Thank you.....I am using Windows 7 and Outlook 2013
    02-06-13 08:20 AM
    CompanionLink is already advertising their BB10 solution.
    So now you can pay for something that was free before.
    DPSydBerry likes this.
    02-06-13 08:22 AM
    I have seen this but not tried it but yes the programme costs $50 but I understand it syncs the Outlook data to their progrmme on the Z10 not to my contacts, calendar
    02-06-13 08:24 AM
    No it seems to be just a way to sync the two:

Sync BB10 with Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes -- CompanionLink Software

You can get a $12 discount if you buy now, they also give a 90 day money back promise.
    tjodalv likes this.
    02-06-13 08:34 AM
    Posters in this thread need to realize the question is around syncing with the Outlook PC client - - not outlook.com email addresses (that's easy, just done like any other email address). Outlook Desktop email/calendar/contacts used to be able to be manually synced using the BB Desktop Manager, but now that functionality has not been included with the new BB Link software, leaving users a bit confused as to what to do.

There are several threads on this topic, so I hope Kevin and the CrackBerry crew address it soon and offer up a How To on the front page for a solid work-around. Right now, all I can see is using Gmail Calendar Sync to sync my Outlook calendar to my gmail address. Not really a good option for those who do not wish to use Gmail because they don't want their work/outlook info in the cloud/on gmail servers.
    Actually, I think BB themselves need to step up to the plate here, put out some detailed user guides for these more advanced users needs, to prevent misunderstandings over features/functions/UI philosophy etc turning into "facts" that the competition and their analyst suck-ups then start running with....
    Rooster99 likes this.
    02-06-13 08:37 AM
    the simple truth is that all of the big players are more interested in disconnecting the smartphone from the PC and shifting everyone to the cloud.
    If that's the case then BlackBerry should offer a cloud solution of their own to do this. Why would they drive us to use services from competitors like Google and Microsoft?
    BBMak, Zildjian71 and jko#WN like this.
    02-06-13 08:51 AM
    No it seems to be just a way to sync the two:

Sync BB10 with Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes -- CompanionLink Software

You can get a $12 discount if you buy now, they also give a 90 day money back promise.
    The CompanionLink app that needs to be installed on your BB10 device is not in BBWorld yet. It is called "DejaOffice" and is apparently pending approval.

Also to note, the software can be installed on up to 3 computers, so for $50 - $12 promo divided by 3 = about $13. Not a bad price per user. We use GroupWise and there is an iOS and Android app that syncs them and the app costs $15 ($5 for calendar, $10 for email, I believe). This would be a good solution and not a bad one-time cost. It also offers wireless sync via local wifi and says that full integration with the BB Hub is coming in May 2013.
    02-06-13 08:52 AM
    If that's the case then BlackBerry should offer a cloud solution of their own to do this. Why would they drive us to use services from competitors like Google and Microsoft?
    How could Blackberry ramp up competitive cloud services to compete with gmail or outlook.com in such a short period of time? How would they pay for it? We are talking of massive investment that is frankly better spent on the hardware/software side at the moment. Especially when you consider that they are trying to attract customers who might be happy with outlook.com/gmail and don't want to switch they simply want their device to work with those services.
    02-06-13 09:06 AM
    Actually they should have communicated better what BlackBerry Link can and can't do.
    I think a lot of people were surprised that BlackBerry Link is Zune is sheep's clothing.
    Zildjian71 likes this.
    02-06-13 09:12 AM
    As was the case with the Bold 9000, I want to personally thank each and every one of my early adopting Canadian and British brothers and sisters for beta testing the Z10 for us Amuricans.
    02-06-13 09:30 AM
    I have a Z10 and I just added my Exchange E-mail address under setup and I was good to go from there, all my e-mails/contacts etc. were there. I am on a BES server so that might make a difference but even with Gmail I just added my Gmail address and it worked great. Not sure why I would ever want to plug in my phone to sync anything really.
    02-06-13 09:36 AM
    I am on a BES server so that might make a difference
    Of course it does. And yes Gmail works great, but my work doesn't use Gmail.
    02-06-13 09:53 AM
    How could Blackberry ramp up competitive cloud services to compete with gmail or outlook.com in such a short period of time?
    We don't need anything near that level of functionality at this time. We just need something that syncs basic PIM stuff with a phone.
    02-06-13 09:56 AM
    How did you set up your exchange on BES has your organization converted to BES 10?
    02-06-13 10:16 AM
    Remember that Exchange also supports ActiveSync, so that could be how it is connected.
    02-06-13 10:19 AM
    Why don't you just sync with outlook exchange which is embedded? I fail to see why it is SO ESSENTIAL and THE END OF THE WORLD because you HAVE TO SYNC WITH COMPUTER
    My school uses outlook exchange, and I get it working perfectly over the internet. QNX will automatically pull all your contacts from that account.
    02-06-13 10:25 AM
    Because, school aged person, many people run Microsoft Outlook and have NON EXCHANGE based e-mail., With their ISP, or other POP-3 providers.
    And BlackBerry Desktop Manager, which I guess only OLD PEOPLE used, allowed you to sync you Contacts, Calendar, Notes and Tasks with your old fashioned BlackBerry.
    And now that's gone.
    02-06-13 10:27 AM
    QNX pulls from all web-based providers. I have 5 accounts from different providers (1 is exchange), all of them get their contacts, calender etc pulled to QNX
    02-06-13 10:32 AM
    The question that has not been asked is where the data comes form:
    kayak50; I totaly understand that you used to manually synch emails from Outlook 2013 desktop software to your phone.
    i had a user that used to do that as he did not want to pay for a data plan for his phone. Essentially using his smartphone as a pda.

The question to ask your IT department is why you are stuck with only that option.
    The only way to set a "Work Email" option in BB10 is with BlackBerry Enterprise Server 10
    - This is the only way to activate BlackBerry Balance and divide your phone into Work and Personal areas of your phone.

If your Email comes from a traditional mail server you can still get your email
    Exchange / Office 365 - you can get your email etc through ActiveSync
    POP/IMAP are more traditional email servers such as offered by internet providers. (eg @shaw.net , @ telus.net)
    Webbased email Hotmail/Gmail/Yahoo can also connect on their own.

I was hoping that Office365 and BB cloud services would hook up with BB10 with the same features as BB10. My problem is that no one seems to know what I should put in the server area when trying to activate the "Work Email" option.

Hoping for a speedy update to BB cloud
    02-06-13 10:35 AM
    I am in the same boat. I use Outlook 2013 on my Win8 laptop as my PIM (stand alone, not connected to Exchange - this is the crux of the issue for the OP). I manage my Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Tasks etc... all on that. Prior to my Z10, I sync'd it to my BB9900 via USB using DM. Life was good. But now, BlackBerry Link does not support it. Hopefully support is coming. I've not seen anything yet from BlackBerry regarding a direction or roadmap for that. Companion Link seems to be the only solution that will do what I need, and even it is not ready yet. They will be able to sync via USB to the Z10, but need their DejaOffice app approved for BlackBerry App World first. This approval is supposedly happening very soon. Once it's approved, the software should do what the OP wants. Unfortunately, it's an added cost for something that was free with DM before. This was a big issue for me and my initial fury and anger almost caused me to cancel my Z10 order. But calmer heads prevailed.

For the OP, more info here: Sync BB10 with Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes -- CompanionLink Software

Yes, people still use USB to sync their phones, hard to believe I know. I bet there are a lot more of us out there than most people think. I like Microsoft Outlook as my PIM and have yet to find a "cloud" solution that can offer the same full fledged functionality, number of fields/info for contacts, calendars etc... if there is something out there, let me know and I'll give it a try. I'm sure my "dinosaur" days are limited.
    02-06-13 10:40 AM
    I am also with Bell and my zed 10 will not accept the 9900 transfer. Rather the linc software keeps saying there is an error. Got the contacts to sync via bluetooth, (phone to phone, very nice) but no calendar and no password keeper. I would also love my blackberry travel to sync, but does not look like this app is available for the z10. Crazy about the phone. Just looking to get all my work on it.
    02-06-13 10:51 AM
    same issue here, my Z10 is also Bell and it won't tsf any data from my Bell 9900. Bell tech support says my Z10 is defective so I am returning. Contacts won't come over, texts I only get the headings but not the body or message threads, email won't set up from Outlook or Gmail. Photos and music will come over as it loads onto the new Blackberry Link, but I have not bothered moving those files because it's the email etc that is most important to me.
    Already a thread on this, basically you need a new plan with Bell. They are not letting you go with old plans on LTE
    02-06-13 11:03 AM
    I am in the same boat. I use Outlook 2013 on my Win8 laptop as my PIM (stand alone, not connected to Exchange - this is the crux of the issue for the OP). I manage my Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Tasks etc... all on that. Prior to my Z10, I sync'd it to my BB9900 via USB using DM. Life was good. But now, BlackBerry Link does not support it. Hopefully support is coming. I've not seen anything yet from BlackBerry regarding a direction or roadmap for that. Companion Link seems to be the only solution that will do what I need, and even it is not ready yet. They will be able to sync via USB to the Z10, but need their DejaOffice app approved for BlackBerry App World first. This approval is supposedly happening very soon. Once it's approved, the software should do what the OP wants. Unfortunately, it's an added cost for something that was free with DM before. This was a big issue for me and my initial fury and anger almost caused me to cancel my Z10 order. But calmer heads prevailed.

For the OP, more info here: Sync BB10 with Outlook Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Notes -- CompanionLink Software

Yes, people still use USB to sync their phones, hard to believe I know. I bet there are a lot more of us out there than most people think. I like Microsoft Outlook as my PIM and have yet to find a "cloud" solution that can offer the same full fledged functionality, number of fields/info for contacts, calendars etc... if there is something out there, let me know and I'll give it a try. I'm sure my "dinosaur" days are limited.
    Well put. CompanionLink says that it also offers Local WiFi sync, so you can keep everything up to date by turning on your wifi when you're within range. It also offers support for GroupWise (and many other clients). This app better be approved very soon in BB World. We have about 20 users here who cannot sync their calendars since BB Link doesn't have that functionality any more.

I also can't figure out how to get my PC Outlook calendar to automatically update my Outlook.com calendar (this isn't a BB issue). If I can get my Outlook PC to auto-sync with Outlook.com, then I could add my Outlook.com email to my Z10 and all would be okay. I currently do this with GMail, but would much prefer using Outlook.com. Any help is appreciated.
    02-06-13 11:08 AM
    I was a little concerned seeing the title of this thread. Turns out to be no concern for me.
    The title is a little misleading. Something like "Z10 sucks for ME" might be more appropriate.
    jko#WN and charliechan like this.
    02-06-13 11:21 AM
    Listen up folks, we are not all geeks. Some of us don't even know what The Cloud is. All we want is to be able to transfer contacts and other key information from old phone to new phone. Contacts are very important because manually typing all these in again can take weeks. As of now, I have had my Z10 less than three days and I cannot transfer my Contacts from my Storm 1 to my amazing new Z10. I can't do it via Link, I can't do it via Desktop Manager, I can't do it by -and I apologise for this -the unbelievable old-fashioned way of plugging a USB cable between my PC / Outlook, and my phone. That is the way I have been doing it. It is simple, quick and reliable. To borrow an iPhone cliche, "It just works".

My Blackberry doesn't. That is the WHOLE POINT.

BlackBerry: this is MARKETING ISSUE, not a technical issue. If you want to sell zillions of Z10s, you haven't a hope in **** until you and all your techie employees understand that it isn't so much about the insides of your phone, it is understanding the market and what people want to do with their devices.

Apple understand this perfectly. That is why they -and Samsung - are caning you in the marketplace. If this incompatibility between the Z10 and what was previously a dead simple process that anybody could understand goes viral, it could kill the Z10, just like the maps debacle has severely dented the iPhone 5.

I suggest you start working overtime and get a revised version of Link out very quickly. Meanwhile I am resigned to typing in my contacts one by one on an as-needed basis, something that has taken the shine off what is really a fabulous phone.
    02-06-13 11:38 AM
356 1234 ...