Quick question.

I'm on Verizon and have waited long enough. I'm looking at finally upgrading to a Z10 'cause I just can't wait any longer. So, a couple of questions.....

When using Wifi Hotspot, does the device still receive all alerts, text messages, emails, and phone calls?

Also, what software version is Verizon currently running on the Zed?

Thanks,
    Hoot
    12-16-13 02:00 PM
    lol i think verizon is still on 10.1 but i dont know for sure. (you know youre going to load up the 10.2.1 leak)
    yes those features all work when using wifi hotspot, you just cant connect to a wifi network while your hotspot is active.
    12-16-13 02:12 PM
    Vzn is on 10.1 still

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 02:12 PM
    Ha ha ha! Thanks guys. Yes, I'm sure I will play with a leak eventually. I've been rocking this Storm II for a while now, and I know I'll miss the full bridge with the Playbook, but I just can't wait anymore!!

Thanks again to both of you,
    Hoot
    12-16-13 02:22 PM
    You look just like Frank Zappa

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 02:26 PM
    You look just like Frank Zappa

Posted via CB10
    LOL! Not really. That IS Frank. You're showing your age, brother. I learn something about people who "recognize"....

Hoot
    12-16-13 02:51 PM
    Ha! I'm a child of the 70's

Posted via CB10
    Uncle Remus and miker476 like this.
    12-16-13 02:54 PM
    I heard that if you remember the 70's you weren't really there
    12-16-13 03:14 PM
    I heard that if you remember the 70's you weren't really there
    Exactly! I don't remember much of the late 60s and practically none of the 70s.

I DO remember being in the military in the 70s and that disco sucked! LMAO!

Hoot
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-16-13 04:09 PM
    If you get a zed. You have to get 10.2.1.... there's no alternative. the quick settings and everything are awesome! You can just turn on your hot spot from anywhere with the quick settings. Highly recommend it and I've also got the best battery life I've ever had with this leak. Went from 8 Hours to usually 10-12 sometimes even 15 hours... just turn off blue tooth and locations and stuff until you actually need them

C00270EBC check out my Tattoo channel! Brought to you by Laughing Buddha Tattoo and Body Piercing
    12-16-13 04:37 PM
    If you get a zed. You have to get 10.2.1.... there's no alternative. the quick settings and everything are awesome! You can just turn on your hot spot from anywhere with the quick settings. Highly recommend it and I've also got the best battery life I've ever had with this leak. Went from 8 Hours to usually 10-12 sometimes even 15 hours... just turn off blue tooth and locations and stuff until you actually need them

C00270EBC check out my Tattoo channel! Brought to you by Laughing Buddha Tattoo and Body Piercing
    Of course, I know y'all are right. I'm sure I won't be able to help myself. I NEED functions!

Hoot
    12-16-13 04:56 PM
    Of course, I know y'all are right. I'm sure I won't be able to help myself. I NEED functions!

Hoot
    Then certainly don't install a leak! Bad idea...

To actually answer your questions, yes your phone receives everything on hotspot. You have to make sure your account allows hotspot though.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 05:21 PM
    Then certainly don't install a leak! Bad idea...

To actually answer your questions, yes your phone receives everything on hotspot. You have to make sure your account allows hotspot though.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. Yeah, I'll have to get a feel for it the way it is then make a decision on whether or not to risk a leak.

Thanks again for the advice and information.

Hoot
    12-16-13 09:17 PM
    If you don't like the leak then you can always restore with whatever OS your carrier is on. I highly recommend trying it though, it's worth the few bugs in my opinion. Some people have had a lot worse bugs some people havent... the worst I've had is that my calendar wasn't really working, the music app wasn't working, the hub is a little slower than usual, also the battery is bad at first but it usually is for the first few days with a leak. Most things were working within a week. Battery is phenomenal now, music app is working fine, and hub is better but still a little laggy. Only thing that still isn't working is the calendar. It opens but when I add events it doesn't save and I also lost all my calendar data from before upgrade. There are ways to fix these things like Sideloading older calendar app but I don't really mind that much. Just try it, you can always restore...

12-17-13 03:15 AM
    Cool. Thanks bro.....

Hoot
    12-17-13 11:36 AM
    No workarounds for using hotspot while not paying for it yet?
    12-17-13 11:40 AM
    I doubt you will see that. If you have an unlimited data plan on your phone, and had a free mobile Hotspot, you could use it on any computer and run up a zillion GB' s data.

If you are on a shared data plan, it should be already free.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 01:02 PM
    No workarounds for using hotspot while not paying for it yet?
    Escreens

Search escreens
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-17-13 01:08 PM
    I doubt you will see that. If you have an unlimited data plan on your phone, and had a free mobile Hotspot, you could use it on any computer and run up a zillion GB' s data.

If you are on a shared data plan, it should be already free.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not on VZW yet, I though unlimited plans are no more and if you hotspot they cut you off? I don't need a shared plan, there is only me. Their plans cost too much for what you get.
    12-17-13 01:14 PM
    Escreens

Search escreens
    You have to do that every time you reboot?
    12-17-13 01:15 PM
    I don't think so, but you can enable the disabled hotspot from the escreens screen.
    I haven't used it , no need to on my carrier.
    12-17-13 02:00 PM
    12-17-13 02:11 PM