I have noticed that my bb10 seems to randomly reboot.
    Has anyone else experienced this too?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 02:36 PM
    Never experienced random reboot of the BlackBerry Z10, however, I will keep my eyes on such an occurrence. Are you sure you did not press and hold the Power On/Off button by mistake? What was running and what were you doing at the instant that the smartphone rebooted autonomously?
    03-03-13 02:55 PM
    happened before on my gf's android. could be an (android) app, could be temperature, or could be wifi
    03-03-13 04:14 PM
    Honesty it has happened three times that I can remember. Each time the phone has been laid down for some time and I may have had two apps open.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 04:49 PM
    happened before on my gf's android. could be an (android) app, could be temperature, or could be wifi
    Same, my Nexus 4 used to reboot about 3 times/day, and Google has even acknowledged the issue, but no solution has been provided, so this is definitely a possibility.

With that said, I've never had my Z10 restart randomly, and I have a few Android apps installed (from BlackBerry world, not side loaded)
    03-03-13 05:38 PM
    Same, my Nexus 4 used to reboot about 3 times/day, and Google has even acknowledged the issue, but no solution has been provided, so this is definitely a possibility.

With that said, I've never had my Z10 restart randomly, and I have a few Android apps installed (from BlackBerry world, not side loaded)
    ah, hers is the optimus G, the other twin of the nexus 4
    03-03-13 11:44 PM
    I've had a random reboot once in the 3 weeks I've had mine, I think I'd left a Flash video playing in the browser. Next thing I knew I saw the device booting up so I guess something running at the time had crashed...

I've had to do a couple of manual reboots (holding the power button) for odd glitches such as the swipe gestures stop working on the keyboard and also I couldn't unlock the phone once until I restarted.
    03-04-13 02:16 AM
    I've experienced this a few times. Most recent was today when I was copying some large files from the phone's memory to the microSD card through the computer. Right now I'm using the z10's file manager and it is doing OK.
    03-04-13 12:13 PM
    Hi,

Have any of you experienced, and less frequent (or none - or more?) random reboots since performing the last OS upgrade?

Thanks
    03-05-13 09:09 AM
    I had this happen when placing the Z down on my kitchen counter @ home. By no means set it down hard at all either. Did not hit the power button when setting it down either - plus that requires a long, deliberate , 3-second press.

Only happened once so far (original release of OS)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-05-13 09:16 AM
    I am trying to determine if this is a HARDWARE related issue, or something that may be fixed with the latest release; I'm w Bell, so will get it on the 7th.
    I also have very frequent app crashing , 3rd party, but also, the browser, opening settings, hub, opening attachments...
    03-05-13 09:25 AM
    I am glad my post has started a conversation about this
    I just experienced this again tonight actually 2 times in a matter of 20 min. but earlier today I was Texting emailing a lot of large documents and getting lots of FB messages via the pc which also post to the phone. Every time that I've noticed the phone rebooting the phone has been just sitting there on the counter with one or no apps running at all.

Hopefully an update will fix this. Love my phon
    03-05-13 06:40 PM
    Mine has crashed three times in the past two days. I went to my phone app to make a call and the phone went black and rebooted. I think the phone is great, but it is not as stable as my 9790 was. It is way more smooth and fluid though.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 07:10 PM
    Mikeg/rhh

What carrier/OS version are you running?

To anyone else, have you experienced this after the 10.0.10.85 update?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 10:01 PM
    Telus & running 10.85

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 04:01 AM
    I've had my z10 reboot randomly as well. It seems its created by some side loaded apps such as whatsapp and such. It doesn't annoy me as much as the Os loading time is speedy. I think it may be a software problem with android runtime?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 06:36 AM
    Mikeg/rhh

What carrier/OS version are you running?

To anyone else, have you experienced this after the 10.0.10.85 update?

Posted via CB10
    I am on Bell and am still waiting for the upgrade.. 10.0.9.2372

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 07:30 AM
    My z10 has frozen few times and became totally unresponsive so had to do battery reset. I was using BBM, maps and tried to open another app when that happened.

Posted via CB10
    steendamer likes this.
    03-06-13 10:40 AM
    I had the same issue while I've activated memory card encryption! Double check if you have enabled it.

My memory card is a 64gb and I used to format it in order to fix this issue.

Sean

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 05:32 PM
    Mine just rebooted itself just now (that's why I came looking for this thread LOL).

I'm with Virgin Canada and we just got the update yesterday. The one thing different about today is that I have sideloaded OpenWhatsApp onto my Zormtrooper today. I wonder if this is a coincidence or a common link between Z10's rebooting.

*UPDATE* I uninstalled OpenWhatsApp just in case. I'll have to keep an eye on the situation.
    03-08-13 01:00 PM
    I am starting to think that it may be an android issue as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 01:55 PM
    It could be hardware related, the first Z10 I had would random reboot while it was idle no open programs or anything so I took it back to Telus still within 30 days of buying and they replaced it. No problems with this one so far, fully updated also.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 02:27 PM
    It is my opinion that the majority of people reporting "random rebooting" - ie device crashes while you're not actually doing something on it that moment - are due to lousy sideloaded Android apps.

Is there anyone here who has experienced multiple "random reboots" as described above who is not running sideloaded apps?
    03-08-13 05:33 PM
    I had a random reboot about a week ago running 10.85 with rogers, i was encrypting my files on the phone and memory card using the encryption section of the settings menu, as well as searching through my photos... sadly i cannot be used as an example because i am also running a ported version of whatsapp... never had this happen before though, and have been running whatsapp for the better part of 4 weeks

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 05:45 PM
    It is my opinion that the majority of people reporting "random rebooting" - ie device crashes while you're not actually doing something on it that moment - are due to lousy sideloaded Android apps.

Is there anyone here who has experienced multiple "random reboots" as described above who is not running sideloaded apps?
    My first Z did random reboots from day one before put any apps at all on it.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 06:13 PM
94 123 ...