
    02-16-13 05:34 PM
    Blackberry has already said that they will have a solution later this year for syncing with Outlook via USB. Hopefully they will come out with a solution sooner rather than later, as not having this capability is a dealbreaker for many.
    Last edited by web99; 02-16-13 at 05:50 PM.
    02-16-13 05:40 PM
    Yes it can.
    they appear to be in a similar situation to us.

How To: Sync Android With Microsoft Outlook | PCMag.com
    02-16-13 06:02 PM
356 ... 89101112 ...