02-07-13 11:58 AM
    I can sync my desktop Outlook calendar to my existing Hotmail account on Outlook.com and then pull that calendar to my Z10? That could work. Is there a guide on how to set this up? I don't have Exchange.
    Yes you can. This is what I'm trying out now. You simply create an outlook.com ID (or migrate your old Hotmail one) and then add that email to your local Outlook installation. The wizard will recognize the outlook.com domain and create the .ost file. You will then have a full set of inbox, calendar, contacts and tasks for the outlook.com email address. You can then export/import your current calendar items to the local outlook.com one, same for contacts and tasks if you wish. Then, when you to an Outlook client sync (F9) it will sync up with the outlook.com account.

To set it up on your Z10, simply add your outlook.com account (Hotmail profile in the add account applet) and tell it to sync the items you want (mail, calendar, contacts, tasks).

For those that want Outlook client sync right now, this is the best option if you dont' want to wait for BB to add it to BlackBerry Link or pay for CompanionLink when they deliver their product.
    02-07-13 12:02 PM
    Yes you can. This is what I'm trying out now. You simply create an outlook.com ID (or migrate your old Hotmail one) and then add that email to your local Outlook installation. The wizard will recognize the outlook.com domain and create the .ost file. You will then have a full set of inbox, calendar, contacts and tasks for the outlook.com email address. You can then export/import your current calendar items to the local outlook.com one, same for contacts and tasks if you wish. Then, when you to an Outlook client sync (F9) it will sync up with the outlook.com account.

To set it up on your Z10, simply add your outlook.com account (Hotmail profile in the add account applet) and tell it to sync the items you want (mail, calendar, contacts, tasks).

For those that want Outlook client sync right now, this is the best option if you dont' want to wait for BB to add it to BlackBerry Link or pay for CompanionLink when they deliver their product.
    Thanks for the post. So the Outlook desktop calendar will automatically start syncing with the Outlook.com calendar if I do it that way? I can't switch to the Outlook.com calendar as my main work calendar because other people have access to my work calendar to put appointments in it, etc.
    02-07-13 12:11 PM
    Thanks for the post. So the Outlook desktop calendar will automatically start syncing with the Outlook.com calendar if I do it that way? I can't switch to the Outlook.com calendar as my main work calendar because other people have access to my work calendar to put appointments in it, etc.
    I'm in the same situation, I will give it a try BUT if I was to try to roll this out amongst my staff team it wouldn't be easy.

I called my supplier Vodafone about this, they have acknowledged it is a real problem and are receiving 'large levels of feedback' about it. They talked me through a fix similar to above e.g. gmail calendar. But seemed to think BB would have to update to include Outlook sync.
    02-07-13 12:34 PM

I'm not sure if the F9 function sync calendars as well. Mine is only doing tasks it seems.
    02-07-13 12:36 PM
    I'm not sure if the F9 function sync calendars as well. Mine is only doing tasks it seems.
    You can add/remove items that are sync'd by the F9 key in one of the options menus. My setup syncs calendar items as well.
    02-07-13 01:01 PM
    Companion Link has a sync Option ready for BB10 and Outlook desktop and is waiting for BB approval. Should be ready from BB world soon. It is a real shame that this option was not included within BlackBerry Link. This is a big screw up by BB. Also BlackBerry Link I really sucks, talk about lame, it needs a lot of additions. No podcast support, no interface linking to BB App World and I could go on. On the plus it does link to BB10 which Keys never did when it first came out.
    02-07-13 01:10 PM
    You can add/remove items that are sync'd by the F9 key in one of the options menus. My setup syncs calendar items as well.
    Sucks... in Send/Receive settings, under folder options, I only have "Inbox" to select from. Is this where you're able to see Calendar as well?
    02-07-13 01:16 PM
    So does anyone have a non-Softonic link to Google Calendar sync?
    02-07-13 01:21 PM
    CompanionLink also turns a $149 phone on a three year contract into a $199 phone.

This should have been baked into the phone, you don't build a smartphone that can't sync with common desktop calendars and contacts.
    02-07-13 02:09 PM
    As said recently posted Companion Link (Sync BB10 with Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes -- CompanionLink Software) looks like our best bet for this issue... $50 or not... If it works... it's WORTH IT to make our blackberry's work as they did...

---you will have to rip my Blackberry out of my cold dead hands---
    02-07-13 03:05 PM
    I pretty much blew a gasket once I learned that Z10 wouldn't sync to Microsoft Outlook. I kept with with Blackberry because I wanted a business phone that can be scaled to meet the needs of small business. The phone I bought is a glorified iphone (Sorry iphone users), with no business functionality on Blackberry Link. Anyways I found a company that may be able to help, but their app hasnt been approved by Blackberry yet. Since Blackberry doesnt seem to have a feedback forum I am hoping their developers will read this and fast tract Compaion Link and DejaOffice asap. Upon contacting the company they cant continue because they do not have a Z10 to test it out. How can developers create, if blackberry cant release the materials (phones) needed for them to test their apps.
    aargy likes this.
    02-07-13 03:12 PM
    This should have been baked into the phone, you don't build a smartphone that can't sync with common desktop calendars and contacts.
    Then why is this absent from so many smartphones?

It doesn't work in iOS (I double-checked), nor does it work in Android. It doesn't work in BB10 either, though that actually is surprising.

It may be an oversight on everyone's part, but the fix is the same in every case: Use outlook.com or a third-party tool like CompanionLink.

If this feature is a deal-breaker for you, you're going to find yourself completely out of the smartphone market!
    02-07-13 03:26 PM
    Then why is this absent from so many smartphones?

It doesn't work in iOS (I double-checked), nor does it work in Android. It doesn't work in BB10 either, though that actually is surprising.

It may be an oversight on everyone's part, but the fix is the same in every case: Use outlook.com or a third-party tool like CompanionLink.

If this feature is a deal-breaker for you, you're going to find yourself completely out of the smartphone market!
    Not if you stay with the current devices ....

Frustrating, normally when a completely new tech device is being developed you get a little info during development stage and then get blown away when it gets released. With the Z10 it looks to be the other way around. For months they have been busy getting people enthusiastic. Sadly enough shortly after release frustrations are growing and growing.

I also find it quite annoying RIM is not answering this issue as a lot of people are now left behind confused ...
    02-07-13 03:36 PM
    It most certainly does work on iOS. Here and Here

Why is it so difficult to understand? Not everyone wants to upload their address books and calendars to "the cloud". This isn't a "fix", it's a half-baked workaround to a problem that shouldn't exist.
    ppeters914, netnative and aargy like this.
    02-07-13 03:37 PM
    I think the Superbowl "What can't it do" commercial was missing a few things...
    02-07-13 03:44 PM
    02-07-13 03:45 PM
    It most certainly does work on iOS. Here and Here
    It used to work. It does not work any longer.

See here:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=15&tstart=0
    02-07-13 04:07 PM
    It used to work. It does not work any longer.

See here:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=15&tstart=0
    Apple can get away with pretty much everything these days because ZOMG IT'S AN IPHONE!!!!!! GIMMEE MOAR!

Go ahead, stick your head in the cloud. I prefer to deal with reality and the reality is that many, many people will not or cannot copy data to the same cloud RIM execs seem to have their heads in.
    aargy and Flatman like this.
    02-07-13 04:12 PM
    Apple can get away with pretty much everything these days because ZOMG IT'S AN IPHONE!!!!!! GIMMEE MOAR!

Go ahead, stick your head in the cloud. I prefer to deal with reality and the reality is that many, many people will not or cannot copy data to the same cloud RIM execs seem to have their heads in.
    The point, of course, is that while it's unfortunate that the feature has gone missing, it is NOT a feature that other platforms are offering.

Put some pressure BlackBerry to try to get them to implement local outlook sync in BlackBerry Link. Hit the support forms. Get other users to help flood them with requests! That's all you can do.
    Complaining here won't do anything but make you feel a little better

Let's also not pretend that this will push people off the platform and on to the competition, which has the exact same problem! Like I said before, if you want this feature, grab a 9900. It's a great phone. If this feature is a deal-breaker, you're completely out of the modern smartphone game as no one else offers local outlook sync!
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    02-07-13 04:31 PM
    I just confirmed the same with Blackberry Tech support... So now the question is... what are the options other than taking the Z10 back and getting a 9900?
    02-07-13 04:35 PM
    I just confirmed the same with Blackberry Tech support... So now the question is... what are the options other than taking the Z10 back and getting a 9900?
    Spend $50 on the CompanionLink software
    02-07-13 04:43 PM
    The point, of course, is that while it's unfortunate that the feature has gone missing, it is NOT a feature that other platforms are offering.

Put some pressure BlackBerry to try to get them to implement local outlook sync in BlackBerry Link. Hit the support forms. Get other users to help flood them with requests! That's all you can do.
    Complaining here won't do anything but make you feel a little better

Let's also not pretend that this will push people off the platform and on to the competition, which has the exact same problem! Like I said before, if you want this feature, grab a 9900. It's a great phone. If this feature is a deal-breaker, you're completely out of the modern smartphone game as no one else offers local outlook sync!
    Not sure why some folk are saying that iOS no longer offers local contact syncing - they most certainly DO still offer this. I am currently syncing my iPhone 4 on iOS6.1 and the latest iTunes and it allows me to sync Contacts, Calendars, Notes with local Outlook. The removal of this feature from Blackberry Desktop Software/Blackberry Link is a giant leap backward.
    richardat and Flatman like this.
    02-07-13 05:10 PM
    CompanionLink is a powerful and flexible product. I have been a happy user (BB9700 and ACT!) for years). Expect to continue to use it when I migrate to Android later this month - I cannot wait more months for Z10 to come to US.
    02-07-13 05:21 PM
    I pretty much blew a gasket once I learned that Z10 wouldn't sync to Microsoft Outlook. I kept with with Blackberry because I wanted a business phone that can be scaled to meet the needs of small business. The phone I bought is a glorified iphone (Sorry iphone users), with no business functionality on Blackberry Link. Anyways I found a company that may be able to help, but their app hasnt been approved by Blackberry yet. Since Blackberry doesnt seem to have a feedback forum I am hoping their developers will read this and fast tract Compaion Link and DejaOffice asap. Upon contacting the company they cant continue because they do not have a Z10 to test it out. How can developers create, if blackberry cant release the materials (phones) needed for them to test their apps.
    Thousands of developer phones were given to developers. All they have to do is ask?
    mcmolineux likes this.
    02-07-13 05:50 PM
356 ... 56789 ...