Okay, so, I want to access my Z10's files over WiFi, presumably via BlackBerry Link if only to make it easier to copy files over.

I have activated BlackBerry Link both on my Z10 and my PC, they're connected to the same WiFi network (well, my PC by Ethernet Cable), and in my Z10, I can see the folders shared by Link.

The problem is, while my Z10 can see my PC, my PC can't see my Z10. BlackBerry Link also says my Z10 is not connected, so something is definitely off.

So, can someone tell me what I can do so my PC can see my Z10?

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    09-05-13 03:38 AM
    On Z10, Settings>Media Sharing
    Okay, so, I want to access my Z10's files over WiFi, presumably via BlackBerry Link if only to make it easier to copy files over.

I have activated BlackBerry Link both on my Z10 and my PC, they're connected to the same WiFi network (well, my PC by Ethernet Cable), and in my Z10, I can see the folders shared by Link.

The problem is, while my Z10 can see my PC, my PC can't see my Z10. BlackBerry Link also says my Z10 is not connected, so something is definitely off.

So, can someone tell me what I can do so my PC can see my Z10?

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    09-05-13 04:17 AM
    I have this work intermittently. Sometimes plugging in via USB resolves it, sometimes rebooting the PC does.
    yvpan1 likes this.
    09-05-13 04:24 AM
    On Z10, Settings>Media Sharing
    Does a PC count as a DLNA device?

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    09-05-13 07:25 AM
    Does a PC count as a DLNA device?

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    Have you tried transferring files yet? What are you attempting to accomplish? File transfer from pc to phone? Phone to pc? Pictures? Movies? Videos?

Trusted Member
    09-07-13 03:36 AM
    Have you tried transferring files yet? What are you attempting to accomplish? File transfer from pc to phone? Phone to pc? Pictures? Movies? Videos?

Trusted Member
    I'm trying to transfer files over from Z10 to PC. BlackBerry Link doesn't detect my phone as connected, so I can't transfer files over that. Mostly media files, but sometimes also other file types, documents, compressed archive etc.

EDIT:
    I have to say, however, that my Z10 detects my PC just fine. It can copy over files from My Documents into the microSD.

It's doing the vice versa that is the problem

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    09-07-13 03:44 AM
    Bluetooth on? I use bluetooth transfer to my pc for single files. USB for multiple file transfer.
    Edit: Have you granted "Remote File Access" in BlackBerry Link Program settings on your computer? Have you added folders to share?

Attachment 199415

Trusted Member
    09-07-13 02:50 PM
    I don't have bluetooth on my PC. Like I said, my Z10 can see my PC and I can copy files from my PC to Z10 just fine. BUT, I can only do it from Z10 (of course), my Z10 is not detected in my PC.

And yes, I've shared a folder, my user's folder, that's how I can see my PC's files in my Z10

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    09-07-13 09:36 PM
    Go to Settings - > Storage and Access -> Make sure "Access using Wi-Fi" is checked.

Go to Settings -> About - >Network -> See what the WiFi IP address of your dvices is. It should be something like 192.168.0.100 / 24

Now go to your desktop and to any explorer window (e.g. My Computer) and type in your IP address preceeded by "\\"

E.g. \\192.168.0.100

It should show your Z10.
    You might have to type that and press enter a few times. It might say it's not connected until a few more tries. If it asks for a password, enter the password you set up when you enabled the WiFi sharing. You might have to enter it a few times.

Funny thing is that it will ask me to enter the username and password. I'll enter it and submit and it will say it's wrong. Then I do it a few more times by just spamming the enter key so it keep sending the same user and pass I typed before and after like 10 more tries, it will authenticate and show me the Z10 file folders.
    09-07-13 11:46 PM
    You also have to connect it via usb, and then go to settings for the phone in BB Link and enable wifi syncing.
    09-08-13 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD