Do anyone have a clue when the Z10 will get the OTA rerelease of 10.3 in Canada? Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 09:03 AM
    What device? what carrier?

If it isn't out now... no, no one here knows when it will come.
    03-25-15 09:15 AM
    The device is a Z10 STL 100-3 on the Virgin network. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 10:05 AM
    I cannot comment on the software update from Virgin for the Z10, but perhaps they are in the same position Telus is in?

Short of manually installing it myself, I am stuck on 10.2.1 due to Telus pulling the 10.3.1 update due to the associated bugs with it. I was one of the unfortunate ones who did not snag the OTA update in time before it was pulled. It sounds like you are in the same position with Virgin?

Yesterday morning I checked with Sachesi and confirmed the new 10.3.1 update for the Z10 had not been pushed.

I'm on mobile right now so I cannot check on Virgin for you, alas. Perhaps another member could make a quick check?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 04:22 PM
    Just get the leak
    03-25-15 08:00 PM
    I was one of the unfortunate ones who did not snag the OTA update in time before it was pulled.
    Or fortunate ones... I did 2 attempts to update Z10 OTA on Telus network. Both failed. First one resulted in partial user data loss (pictures, contacts, browser bookmarks), second stuck on 98% on reboot and never recovered. I had to use autoloader to restore the OS, i.e. total data loss.

The phone is not my main device, I have no problem to flash it 5 times a day. OTA update was more like an experiment. I was testing many leaks before using autoloader. OTA update was tested from official 10.2.1 version to official 10.3.1. Didn't work well, that's why was removed by carriers.
    03-25-15 08:56 PM
    Use sachesi to get the leak
    03-25-15 09:37 PM
    Or fortunate ones... I did 2 attempts to update Z10 OTA on Telus network. Both failed. First one resulted in partial user data loss (pictures, contacts, browser bookmarks), second stuck on 98% on reboot and never recovered. I had to use autoloader to restore the OS, i.e. total data loss.

The phone is not my main device, I have no problem to flash it 5 times a day. OTA update was more like an experiment. I was testing many leaks before using autoloader. OTA update was tested from official 10.2.1 version to official 10.3.1. Didn't work well, that's why was removed by carriers.
    How very odd. It seems like the OTA updates had notoriously been very smooth from Telus but this last official one has been a very mixed bag to say the least.

Suffice to say, I'm waiting until the end of the week to see if we get thrown an update. If not, I think I'll give my first autoloader a whirl. That 10.3.1.2582 (?) seems to look promising.

Really hoping to see them push the update internally, though.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-15 01:18 AM
    Try Sachsei method as it keeps your settings and updates like the OTA but the difference is you download first are the files to a pc. From the pc and with Sachsei you then update your device. There is lots of information in the forums about Sachesi. Good luck.
    03-26-15 01:30 AM
    Suffice to say, I'm waiting until the end of the week to see if we get thrown an update. If not, I think I'll give my first autoloader a whirl. That 10.3.1.2582 (?) seems to look promising.
    Autoloader installation without restore from previous version works best. If you have your contacts online and don't care much about games progress (if you have any games), just backup your SMS messages with SMS Backup or similar app (don't know about BBM, I don't use it), move your files to SD card or your computer and you're good to go. Then you'll need some time to setup the system manually from scratch and move back your files.

Just to warn you that different users have different experience and you may still have some issues. In my case the most annoying one is with Phone app - the phone vibrates after call answer and there is a delay in dialing numbers and accepting calls. I also see UI lag on 10.3.1 and it's getting worse after 2-3 days of use. You will lose Adobe Flash support in Browser. It's not supported anymore on any mobile OS. Calendar app is different, most people don't like it. Call answer screen is a little different too, not exactly at the bottom of the screen where is used to be. No tap screen to silence the ringer anymore, no tap screen to take picture anymore. Just read the threads about 10.3.1 update.
    03-26-15 05:36 AM
    Autoloader installation without restore from previous version works best. If you have your contacts online and don't care much about games progress (if you have any games), just backup your SMS messages with SMS Backup or similar app (don't know about BBM, I don't use it), move your files to SD card or your computer and you're good to go. Then you'll need some time to setup the system manually from scratch and move back your files.

Just to warn you that different users have different experience and you may still have some issues. In my case the most annoying one is with Phone app - the phone vibrates after call answer and there is a delay in dialing numbers and accepting calls. I also see UI lag on 10.3.1 and it's getting worse after 2-3 days of use. You will lose Adobe Flash support in Browser. It's not supported anymore on any mobile OS. Calendar app is different, most people don't like it. Call answer screen is a little different too, not exactly at the bottom of the screen where is used to be. No tap screen to silence the ringer anymore, no tap screen to take picture anymore. Just read the threads about 10.3.1 update.
    Hey, thanks for the very detailed reply. I've been keeping up to date on all the findings of the latest release and the problems associated with it. Like you outlined, there appears to be quite a few.

Are you on the 10.3.1.2582 release on a z10?

I am primarily thinking of upgrading due to the sluggishness I've seen my phone developed lately. I'm also hoping the updated Android runtime will allow some new apps to work I've been looking forward to. I am going to do a full SIC wipe and then use an autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Smitty13; 03-26-15 at 10:36 AM.
    03-26-15 09:26 AM
    Are you on the 10.3.1.2582 release on a z10?
    No, I'm not going to update to 10.3.1, I'm just playing with it. Don't like the new Android and iOS user interface mix and I have about 20 other reasons. I'm going to retire BB10 platform on 10.2.2.1609 OS release. This one has best battery life and signal reception from all 10.2.x and 10.3.x versions. Z10 is my 4th and last BlackBerry device.
    03-26-15 01:06 PM
    No, I'm not going to update to 10.3.1, I'm just playing with it. Don't like the new Android and iOS user interface mix and I have about 20 other reasons. I'm going to retire BB10 platform on 10.2.2.1609 OS release. This one has best battery life and signal reception from all 10.2.x and 10.3.x versions. Z10 is my 4th and last BlackBerry device.
    Ah, pity this will be your last BlackBerry device! I know this last update rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

Whatever the case is, and I say this being the loyal BlackBerry user I am, I hope one day the OS is developed into something that'll help lure you back. Thanks again for the replies and information. It was very much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    vbdwork likes this.
    03-26-15 01:16 PM