AT&T just rolled out a new OS update. Would love to see if this helps those experiencing the reboot issue.
    Nope it doesn't help. My one phone has already rebooted after the new AT&T update. I updated my phones last night and awoke this morning to see that one had rebooted about an hour earlier.
    04-12-13 08:55 AM
    Rebooted while swiping down to get into settings.

BOOM! Rebooted... Ugh... this is getting very frustrating...

Rogers.
    STL100-3
    Software: 10.0.9.348

No apps installed, used for enterprise testing with BES10. This phone gets wiped more than a 2yr's bum during potty training.
    Last edited by GoJaysGo; 04-12-13 at 09:23 AM.
    04-12-13 09:11 AM
    Yep, seems I've seen several people report random reboots after doing the recent AT&T update. Oh well.

Rogers.
    STL100-3
    Software: 10.0.9.348

BTW - you're on a very old software release. Have you checked to see if there is an update available? Rogers released 10.0.10.85 back around 2/28:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-85-a-776895/
    04-12-13 11:10 PM
    My Z10 stopped with that random reboots since I uninstalled all sideloaded apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 02:33 AM
    I mentioned this in the z10 forum but since i'm here... It seems everyone has done different types of testing and troubleshooting so i'll say what seems to be working for me at the moment....

I'm with t-mobile with a model 100-3 and os .85...it turns out that when i leave an active frame on it prevents the rebooting... I left it active for 2 days and no reboots. The day i closed it i had a reboot, not when i closed it but later that night....now i went back to leaving it open and no reboots...i will leave it open for 2 more days and then close it to see if it still supports my theory...

Also, some people have been having luck by reformatting their memory cards. I haven't tried that yet but it will be my next test down the line. I have a 4 yr old 2g sandisk card so it shouldn't take too long...anyhow, going back to the active frames, some people have said they always leave an active frame open and it still reboots so i don't know, it could be different for each carrier.
    04-13-13 05:53 AM
    I've had mine for 2 days and it has rebooted 3 times with no additional apps loaded
    Very frustrating when I'm not holding the phone, it lights up, I look down to see it rebooting
    04-13-13 04:09 PM
    Just came back from a short trip abroad. Data was turned off to save on roaming costs, occasional wifi to check mails...no reboots for 4 days compared to 3-4 per week when at home
    04-14-13 10:04 AM
    Not sure if this will help, but, there is a thread about this here... http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=790724

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 06:26 PM
    Just came back from a short trip abroad. Data was turned off to save on roaming costs, occasional wifi to check mails...no reboots for 4 days compared to 3-4 per week when at home
    Interesting datapoint.

One of the areas that I have been thinking about lately in regards to the random rebooting issue is various background data transfers happening via the Hub. Clearly if you had data turned off, that activity would not occur. So that would tend to potentially add support to that hypothesis.
    04-15-13 03:47 AM
    Hi all, try with the best new SIM inserted into Z10, this issue will be solved.
    04-15-13 10:23 PM
    I really hope they figure out what the problem is FAST because I returned my Z10 to T-Mobile cause I got tired of it getting hot and the random reboots. I'm patiently waiting for the next big thing whether that's the next iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S4 or maybe the Aristo. With the OS updates I really hope they listen and add all the features missing from the 9900 and then some from the threads people are asking for. I must say I do miss my Z10 though
    04-15-13 10:45 PM
    I really hope they figure out what the problem is FAST because I returned my Z10 to T-Mobile cause I got tired of it getting hot and the random reboots. I'm patiently waiting for the next big thing whether that's the next iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S4 or maybe the Aristo. With the OS updates I really hope they listen and add all the features missing from the 9900 and then some from the threads people are asking for. I must say I do miss my Z10 though
    Pity you returned it now, I've seen reports of people who have installed the recent AT&T OS update that say the heating-up issue is greatly improved as well as battery life in many cases. Random restart problem hasn't been solved yet, though. (The ATT update software-wise is probably quite similiar to what would come out on T-Mobile)
    04-16-13 01:38 AM
    I have just noticed that I am getting re-boots. I have a 100-3 on WIND CA, OS is the latest upgrade 0.85. The reboots seem to happen overnight or early morning. The night before last i left it charging (not with the Z10 charger but an older BB charger). All that was running was HUB++. In the morning the notification light was flashing. Went for coffee and when I came back to the phone the light was off. Unlocked it HUB++ was no longer running and, sure enough, Settings/Hardware showed a reboot. Last night I left it not plugged in to a charger, HUB++ running and this morning HUB++ was closed and the settings showed a reboot at 4AM. Battery power was at 55%.

I will call Wind today to see if their support can be of any help, but past experience suggests not.
    04-16-13 06:35 AM
    Hi all, try with the best new SIM inserted into Z10, this issue will be solved.
    Nope. Didn't work

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-16-13 07:35 AM
    ....and there goes random reboot number 5. Thought I went blind. All of a sudden, the room went black!

Posted via CB10

I'm on an stl 100-3. ATT
    Last edited by CJH315; 04-21-13 at 07:16 AM.
    04-20-13 12:07 AM
    Can we clarify and summarize here the devices and OS involved: its seem that the reboot problems are a lots effecting stl100-3 and stl100-4
    04-20-13 10:50 AM
    Can we clarify and summarize here the devices and OS involved: its seem that the reboot problems are a lots effecting stl100-3 and stl100-4

Truly, there is no clear rhyme or reason that I have seen revealed after hundreds if not thousands of comments on this topic posted in a good 6-10 threads here.

At this point there seem to be only 2 plausible explanations:

1. Something happened to corrupt the initial firmware load/update on the device
    2. There is a fundamental OS bug which has yet to be tracked-down and fixed

All this other noise about which device, which SIM, which MicroSD card, which apps, what usage, which direction of the compass you are facing when it freezes/reboots etc, seem to just be a waste of time. Matter of fact, worse than a waste of time because people keep hashing and re-hashing the same ground over and over and over again, providing each new viewer with false hope that there is some magical act or incantation which will miraculously "fix" the problem. I have seen little evidence of this.

So I would encourage people to continue opening trouble-tickets with Blackberry support, escalate to 2nd-tier or 3rd-tier support, provide them logfiles when asked/feasible, and keep up the noise and pressure on BBRY to get this issue fixed.
    04-21-13 10:45 PM
    Hey, it's happening again, thought we were passed this point, but my Z10 has been rebooting randomly for the past week and half now. It's annoying (not as bad as the contact issue that still duplicate) . I hope next upgrade fixes this issue, but anyone know what going on with the rebooting??????????

Z10 all they way!
    05-27-14 10:52 AM
    I had multiple reboots on my Z10 a couple of weeks ago when I put in my spare battery while on a trip. Problem ceased as soon as I was able to put my regular battery back in.

I remember reading a post about Battery Guru last year where there was a suggestion that certain batteries were more likely to cause reboots than others.

My experience seems to bear that out.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 03:53 PM
94 ... 234