Running OS 10.2.1.2941

I can see the files off my computer with the phone connected on Mass Storage but when I go back
    into the phone there is a significant amount of files not being displayed in the music app nor the
    File Explorer. I have Security wiped the device twice now and reinstalled the OS also. Please help!
    Is this a OS related issue?
    06-17-14 09:15 AM
    Are the files in the "Music" folder on your SD card?

Are they in proper format that BB10 can support?
    06-17-14 10:58 AM
    Take a backup of the SD card on your PC, then insert the SD card into your BlackBerry and format the SD card using the BlackBerry Z10 (Settings -> Storage and Access). Then transfer the files over.
    Note it will then take a few minutes for the device to index all files on the SD card and for you to see them in the Music app, Pictures app, etc.
    PowderJockey likes this.
    06-17-14 11:00 AM
    I agree with the formatting suggestion. The first 64Gb SD card I bought did the same thing but it was because it was a fake card and had communication issues. The second card had issues until I formatted it and has worked perfectly since.
    06-17-14 01:22 PM
    Running OS 10.2.1.2941

I can see the files off my computer with the phone connected on Mass Storage but when I go back
    into the phone there is a significant amount of files not being displayed in the music app nor the
    File Explorer. I have Security wiped the device twice now and reinstalled the OS also. Please help!
    Is this a OS related issue?
    Yes it's an OS issue.

Take your card and move the files onto your PC. Then format it with guiformat.exe in FAT32 format. Then move your files back on to the SD card and put it back in your phone. Problem solved.
    06-17-14 02:15 PM
    NOTE:

when you copy files back from your PC to your freshly formatted SD card, DO NOT copy the following files:
    .crypt_keystore
    system_crypt_file
    .\System Volume Information\

Only copy the individual folders that you need, such as camera\, music\ videos\ etc.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-17-14 08:14 PM
    Full process for backing up your Media Card data and restoring to a new SD card (or the same SD card if it has become corrupted):

Enable USB mode on your phone. (settings > storage and access > USB mass storage)
    Connect phone to PC
    Copy all your files from the phone to your PC.
    Disconnect your phone.
    Turn off USB mode.
    <Insert a new SD card at this point if you're upgrading>
    Erase media card. (settings > storage and access > Erase Media Card)
    Format media card, wait for process to complete (it may download a driver)
    Re-enable USB mode
    Connect to PC
    Copy individual folders from PC back to SD card such as camera, music, videos folders. (DO NOT copy .the crypt_keystore, system_crypt_file, files or the .\System Volume Information\ folder)
    Disconnect from PC
    Turn off USB mode.
    Edge of Night likes this.
    06-17-14 08:20 PM
    Good morning fellas,

Thank you so much for your suggestions!! Though the one that worked is "FireChestDotCom" advice. Sucks that these new OS's cant read all your files on the SD card unless its a FAT32 format. Well, problem solved. Here's hoping they fix it in the future updates.
    06-18-14 08:24 AM
    Dear kind ladies and gentlemen, Since switching ALL my sd cards in all my devices to Patriot brand I no longer have these issues. Cameras, camcorders, picture frames, phones and the rest. Unfortunately SanDisc Cards gave me issues, Patriot Cards don't.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon STL100-4 10.3.0.296/442
    06-21-14 03:53 AM
    I switched to a Kingston and I still have the problem. I'm bummed

My phone can beat up your phone
    06-21-14 07:06 AM
    64Gb cards are NOT stable in other than exFAT format.

exFAT only works on 3175.

You're playing with fire reformatting these as FAT32.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-21-14 07:55 AM

Well yes and no.
    No because the 64GB card can be reformatted back to exFat using either Windows 7 and above or SD Formatter.

Yes because we are trying to make them do things they aren't ready to do yet...lol
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-21-14 09:09 AM

so your saying I should be worried?
    06-21-14 10:35 AM
    Not worried but the 64gb cards are meant to use exfat and some even say do not format in another type. Yes they can be and work but seems then threads like this start

If it were me I would not format it as fat32 instead I would put it away until BBRY fixes it.
    06-21-14 10:50 AM
    so your saying I should be worried?
    Yep.

Odds are if you write to it regularly (e.g. save photos and videos on it) you will find it corrupted and everything on it gone -- probably without warning.

And while it is rare, the damage can be permanent (that is recovery by reformatting to exFAT on a Windows machine FAILS.)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-21-14 02:09 PM
    Ty

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 11:21 AM