my Z10 turns into a black screen when it idles or lock it and then I press the unlock key and its still a black screen.
    I press the up and down volume keys and I see the volume change but the screen is still black.
    This happened to me about 5 or 6 times now. I either have to pull out the battery or hold the lock button to turn it off or restart it.
    02-12-13 06:49 AM
    This actually happened to me this morning! I had set the alarm to go off, which it did, and then I think I snoozed it (sorry, was half asleep) and then when I had actually woken up and wanted to check for messages because it had been in bedside mode it had appeared to have hung. Black screen and no combination of swipes would let me into the phone, but the volume up and down buttons still worked so it wasnt actually hung.

I just restarted it and it has been working great since!

Had you been using the phone in bedside mode at all when then has happened?
    02-12-13 07:14 AM
    Not sure what bed time mode is but it happens when I press the lock key..

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 08:10 AM
    anybody else have this problem?
    02-12-13 08:08 PM
    Nope, never had this happen and I've never restarted my phone yet since I got it. Were you in an app before it happened?
    02-12-13 08:42 PM
    Try pressing the voice button. This works for me. Then just swipe up, and the rest resets
    Also try the 5 swipe reset for the hub. I have found that if I lose wifi the app I was using sometimes caused this.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 08:46 PM
    Happens to me all the time with the clock. Like above, it will often get stuck in the clock app and you can't get rid of it without either pressing the voice control key or locking phone then launching the camera from the lock screen. Annoying. Hope it get's fixed in 10.1
    02-12-13 09:38 PM
    happens to me with the microfibre case i have. i pulled the phone out once and it was stuck on the rogers screen. the 2nd time it was just a black screen.
    battery pull the first time.. pressed and held the top botton and tried restarting the second time
    02-15-13 09:10 PM
    Happened to me today after having set the Z10 up with password protect and pulling it out of the case. It goes black on and off. Placing it on the table makes it go black and as soon as I pick it up the display returns to normal. I think it might be related to a sensor issue.
    03-05-13 07:55 PM
    I had this happen to me just once when a friend locked the phone after playing around with it, but I haven't been able to recreate it ever since.
    03-05-13 07:59 PM
    my Z10 turns into a black screen when it idles or lock it and then I press the unlock key and its still a black screen.
    I press the up and down volume keys and I see the volume change but the screen is still black.
    This happened to me about 5 or 6 times now. I either have to pull out the battery or hold the lock button to turn it off or restart it.
    This is normal. It's to save on battery life. My device has done it since day one and it might explain why I get close to 2 1/2 to 3 days of standby time on my battery.
    03-06-13 05:03 AM
    Doesnt happen to mine and i have the microfibre pouch. I have my Z10 to lock as soon as i put it in my case but soon as i pull it out, the screen comes alive. The only thing i have noticed is a bit of lag when i go to put my password in to unlock my z10 but its not a huge deal.
    03-06-13 06:54 AM
    I looked into this a little more based on the above comments. When placed inside or on top of (tried both sides) the Z10 pouch (lying flat) it immediately blackens the screen. On removing or lifting it from the pouch it brings the screen back up. Same if I tilt the Z10 while lying on the pouch. I tried lying it on many other kinds of surfaces and none affects the screen. This means that the Z10 use a combination of position sensors and perhaps a proximity sensor to alter the screen state.

When my screen alternate black (perhaps 10-15 sec.) and on several times while I was holding it, it was perhaps this sensor system that had gotten "confused". Anyway, it seems like a smart way to save power and I wonder why BB has not touted this as a benefit of both the Z10 and the pouch! I think there are also many other features that should be better documented by BB.
    03-06-13 07:54 AM
    I have been experiencing this since I got my z10
    its pretty annoying since the only way to fix it is to turn off and on my z10 again.
    I still wonder whether it's a hardware or a software problem?
    05-12-13 02:44 PM
    had this happen to me quite frequently until i ran the 10.1 leak
    05-12-13 05:37 PM
    I am currently on .1627 and still get this often.
    rayzian which leak are you on
    ps. I'm using stl 100-1
    05-13-13 08:01 AM
    .1762 on stl100-3
    05-14-13 01:00 AM
    08-21-13 11:36 AM
    I've got my z10 into a blackscreen to , but my problem was a little bit different . Today i've got my blackberry cant open all the application include my settings . After that i connecting my device with bb link but the device wasn't found so i try to reload it and after finishing i just got my blackberry with black screen . Please help me :'(
    08-21-13 11:41 AM
    What shoul i do ?
    08-21-13 11:41 AM
    Yes, I'm having this problem except my phone isn't in bedside mode and has only just started doing this! I can use phone for approx 30 secs before it cuts out then I leave it and it then starts ringing and sounding out my notifications I have to use the unlock key to light the screen up bk to normal, then again it goes.
    Pleas help!
    lawliet4401728 likes this.
    12-04-13 04:35 PM
    Press the button in between the volume key and hold it.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 08:55 PM
    Sounds like you have the screen lock timeout set to thirty seconds...

CB10 On my suave Z10
    12-06-13 10:02 PM
    i had a same problem with my bb z 10... how to solve.. plz reply it.
    08-05-14 09:43 AM