Hello, dropped and damaged the housing to my z10 very badly. I've been searching the Internet and forms and haven't come across anything, so was wondering of anyone has found housing replacements for the z10. And if anyone knows if there will be housings for the q10 and z10 if different colors as there were for previous blackberrys.

One of best things years ago was being able to replace the shelling of my blackberry if it was ever to damaged. I think this would be a plus if they were available for bb10 devices.

Seems people only reply to troll sounding threads, so I guess ill see if I get an answer or just 500+ views.

Thanks.
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 04-22-13 at 03:18 PM.
    04-22-13 02:39 PM
    Anybody? .....
    04-22-13 03:16 PM
    None yet for z10 that I've seen. Just parts (screens, boards etc)

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-22-13 04:28 PM
    None yet for z10 that I've seen. Just parts (screens, boards etc)

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for a response, guess I'll keeping googling till I find a replace for mine. Don't wanna have to buy a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 05:39 PM
    Agreed. Maybe rim will sell an OEM part?

Dela extreme had none either. My only thought is buy a busted z10 on ebay, or wait for an OEM replacement pop up.

I know what you men's though. I've always made my Berrys candy red. So I've been loving my LE

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-22-13 05:44 PM
    Hopefully but a lot of the Z10 is metal.

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    04-22-13 06:07 PM
    Agreed. Maybe rim will sell an OEM part?

Dela extreme had none either. My only thought is buy a busted z10 on ebay, or wait for an OEM replacement pop up.

I know what you men's though. I've always made my Berrys candy red. So I've been loving my LE

Posted via CB10
    Yah that's what I have to do ove found one site with replacement housing for about 64.99

But I agree this could be a BIG money maker for BlackBerry if they sold colored housings for the z10 and q10. Under the BlackBerry brand.

I would change mine on a 2-3 month basis, always keeping the phone fresh. Hopefully they see the potential.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 06:08 PM
    Agreed. Maybe rim ( ............)

Posted via CB10
    Who's that?

Posted via CB10
    jordandrews90 likes this.
    04-22-13 06:20 PM
    Who's that?

Posted via CB10
    The guys who made your phone. Look at the box. They are not officially BlackBerry, yet.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-22-13 06:25 PM
    Hello, dropped and damaged the housing to my z10 very badly. I've been searching the Internet and forms and haven't come across anything, so was wondering of anyone has found housing replacements for the z10. And if anyone knows if there will be housings for the q10 and z10 if different colors as there were for previous blackberrys.

One of best things years ago was being able to replace the shelling of my blackberry if it was ever to damaged. I think this would be a plus if they were available for bb10 devices.

Seems people only reply to troll sounding threads, so I guess ill see if I get an answer or just 500+ views.

Thanks.
    Well here in the Philippines, we're very quick to jump on new smartphone accessories. Stores here (to my surprise) already have different colors of back plates for the Z10. We have red, white, black, blue. I'll try to post a picture of them when I go by one of the local mobile stores here.

Try looking into the small local mobile stores in your area, as these are I believe unofficial plates. But for original BlackBerry plates, I haven't been able to find one here. Would love to have a royal blue back plate though.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-22-13 06:26 PM
    Well here in the Philippines, we're very quick to jump on new smartphone accessories. Stores here (to my surprise) already have different colors of back plates for the Z10. We have red, white, black, blue. I'll try to post a picture of them when I go by one of the local mobile stores here.

Try looking into the small local mobile stores in your area, as these are I believe unofficial plates. But for original BlackBerry plates, I haven't been able to find one here. Would love to have a royal blue back plate though.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    If they are what im looking for. I would love to have you ship one to me and I would pay for the shipping and the cost of the item. Please post pictures when you get a chance

04-22-13 06:47 PM
    Hopefully but a lot of the Z10 is metal.

The z10 housing is indeed plastic, I've found replacement to the original, no customized ones though.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:30 PM

Posted via my sexy Z10
    The back plate is nice and that is fast, I haven't found any here yet. But I'm talking about the body of the phone. Replacement housing would be nice in the future, makes a 3 year contact not feel as bad from my past experiences. (i bought the z10 right out).

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:34 PM
    Here's a picture from one of the local shops here. They have an online posting in our local eBay version of a website - sulit.com.ph. The back plates have an attached flip cover as well, a plus for me, but I can't speak for everyone. Here's the link to it. http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...osition,4-3,63

Z10 and q10 Housing Replacements? Different Colors?-img_00000043.jpg

I don't know if they ship outside the Philippines though.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-22-13 08:04 PM
    The back plate is nice and that is fast, I haven't found any here yet. But I'm talking about the body of the phone. Replacement housing would be nice in the future, makes a 3 year contact not feel as bad from my past experiences. (i bought the z10 right out).

Posted via CB10
    Ohhh. For housing though, hmm. I'm looking at my Z10, and it looks definitely solid. If it would be possible to replace a housing for this phone, it may take a while for manufacturers to create one for it. But that is just coming from a non professional like me. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Why not try investing in a case, maybe? While replacement housings are still unavailable.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-22-13 08:12 PM
    Here's a picture from one of the local shops here. They have an online posting in our local eBay version of a website - sulit.com.ph. The back plates have an attached flip cover as well, a plus for me, but I can't speak for everyone. Here's the link to it. http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...osition,4-3,63

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000043.jpg 
Views:	875 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	154024

I don't know if they ship outside the Philippines though.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    Those actually look really nice! Will look into it, thanks

yelmonster and SDTRMG like this.
    04-22-13 11:26 PM
    You could get an OEM replacement.

And get creative with hard, glossy spray paint. You'd be spraying it whole its not attached to the screen

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 11:39 PM

And get creative with hard, glossy spray paint. You'd be spraying it whole its not attached to the screen

Posted via CB10
    I tried that with the PlayBook and it wasn't pretty. The PlayBook's black paint started peeling off.

04-22-13 11:50 PM
    Ohhh. For housing though, hmm. I'm looking at my Z10, and it looks definitely solid. If it would be possible to replace a housing for this phone, it may take a while for manufacturers to create one for it. But that is just coming from a non professional like me. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Why not try investing in a case, maybe? While replacement housings are still unavailable.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    I did find some with instructions, not colors just the manufacturer build. I will be using a case once I replace it.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 03:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thats a great idea, I'm going to look into it.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 03:01 AM
    I tried that with the PlayBook and it wasn't pretty. The PlayBook's black paint started peeling off.

Nvm lol

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    04-23-13 03:01 AM
    I did find some with instructions, not colors just the manufacturer build. I will be using a case once I replace it.

Posted via CB10
    If you get a replacement, I'd be interested in buying your damaged housing for a mod I want to make, but I'm not ready to sacrifice my Z yet...send me a pm

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 05:37 AM

Thanks.
    I have a NEW Z10 Black Battery Door with Flip Shell. Bought it for about USD20 but a friend recently gave me a Flip Shell. If you want it, you could have it for free.
    Affie36 likes this.
    04-23-13 05:48 AM
    Duck tape?
    04-23-13 06:13 AM
    If you get a replacement, I'd be interested in buying your damaged housing for a mod I want to make, but I'm not ready to sacrifice my Z yet...send me a pm

Posted via CB10
    Once its in and I've changed the housing I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 10:34 AM
30 12