When that happens, your stuff (calendar, contacts, email) isnt going to disappear from your device. When the outage is over, you'll sync with your phone again -- seamlessly.

I used to sync my iPhone via iTunes, and BB Pearl via DM before that. And then I got moved to the enterprise server at work and was able to use Exchange ActiveSync. Wow. I absolutely love it and would never go back. My personal email resides on outlook.com and gmail and the syncing has been flawless (on my iPhone and PlayBook). I totally get why some people are upset, but I bet some of you (like me) will be happy once you cut the USB syncing cord.
    I am trying to get into your world but have had no luck getting a calendar in 3 places (phone, PB and laptop). I have an @rogers acct which supports yahoo caldav. I set it up on the Z10 but can't seem to get it set up on the playbook even though I'm using the exact same settings. Any tips?
    02-08-13 12:30 PM
    To all the smart clever techno people out there. WE DONT WANT TO SYNC CALNDER TASKS CONTACTS THROUGH GOOGLE OR OUTLOOK.COM WE JUST WANT TO SIMPLY USE THE DESKTOP MANAGER AS WE HAVE DONE FOR YEARS.
    Then your best best is to wait for CompanionLink to come out with their BB10 supported product. It should not be too long. I have a feeling this is not something we'll see in BlackBerry Link anytime soon.
    02-08-13 12:32 PM
    It would be acceptable if they just allowed an import of ics files by link...one extra step with Outlook export but big deal.
    02-08-13 12:53 PM
    It would be acceptable if they just allowed an import of ics files by link...one extra step with Outlook export but big deal.
    How would you sync the phone back to Outlook though?
    02-08-13 01:01 PM
    How would you sync the phone back to Outlook though?
    I guess that would require ics export on the phone but come to think of it, Outlook would end up with duplicates...Never Mind

I pretty much use a one way export currently and don't use the phone to make updates to calendar. So, this would work for me but not what others need.
    02-08-13 01:16 PM
    Ok, After 5 hours on the phone waiting I figure they are well above there head on this one. I am trying to sync my outlook and blackberry 9360 to my new Z10. The Companionlink will not work as the dejaoffice has not been approved by blackberry. I am ready to dump this Z10 and would like any support at all, right at this minute I have no better than a flip phone. My 9360 is head and shoulders above this Z10 in my opinion.
    02-08-13 01:52 PM
    No it would not. Import is not sync.

- R.
    02-08-13 02:18 PM
    FYI - Crackberry is looking into it for us, and Kevin is following up with RIM. Our complaints have been noticed and our advocates are in motion.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...90/index3.html

Would be nice if the manufacturer communicated, though. You know - "Customer relations"?

- R.
    Zildjian71 likes this.
    02-08-13 02:22 PM
    Ok, After 5 hours on the phone waiting I figure they are well above there head on this one. I am trying to sync my outlook and blackberry 9360 to my new Z10. The Companionlink will not work as the dejaoffice has not been approved by blackberry. I am ready to dump this Z10 and would like any support at all, right at this minute I have no better than a flip phone. My 9360 is head and shoulders above this Z10 in my opinion.
    Has anyone tried the free trial that appears on the CompanionLink web site?

Sync BB10 with Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes -- CompanionLink Software
    02-08-13 02:23 PM
    Has anyone tried the free trial that appears on the CompanionLink web site?

Sync BB10 with Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes -- CompanionLink Software
    Their app (on the phone-end) hasn't been approved in BB World yet. Can't really make much use of the PC-end software without having the app for the phone...
    02-08-13 02:24 PM
    Their app (on the phone-end) hasn't been approved in BB World yet. Can't really make much use of the PC-end software without having the app for the phone...
    Are we sure about that? I have used their software in the past and there was no BB side software, just PC side. They are going to have a BB side app but is that going to provide extras or is it required to sync with Outlook. The link I posted above doesn't say you need DejaOffice.
    02-08-13 02:33 PM
    It has been posted many times that their app is not approved or available.
    From Sync calendar, contacts, tasks and notes to Android, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry - CompanionLink

Availability: Direct CompanionLink Sync will be available when our DejaOffice app is approved in the BlackBerry World app store. This approval is pending. Please bookmark this page as we will change this notice as soon as our app gets approved. Until then, CompanionLink can be used to synchronize to any Google account, which will connect to BlackBerry 10 devices.

Direct Sync with Blackberry Hub: Support for BlackBerry Hub Contacts and Hub Calendar can currently be done by synchronizing through a Google account. We are developing a direct link that will not require Google, and plan to release it by May 2013. Support for BB10 Native Contacts and Calendar is expected to be released by May 2013 and will be a free upgrade when it is available.

-----------------------

Please, everyone who needs this OR is recommending this - check out the web site first.
    It is not an option today.
    PJD642 likes this.
    02-08-13 02:58 PM
    It has been posted many times that their app is not approved or available.
    From Sync calendar, contacts, tasks and notes to Android, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry - CompanionLink

Availability: Direct CompanionLink Sync will be available when our DejaOffice app is approved in the BlackBerry World app store. This approval is pending. Please bookmark this page as we will change this notice as soon as our app gets approved. Until then, CompanionLink can be used to synchronize to any Google account, which will connect to BlackBerry 10 devices.

Direct Sync with Blackberry Hub: Support for BlackBerry Hub Contacts and Hub Calendar can currently be done by synchronizing through a Google account. We are developing a direct link that will not require Google, and plan to release it by May 2013. Support for BB10 Native Contacts and Calendar is expected to be released by May 2013 and will be a free upgrade when it is available.

-----------------------

Please, everyone who needs this OR is recommending this - check out the web site first.
    It is not an option today.
    Direct statement from CompanionLink sales:

Thank you for contacting CompanionLink. To sync both Outlook and ACT! to the Z10 you will need CompanionLink Professional 5.0. You can do a two way sync between Z10 and Outlook calendar (without duplicates) and you can do a one way sync from ACT! to the Z10 contacts.

No mention of needing DejaOffice as a mandatory feature for using sync with Outlook (or ACT!). I would almost guarantee that it is needed for integration with Hub.
    02-08-13 03:15 PM
    Thank god I found this thread, I was just about to go buy one today after work. Like the people in this thread I work for a major corporation who has blocked outlook.com, gmail.com and every other means of getting data out of the enterprise. Unless I get a corporate Blackberry I must sync my calender via usb cable of Bluetooth. Corporations, especially F.I's, do not take kindly to having their data placed on third party servers. This was easily accomplished on my 9800 with Blackberry Desktop, hopefully Blackberry fixes up and patches this somehow.
    02-08-13 05:59 PM
    Bought the Z10 today-snow-storm made it easy-no line-ups. Great phone-bluetooth setup went smooth to handsfree in vehicle-love the look, feel etc.
    Connected to my laptop this afternoon after installing the link software and then spent some time trying to find the option to sync-contacts, calendar, tasks and notes as I have done
    with at least 3 or 4 blackberry models in the past.

Frustrated and googled to find this forum. This is absolutely crazy-what world are these people in-I had activesync to sync my HP Jornada 10 years ago. I couldn't care
    less about syncing my pictures etc., music etc. I don't have time for playing games etc. We have an office of 10 people-we run Small Business Server with Exchange Server-Outlook 2010-
    3 of us keep separate calendars which are available to our 7 assistants to make appointments and to know if we are available or not. The calendar sync and the sharing of our calendars is one of the most crucial elements of our business as well as the Contacts lists that are shared as well. In the past if we were out of the office we would make appointment changes/additions and they would immediately be synced when we connected to our computers at the office upon our return. Tasks are also shared with our Assistants and synced automatically as well as 3 individual contact lists. I have moved all my data from my Torch to the Z10-I won't be returning it but I will not be updating my partners phones anytime soon as I originally intended to do. The non-outlook sync unfortunately for our business is a deal-breaker and I'm not about to change a good-working Outlook system of synchonizing Calendars, Tasks, Notes, and Contacts. I will find a way to work around it myself but I am really disappointed that Blackberry is so out of touch with its loyal users. I doubt that I will buy a 3rd party app. Why doesn't Blackberry desktop manager work with the Z10? I cannot belief we didn't hear about this omission of syncing Outlook before the launch. Maybe Blackberry will fix this omission quickly-right now I've decided not to tell my partners that I now have an new device but can't see a synced calendar, synced tasks or synced contact listings.
    02-08-13 08:13 PM
    Hopefully BlackBerry really is reading these forums as Kevin indicated and can respond to this soon... or at least give us a heads up on a road map plan...
    02-08-13 08:38 PM
    Bought the Z10 today-snow-storm made it easy-no line-ups. Great phone-bluetooth setup went smooth to handsfree in vehicle-love the look, feel etc.
    Connected to my laptop this afternoon after installing the link software and then spent some time trying to find the option to sync-contacts, calendar, tasks and notes as I have done
    with at least 3 or 4 blackberry models in the past.

Frustrated and googled to find this forum. This is absolutely crazy-what world are these people in-I had activesync to sync my HP Jornada 10 years ago. I couldn't care
    less about syncing my pictures etc., music etc. I don't have time for playing games etc. We have an office of 10 people-we run Small Business Server with Exchange Server-Outlook 2010-
    3 of us keep separate calendars which are available to our 7 assistants to make appointments and to know if we are available or not. The calendar sync and the sharing of our calendars is one of the most crucial elements of our business as well as the Contacts lists that are shared as well. In the past if we were out of the office we would make appointment changes/additions and they would immediately be synced when we connected to our computers at the office upon our return. Tasks are also shared with our Assistants and synced automatically as well as 3 individual contact lists. I have moved all my data from my Torch to the Z10-I won't be returning it but I will not be updating my partners phones anytime soon as I originally intended to do. The non-outlook sync unfortunately for our business is a deal-breaker and I'm not about to change a good-working Outlook system of synchonizing Calendars, Tasks, Notes, and Contacts. I will find a way to work around it myself but I am really disappointed that Blackberry is so out of touch with its loyal users. I doubt that I will buy a 3rd party app. Why doesn't Blackberry desktop manager work with the Z10? I cannot belief we didn't hear about this omission of syncing Outlook before the launch. Maybe Blackberry will fix this omission quickly-right now I've decided not to tell my partners that I now have an new device but can't see a synced calendar, synced tasks or synced contact listings.
    Is ActiveSync not available with SBS so you can sync this all over the air along with your email?
    Iamanonymous62 likes this.
    02-08-13 08:42 PM
    Just to for clarification - from reading this string, I have 1 question: Is it true or false that the Z10 cannot sync with Outlook calendar and contacts directly from a PC?

The reason I ask is that I was looking forward to the Z10 as an upgrade to my Bold 9930, but if I have to use the "cloud" to do a sync or use a google calendar, this is definitely a deal breaker for small business users that relied upon USB syncing to keep your calendar, appointments and contacts current.
    02-08-13 08:55 PM
    Is ActiveSync not available with SBS so you can sync this all over the air along with your email?
    Not sure if it is available with SBS-thanks for a possible solution-Blackberry Desktop Manager and syncing worked so well with the 8830 and the Torch-I had long deleted Activesync from the past 3 laptops.
    02-08-13 09:07 PM
    Outlook syncing is not an option with the Blackberry 10 link software. I know that the Desktop Manager for the previous OS 7.1 doesn't work with the Z10 so syncing is not available as in the past with simple USB connection or Bluetooth. If Blackberry does monitor this forum you would think that we would get some kind of official response asap. There is some 3rd party software with a 14 day trial. RIght now I have no intention of trying it or buying it. If there is another simple solution I personally don't know what it is. It was so simple and efficient before to sync a Blackberry-(it was easy syncing an old Phillips Hand-held with ActiveSync 15 years ago) I guess I will be calling my office often until there is a solution to check my appointments on the shared calendar that our staff and partners use many, many times a day.
    02-08-13 09:19 PM
    meh.. if ur work uses outlook it should be setup on BES10.. maybe i am being naive as i haven't heard of people syncing vis USB to DM to sync outlook in a while... that would be a MAJOR MAJOR pain!

i use outlook 2013 at work and everything is done through the BES so emails, calendar, tasks, memos, remote look up for contacts all done without a USB.. very nice and efficient!

sorry to hear about your woes... when you adopt a new technology or platform your bound to bump into something small or big that prevents you from using it the way you used to!

it's just like Google disabling Active Sync... why would they do that? musta pissed off a lot of people.. same ****.. it;s a choice made by a company that feels it was a better decision to with it.. where it might hurt the customers more... but in the end it's about where to put the $$$... personally i'd rather satisfy the 70% rather then the 30% because unless i am WRONG... i am sure WAY more people are syncing through clouds, wireless, bes, etc then via USB ...

but i do unstand where you are coming from... I use ROGERS mail for my primary.. guess what? they use yahoo to drive it and YAHOO does not have IMAP-PUSH or active sync.... which SUCKS! so now i have to forward my emails to my outlook.com address and i can't even choose the reply from address to be my @Rogers.com email... so basically all i am using @rogers.com for is so that people don't have to update their address books .. this is a major issue for me, but the UX and the UI and the peek and flow, and just everything about this phone is better then my Nexus 4 and my S3... hence i will be happy now with my work around....

good luck with your iphone... it suits the way you use your phone very well... SYNC EVERYTHING through itunes via USB.. cause icloud isn't that great!
    02-08-13 09:38 PM
    meh.. if ur work uses outlook it should be setup on BES10..
    Why would you say that?
    02-08-13 10:01 PM
    "meh.. if ur work uses outlook it should be setup on BES10.. maybe i am being naive as i haven't heard of people syncing vis USB to DM to sync outlook in a while... that would be a MAJOR MAJOR pain!"

Actually it wasn't a pain-very quick and efficient. Are you insinuating that I am an I-phone user. I have never owned or have any intention of owning an I-phone-anyway so they add crap games and other stupid programs that the majority of business people are never going to use. I have no need for 10 apps let alone 70,000 apps. I want apps that satisfy my needs and right now the Z10 does not satisfy my needs and that of my business- the rest of it is great-I love its look and feel but for my business needs it sucks!!! If Blackberry intends to cater only to large businesses that have BES systems then perhaps our loyalty has been misguided! Its impossible to please everyone but it sure the ---- would have been relatively simple to continue synching with Outlook as every Blackberry has done in the past.
    02-08-13 10:32 PM
    Hopefully BlackBerry really is reading these forums as Kevin indicated and can respond to this soon... or at least give us a heads up on a road map plan...
    Lol Ya I wouldn't hold your breath. What is see is an effort to be bought. I do not see a company fighting for life. I'm a huge BlackBerry supporter/user but I have to say that I do not like this quiet/shhhhhh/hush-hush/down-low/just ignore your customers BlackBerry.

Bring back RIM!

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    02-08-13 11:32 PM
    Problem solved for sync with Outlook. I too liked to use the usb cable. I am thoroughly impressed with the Z10 and this is the only problem thus far. I bought Companion link and didn't realize that the app is note approved yet. I found these instructions to setup and sync with outlook.com and was hesitant at first, but I have to admit this is very slick and much better. Here are the instructions, good luck
    In Outlook 2010 Choose File, Add Account, Insert your name, email address and password. The account should set up automatically as it is an outlook.com account. If you then go into calendar, create a new calendar by choosing Folder, New Calendar. You may find that this sets up automatically, to check whether it is the outlook.com calendar right click and go to properties and you should see what account it�s attached to. That will then be your calendar that syncs. Just test it first by putting in an appointment. If you haven�t already done so add the outlook.com account on your Z10, again it should automatically sync your calendar from Outlook. Once I knew it was working I copied all my appointments from my main calendar to my new one � you have to change to list view to do this � just press Ctrl A, Ctrl C to copy then click on your new calendar and press Ctrl V to paste. I would give it about 15 minutes as it doesn�t sync immediately. Good luck PS I did get a Twitter message from Blackberry Help that they are working to get this problem fixed later in the year.
    suzicat, Jake-44 and web99 like this.
    02-08-13 11:50 PM
356 ... 7891011 ...